Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-14-2010, 02:55 PM

Thanks Charlee.Maybe I should just send my machines lol
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Nah! We can quilt together! You have to come with them!! :)
Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Hi Melody, I bought a Singer Touch n' Sew in 1970 or maybe 1971 when I had my first daughter. In 1975 I was given a Bernina 830 (not to be confused with the current Bernina 830 :shock: ). Don't remember whatever happened to my Touch n' Sew though. Never thought it would be vintage someday... a little short sighted I guess. :roll: :roll:
I too bought mine in about 1971, I gave it away after I bent the shaft LOL. Cabinet and all. I really did not like mine, it was always making a mess of the thread in the bobbin area, even after having the Singer service guy out to fix it. He broke the screw head in half and left it that way. I was in my teens and it was the first sewing machine I bought (paid for myself, although my Dad co-signed the loan) and knew next to nothing about cleaning or oiling it.
I don't remember being too happy with the tension or something. Of course, Billy & Charlee weren't ready to help others out at that point anway. ;)
Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I just have to whine to someone who will understand. I bought a shed to put my vintage machines and extra stuff in since there is no room in my room for them. Of course we had a bad rainstorm here a while back and it leaked. Well I started tearing stuff out today and found out it looks like its been leaking for awhile. Both my vintage Vikings got soaking wet. The one was my old one that I bought new back in the late 70's the other was one my brother got off ebay for me. It was immaculate. Now the carrying case is a complete ruin and the machine is rusted and won't move and the books are mildewed. I am just sick. So I have decided that the vintage machines I do have need new homes some place with someone who has room to care for them. I am working on getting the Vikings moving again. Hopefully they both will. My 6370 is moving but it lost some more of its paint and the 6430 is rusted stiff. I just sprayed that one with oil to try and loosen it up. I worked so hard to get my 6370 running again and now this. I don't want anymore to be ruined. I moved my Kenmore in the house in the space where the treadle was just need to put the machine in the cabinet.
damaquilts, so sorry to here about the storage shed, wish I could be there to help. I am going into town on Monday to the dentist and will mail your long bobbin to you. Glenn
Old 05-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Terryl
Have you ever heard of a NECCHI machine? ...I wanted to check here before I "fell in love" with her.
Thanks,
TERRYL
Necchi the Ferrari of the sewing machine world!

It is a very expense and extremely nice machine to own. These are Italian machines and they are built with the precision of a Ferrari and were mainly found in the north eastern US. The reason being thats where most of the money was back in the day.

IMO you can not go wrong with one!!

Billy
My Dad had a Necchi, it is what I grew up with.... He must of had it since or before I was born in 1952. Where is it now??
One of the machines that I brought home from Seattle earlier this week is a Necchi with a compact desk. On both of them there is a badge saying they were Made in Italy. :-P :-P I hope to post pictures soon!

Dama, my heart goes out to you for your loss. I can imagine your pain. And, yes, we all understand how you must feel. DD just didn't understand.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Glenn thanks but no long bobbin here.mean to say. I think you have me confused with someone who needs a long bobbin. My treadle is living with someone else now:-)
Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Ok can I officially cry now? I just took the back off the motor section of the 6430 and found this...
I think if someone wants them with all their attachements etc I would just give them to them if they paid for shipping.
Thats how sick I feel right now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-41350.jpe   attachment-41351.jpe  
Old 05-14-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts
Glenn thanks but no long bobbin here.mean to say. I think you have me confused with someone who needs a long bobbin. My treadle is living with someone else now:-)
I am sorry got confused with another board member, just a senior moment :mrgreen: Glenn
Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 PM

:-) we all have them. Me at least 5 or 6 times a day. lol
Old 05-14-2010, 04:13 PM

I just posted pic of a Coffin top machine I bought today. I can't find any info about. Does anyone have a clue about these old sweet machines????