Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by KellyK
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Some machines don't have a clutch knob (or stop motion screw) on the handwheel
Ok - so now that I know what it is called I can ask...

What do you do when the clutch knob no longer stops the handwheel when winding a bobbin. My Featherweight has done this for years. Now my 403 is starting to do it. What is the fix?
I have this problem with my 501A, anyone have ideas?
I'm not an expert but I was reading about this in Dave McCallum's book "The Featherweight 221 and I" (which I highly recommend :-D ).

He says to remove the balance wheel and clean everything. Then oil the shaft, the stop action screw and a drop on the shaft. He says that the oil that once was there isn't any more. It is a dry balance-wheel running on a dry main-shaft causing the balance wheel to get stuck. The book explains how to go about doing all of this plus it has really clear and easy to understand drawings to help "see" what you are doing.
Opps you beat me to it!:lol:

Billy
Old 02-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Here is another parlor cabinet to look at Billy. It is in Burlington, MA which wouldn't be too far from your friend in the Boston area.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/atq/2193687527.html
Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Here is another parlor cabinet to look at Billy. It is in Burlington, MA which wouldn't be too far from your friend in the Boston area.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/atq/2193687527.html
Oh my goodness!!! If that were here, I'd buy it in an instant. Hmmm Haven't moved into the new house, but I think I need an addition already. :idea:
Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
p

I have my machine will be in the house tomorrow 2/5 and I am excited to say the least. I would like to know if you sell bobbins and needles. I will also need a belt could use your advice on where to get this or would you have any for sale.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by p
I have my machine will be in the house tomorrow 2/5 and I am excited to say the least. I would like to know if you sell bobbins and needles. I will also need a belt could use your advice on where to get this or would you have any for sale.
You might want to send a PM to whomever you are addressing.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 PM

It came! It came! My Singer 201-2 sewing machine is finally here. It's black and shiny, and weight 40 lbs, and it was all in one piece, and I got a bunch of goodies with it, and it fits in the cabnet the 15-91 Singer was in ( the one that had major electric issues but thats okay because I only paid $20 for it and I will get it fixed later), and sews PERFECT seams, and its the quiest machine I have ever heard and...................oh sorry I had to take a breath finally. Now I just need to get that free motion quilting attatchment foot and I can finally quilt all of the quilt tops that I have been making. I have four tops ready to quilt. I'm so excited. I tend to name all of sewing machines once they show me their personalitys, but DH just wants to name it "Last one", as in this is the last one I am going to buy, ever. Isn't he silly?

Kathy
Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
p

How do I get in touch with Billy? I have questions. Thank you.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:36 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_pr...p?usernum=8782 You can PM him through here.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Up North
PM sent.

Thanks a million Donna!!! :thumbup:

Billy
Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 PM

LOL you are welcome Billy I might not post much but I am here everyday!! I come for the coffee and deserts!! LOL NAH I have a couple vintage machines myself!