Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Billy , the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.... but my neighbor gave it to me tonight . It is in the case with a bench. It has some feet, some I can figure out others :shock: LOL
I'm sorry....I've been super busy lately, and haven't done the attachment tutes that I promised yet! I'll try to get them done soon!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by sharon b
Billy , the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.... but my neighbor gave it to me tonight . It is in the case with a bench. It has some feet, some I can figure out others :shock: LOL
I'm sorry....I've been super busy lately, and haven't done the attachment tutes that I promised yet! I'll try to get them done soon!
No problem Charlee, you have been busy getting those dream machines. In ebay and other searches there sure are alot of machines available in your neck of the woods along with quilts. Why is everyone getting rid of their cute little machines?

I am going to have to start playing the lottery so I have enough money to help Billy rescue them all.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 PM

The economy here is like it is everywhere...people need money,and the most expendable things are going first...machines that most look on as decorative fit that category... :(
Old 06-10-2010, 09:54 PM

I agree. It is not a Singer 66-1 but is a Singer 66 dash something. It is also called the Red Eye for the red eye in the decals. Nice machine in great shape. You did really well to get that for free!

I have many vintage machines. I did have a 66 Red Eye but traded it away to learn how to wire machines. My favorites are Singer 301 and 401. I also like my Pfaff 130; I find it much more reliable than later Pfaffs. (And that's only the start of my collection!)

Cricket
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Come this Sunday I will have my second Non-Singer thanks to Charlee!!! I will have in my possession a pretty W&W D9!

Billy
Uhhhhhmmmmmmmmm....Billy? Honey, Baby, Sweetie Pie (said to ease the pain)... it ain't so pretty!! She WILL be, with your help, but right now, as she sits, well, heh! Let's just say she has some issues!!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:50 AM

[quote=quilt addict]
Originally Posted by Aurora
Yesterday I strayed from the Singers and got this on eBay for $14.99. It was listed once before and I missed bidding on it, but it was relisted and the price was lowered so I just couldn't pass on it. Can't wait to get it to start cleaning it.
quote]

Aurora - that is a beautiful machine. I'm glad you missed the first bid and got it for less. Enjoy cleaning her up. I am trying to do non singers for awhile because it seems like the treadle cabinets are prettier. What a reason.....I need help....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Are you sure it isn't a little encouragement you'd be needin?

She is a pretty little thing. Think maybe I will name her Minerva and call her Nervie Jane, after my Great, Great, Grandmother.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I am trying to find info on a New Eldridge Rotary Electric machine. Where can I look for serial numbers to date the machine? I am thinking it's circa 1930s.
Morning everyone, I have the coffee on and sitting here thinking about the few errands I have to do first so the shop will be in your hands for a bit. But like Mac Arthur I shall return!!!!

I had to come to this post because it is absolutely gorgeous!! And it is an Eldridge. This company merged with National and became one of the largest companies badging machines in America.

Remember talking about wishing you had a spool of thread for a bobbin instead of a little bobbin? These guys had that figured out and was patented under the National/Eldridge company.

The "National two spool" as it was known as was made somewhere in the teens and for a few years. Why it never really caught on I do not know, but I am going to say it had a lot to do with the "Sewing Machine Wars" which was a free for all that ended up setting almost every patent law we have in effect because of it.

But what makes this machine so important to me is the fact that it is an Eldridge and not a National. You hardly ever see an Eldridge especially one in this condition floating around.

This is a very important machine in the history of sewing machines!!

Billy
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 AM
Banned

Come this Sunday I will have my second Non-Singer thanks to Charlee!!! I will have in my possession a pretty W&W D9!

Billy
Uhhhhhmmmmmmmmm....Billy? Honey, Baby, Sweetie Pie (said to ease the pain)... it ain't so pretty!! She WILL be, with your help, but right now, as she sits, well, heh! Let's just say she has some issues!!
So do half the things in my life but you never hear me complaining!!!:lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I am trying to do non singers for awhile because it seems like the treadle cabinets are prettier. What a reason.....I need help....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think there is several reasons the cabinets were prettier. One is the fact that singer was trying to dominate the market, and believe me Issac Singer was killing the market. So with the HUGE volume he was cranking out there was not a lot of time to do the elaborate cabinets. He did offer some gorgeous cabinets, the Drawing Room Cabinet is the one in particular that I am looking for and I imagine I will drop close to a grand on one when I find it. But that is where my 201K will live when I find it!!!

Billy
Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 AM

Billy
So do half the things in my life but you never hear me complaining!!!:lol: :lol:

Billy
Such a good attitude! Hazel should be about halfway accross Idaho about now...she's coming!! ;) :)