Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Oops! forgot the photos - luv2learn
OMG. I have that machine! not the cabinet.. it sits in kitchen waiting for more info. it does take the t-shirt plate. i love the looks of the machine. my son in law bought a house and it came with a 201 in cabinet, this white rotary and a domestic. i use the 201 a lot, but havent gotten around to cleaning and oiling the other two. summer will be better for that. i would b interested in any info you find on the machine.
buslady,

There is so much information to sort through it's almost overwhelming. I did find a white manual on this ISMAC site
http://www.ismacs.net/white/manuals/white-rotary.pdf. I am trying to decide if the working parts are the same even though it is a treadle. One of the other board members said she has the little t-shirt cover, but is trying to determine if the additional parts that attach it are the same. Good luck with yours and I also would be happy if you would share with me any info you find. luv2learn
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM

Oops! forgot the photos - luv2learn
Luv2learn, look at page 392. I have a White Rotary Black Crinkle Embossed machine exactly like yours!

Nancy
Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Nancy,
She's beautiful! Looks exactly like my Fiona! We do have a pair of lovely lassies!
Sharon
Yes, we do! I call mine 'Candy' because she came from Canada with a 240 Canadian motor!

Nancy
Old 02-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Anyone need/want a manual for Singer 15-91?
http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2191919108.html
Thanks...
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Hey Nancy,

Can you point me somewhere that I can get some info and find parts and a manual for my (new) old White Rotary? I'm hitting dead ends on everythig with her. Maybe that why most folks are sticking with the singer machines. They're easier to find out about. Any help from you or anyone else would be appreciated. Thanx guys and gals. Brenda (luv2learn)

I'm too disappointed right now, so I'm going to go to bed and maybe tomorrow will be more fruitful.
Luv2learn I am sorry, I have not been on line all day and you guys have like 8 pages for me to read -- Jeeze!

Look at this Web site for dating your White. When you pull up the site look for the heading "Serial Numbers/Dating List." You will be able to date your machine. http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession
Nancy
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Here's another interesting question for all the horizontal long bobbin owners out there.... I see old Singers, like the 27s... in treadles using the long bobbins.

What are the pros/cons on these machines? I only have room for one treadle in my house... should I get a 66 or a 201? Or should I consider an older long bobbin machine? Do they sew well? Can bobbins be found? Needles are regular size/easy to find?

I realize the 66's many times have red eyes, etc. And a Sphinx would be nice, but to actually use the machine for quilting and sewing... what advice would you tell me?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltDraggon
A question for you guys. A friend bought a treadle machine at an auction because he liked the way it looked. We were talking about it and I went to look at it. He said he would sell it to me for $120 which is what he paid. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer. It is in a very nice cabinet with a coffin top. There are no hinges(?) on one side and no key for the lock on the other side. Can these items be located? The cabinet is in great shape but the machine is a bit rough. The machine appears to run just fine. You push the treadle and it runs smooth. The decals on the other hand are basically gone. It appears that the middle decal on the base has been removed completely. You can see the outline of what it was but not one speck is remaining. There really isn't rust anywhere on the machine. I looked up the number on it and it appears to have been made in 1890. I'm attaching a couple of terrible pictures and the last one is NOT the machine but a picture I found that looks just like it. I'm not really looking at this to sew on but just wonder if it is worth the price.
The last picture of the machine that is not yours looks exactly like my Model 28! Is that what you have a model 28, which is a 3/4 size machine?

Nancy
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Honestly quilters are way more fun to hang out with and we do not mind helping each other out. Plus the way I look at it is that we are all family here and that is the way I like it!!!:thumbup:

Billy
Shame on them! Their loss!
...Is our gain! We really like having you 'around', Billy. Thank you for all your help, answered questions and expertise. We learn vicariously through you, and as a result... you've fired up a whole lot of us into salvaging/saving/restoring a lot of good, old machines.
I second this and want to add, Thank you for starting this Vintage Shop, for putting up with all of us, for helping all of us, for listening, and making it so much fun to come here and see what everyone else has found! Billy this is a great place to come and sit a spell, have a cup of coffee, tea, or cappaccino and just have fun! We all owe you for letting us in your house!

Nancy
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Here's another interesting question for all the horizontal long bobbin owners out there.... I see old Singers, like the 27s... in treadles using the long bobbins.

What are the pros/cons on these machines? I only have room for one treadle in my house... should I get a 66 or a 201? Or should I consider an older long bobbin machine? Do they sew well? Can bobbins be found? Needles are regular size/easy to find?

I realize the 66's many times have red eyes, etc. And a Sphinx would be nice, but to actually use the machine for quilting and sewing... what advice would you tell me?
Have one treadle; move different heads in and out. You can have them all that way!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 PM

wow, we are getting some weather here,too. schools have cancelled for tomorrow, and the county shut down so my buses wont run either. yippy skippy, i get to spend the day at home, maybe can play with my new, to me, machines! they say 10-12 inches and the wind is just crazy. AND I agree with Bojangles, thanks BILLY, you are great, evwryone on this board is.