Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: When a manager screws up, what do you do?

I was in a fabric store the other day and got a bunch of fabric (most were 1/4 yards). I went to use it yesterday and her cutting was so bad that I didn't get a full 1/4 yard on almost all of it.

I had also asked her where their birdseye cotton was and was told, "It's over by the other cotton at the end, if we have it. You might need to do a little searching, I don't always put things back where they're supposed to be." Needless to say, I didn't find it and asked her to show me to which she replied, "I don't have time to help you look for it, I'm busy."

This is not the first time I've had problems with her either cutting or attitude. I've talked to her but she just shrugs off complaints by saying, "I'm the manager, there's no one else to tell, deal with it." (Exact words I over heard her say to a different customer.)

I would shop other places but that's one of the only fabric stores within 30 miles of me.

Is there anyone I could contact to complain? Any suggestions on how to deal with her?

I would contact corporate (owner) and let them know. She is not helping the business any.

I would go to their website and contact them directly and inform them about your experiences they might not know how horrible she is until someone tells them everyone has a boss unless you own the store!

I agree...go over her head to the corporate office. She can't treat people like that!! Definately not people friendly!!!

get on their website and find the phone number and give them a call.....they will not be happy to hear about this manager. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and let them know exactly what problems you are having. They will fix it and fast. And tell them you want some of your money back for some of the wasted fabrics.

It's really sad when people who are in what should be a service oriented business, forget that if they don't provide good service they could be causing themselves and their business a big problem.

Yep someone's bread and butter is coming from that franchise. Call corporate and find out who. I would be quite interested in how my customers were being treated not to mention how my store was being run.

I know what you are talking about.. the same thing happened to me when I was looking for a chenille cutter... I am sure she was not the manager but still... service is gone, they just can not pay them enough to care or something. It is all over no mater what you are looking for, hard to find service. I get better "service" from the other ladies in the store. I can always spot a quilter, she is happy and will talk to you and share info that she has... Love all you guys!!

Blog Entries
    I would contact corporate office and complain to them

I just found a phone # and sent it to you by private message[/quote]

Wow!!! I've never heard such a thing! I would tell her this, "Yes, I'll deal with it-MY WAY" and promptly call the corporate office to register a formal complaint against the store and the manager. Make sure you get her name!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast