Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I found another Davis VF. It's down in Los Angeles area, about a 2-1/2 hour drive for me. I e-mailed the seller and she is willing to take $125 for it. The bottom of the cabinet is painted looks like in the pics. The machine looks good. I'm going to talk to her by phone tomorrow to find out if the shuttle and all is there. She wasn't sure what the shuttle is when I asked by e-mail....she is not familiar with treadle machines. She has had it on Craigslist for several months and I have been watching. Anyway, here are the pics from the ad. Let me know what you think.
Wow, Janice I'd sure get it if I were closer!

Nancy

PS We'll miss you and Sheryl at the TOGA!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
I already sent these to Nancy, but thought I"d post them here too, just in case someone has a set in their parts pile and doesn't recognize them. These are the hinges for a Pfaff cabinet.

In order:
1. Looking down at it from the top. The pip on the top left is actually the stem that fits into the hole on the machine base.

2. From underneath-you can see the base is square (and that I'm missing a screw!) and the hinge body itself it flat, not round.

3. This is close as could get to a dead-on shot. (Pardon the rubber band-it's holding the hinges up.)
Karen, thank you so much! All your extra help has been so wonderful!

Merry Christmas to all!

Nancy
Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Have a very Merry Christmas, to all here in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop! I've had so much fun learning about sewing machines, reveling in everyone's "finds", enjoying my own acquisitions and my new found friends! I don't know if I'll ever meet any of you in person, but I sewww enjoy your company and calling you friends! Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! My presence here will be spotty the next few days.

Please know that I learned more in 2011 about machines and was introduced to my first vintage one this year. Without all of you guys here in the shop, I'd still be dumbfounded about all these things. I've enjoyed my education in vintage machines and oohing and ahing over everyone's various acquisitions and gorgeous work made on our older friends.

May the New Year bring you many, many joys. Both sewfully and soulfully. Enjoy this holiday week dear friends. If I could, I would send each of you a Christmas card to show you how much you and this shop have meant to me this year.

May the food be yummy, your waistline handle the pressure, and all the blessings be heaped upon you by the shovelful!

Melissa
Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 AM

I have a question for someone or everybody. I was given a New Home coffin top cabinet minus the top. Are all coffin tops the same size? I would like to have a top made for this cabinet. Does anyone have a coffin top and can tell me the measurments of it? Kathie
Old 12-24-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
I have a question for someone or everybody. I was given a New Home coffin top cabinet minus the top. Are all coffin tops the same size? I would like to have a top made for this cabinet. Does anyone have a coffin top and can tell me the measurments of it? Kathie
I have seen them for sale on Ebay, TXJan has a New Home with the top she can give you the measurements of hers it it is the same top. She posted a pic of her machine on this thread and you can see her top.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
Not all coffin tops are the same size. Can you post a picture of your machine? That way we can see if anyone has one like it. I have one that the hinges are on the right hand side. You should be a ble to see the hinge hardware on the top of your table.

Texas Jan
Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

It's another boy! Abram 7lbs 14 oz. C-section. 2:45 Christmas Eve. We are on our way out the door...
Old 12-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Congrats!!! The best Christmas gift of all!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:14 PM

Wow, what a busy Christmas you're having! Congratulations, and I'm glad little Wilbur has come through his surgery with flying colors.

Merry Christmas to everyone here in the VSMS. May your holidays be all that you wish for and bring you joy!