Quirky Habits

Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 PM

qUIRKS? REALLY?
I know I have oodles and oodles of them! Can't think what they are! Well I do the check the iron to see that it is shut off before I go to bed or leave the house. The funny thing is, it has automatic shut off! ROFL!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
LOL, qu Nonie! I'm reading this thread backwards, now that I have replied and I keep giggling at things, but dh makes this noise sometimes when he eats and he doesn't know what I am talking about.
I mostly tune it out bc he isn't doing it on purpose, but who would know these things but a spouse?
Sometimes when i am antsy I don't like to hear ice !klink! in a glass
I NEVER like to hear ice clinking in a glass. And the sound of people chewing ice (or walking in crunchy snow) makes my teeth itch & nearly drives me to distraction!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 PM

Don't we all do that?
btw...there's no such thing as a gruffalo
My DH works evenings & I have to have a light (just a little one, but a light still) on in every room of the house.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 AM

really? you really want me to list them?...
quirky is my other name, lol...let's see...they come so naturally to me, they don't stand out...hmmm...
I do make sure all canned goods have labels facing out and I rotate by age. (smart and healthy)
I have to always pull the shower curtain closed so the liner dries without mold and makes the b room look nicer.
I have to straighten the rug on hubby's side of the bed every time I walk by if it's crooked.
I hang laundry items in groups...socks with socks, etc.
I put silverware in the drainer in groups...forks with forks etc. (hey, it saves time when I put them away )
I always use t. p. to flush with. (germs! )
I always wipe the seat in a public restroom and/or use a liner if available. (self-preservation!)
LOL, dh and I have to kiss (those little quick ones for goodbye)...in a rhythm. I know it sounds funny, but he does it too!
....and many, many more!!!!!
Now I'lll add to your quirkiness............you use the tp to flush, then you go to the sink and turn on the faucet ------the same faucet that someone else used BEFORE they washed their hands.....then after you wash your hands, you turn off the faucet...........the same faucet you turned on before washing your hands!!! ROL.......okay -- now there's another of MY quirkies!!! I INSIST my bathroom faucets have to be one lever. That way I can turn the water OFF with my ARM.....not my clean hands!!!!! Think about it --- now you'll go EEEEUUUUU!!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
me too, some of those gals are no louder than a mouse burp. Do they have smaller noses or what?
On the contrary, I think they must have larger noses in order to accommodate the extra air flow. Larger sinus passages, anyway.

Last edited by b.zang; 07-16-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Missus Fear View Post
Yup! Silverware has to be in groups in the dishwasher for sure. My MIL used to put them away in the silverware drawer upside down! Dove me NUTS! Never said a word, just fixed them. How could anyone put them upside down PLEASE!
I'm guilty as charged! I put my silverware upside down in the rack. My reasoning: when I go to unload, I'm only touching the handles, not the part that people put in their mouths.

Calling all list makers! I make a list of everything I am going to do in a day. I'll even make a list after I start, listing everything including the things I've already done. That way I can cross them off! There's such a great feeling of crossing items off a list!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
I'm guilty as charged! I put my silverware upside down in the rack. My reasoning: when I go to unload, I'm only touching the handles, not the part that people put in their mouths.

Calling all list makers! I make a list of everything I am going to do in a day. I'll even make a list after I start, listing everything including the things I've already done. That way I can cross them off! There's such a great feeling of crossing items off a list!
I'm like you - I love to make a list so I can cross things off when I do them. I even do that in my quilt room listing quilts I want to make and notation HS (hand stitching) when I am at that point.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I'm like you - I love to make a list so I can cross things off when I do them. I even do that in my quilt room listing quilts I want to make and notation HS (hand stitching) when I am at that point.
I do that too with my quilts. Since the economy downturn, I've been working on quilts I've started or got all the material and pattern for. My list now is ordered by which quilt is closest to being finished, then downwards that way.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Quilting Nonnie;5369610]I'm guilty as charged! I put my silverware upside down in the rack. My reasoning: when I go to unload, I'm only touching the handles, not the part that people put in their mouths.

My silverware rack is on the door. It opens up and I can grab the handles.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 AM

This isn't really a "quirk" but one thing that makes me want to SCREAM, is seeing someone wipe hands on the kitchen towel, without washing those hands first! IT'S NOT A NAPKIN!!! Grosses me out! If it's my house, I admonish the person (child or adult) and change the towel. If it's someone else's house, I search out a paper towel or napkin, for when I wash my hands.

I load silverware upright, in the dishwasher. It seems to get cleaner that way . . . and I ALWAYS wash my hands, before unloading the dishwasher.

Just thought of another one. When we use plastic forks, spoons, knives, I always wash my hands, then reposition the "up" half of the utensils, so that all face downward in the box, with only the handles sticking up. That way, no one touches anyone else's eating surface (except for me, of course . . . but I know my hands were clean)!

Last edited by Neesie; 07-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.