Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 110 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Blog Entries
    TwinRiverFarm, what is the name of that foot and where did you get it? Sounds like something I might need to try. I just love all the things, quilters on the board tell others about. Making a trip to Harbor Freight today.

Blog Entries
    It is actually called a stitch in the ditch foot! It has a guide blade between the toes that sits into the seam and helps part the fabric. The needle lines up with the back of the blade and sews right into the center. I have 2 Kenmore Ultra machines (from 1980) that I work to death. SewClassic.Com is terrific for getting parts to older machines, and I found it on there when I was looking for a darning foot for FMQ. About $14, fast shipping and great service.
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Blog Entries
    hi ladies,
    I am giving tam Moo a sneek peek of fabric, i have some ordered that has not coem in yet, but have some here, that i had, and after i make blocks i will give a sneek peek again,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    okay,pressed the 185 seams I did yesterday. Did sewing and pressing another 148 seams today. Tomorrow i can think about starting the appiique. now where did I put that bottle of Aleve?

Blog Entries
    You need me to mail some? I live on that stuff.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

alright sucking in my stomach here it goes.. I just use the foot that comes with the sewing machine. the straight stitch foot? there are others in that box but I dont ever know if I have changed them. will that make a difference with the stitch in the ditch? I havent taken any classes. yikes. I just put my machine on slow there are three speeds. If I put it on slow and watch close I am very close to stitching in the ditch most of the time. its tough and I have to pull things a bit if it gets full under the machine center arm? (dont know the name yikes) ok its a brother csi something another.. newer basic little machine. go ahead. tell me what that foot is called? I would like to do it better too.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Brat, pull our your owners manual (you know, the book that came with the machine?) There's a part in there describing the feet and naming them for your machine. Try each one on some pieces of fabric (we know you have that!) and see what they (the feet) do for you. Luck to you - and sharp needles.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    TwinRiverFarm, thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to buy the SITD foot. Now, just to figure out which machine I want to buy for, the 301 or 401? Maybe, both.

Lovngrandma, love your fabric, so many differ kinds of animals.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
    It is actually called a stitch in the ditch foot! It has a guide blade between the toes that sits into the seam and helps part the fabric. The needle lines up with the back of the blade and sews right into the center. I have 2 Kenmore Ultra machines (from 1980) that I work to death. SewClassic.Com is terrific for getting parts to older machines, and I found it on there when I was looking for a darning foot for FMQ. About $14, fast shipping and great service.
    Here is a pic of the Stitch in the Ditch foot for my Pfaff. They are not all the same but the concept is what TwinRiverFram explained.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Blog Entries
    Elizabrat, slow and steady is just the thing to do. Sometimes it means I get inches done at a time! And I'm sure you will be able to pick out every place I jump out of the ditch and wave hi. But I like the feed dogs controlling the stitch length instead of me, and I seem to have less problems with bottom tension and skipped stitches. Hey, anything is better than ripping out an entire quilt because of eyelashes (ask me how I know, go ahead!).
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Page 41 of 110 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast