Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 PM

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/atq/2163746145.html

Found this on cl. Called and lady says the model # is 15334812, she thinks. Would this be something worth looking into for this amount?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23

Found this on cl. Called and lady says the model # is 15334812, she thinks. Would this be something worth looking into for this amount?
I'd let it go. The head is also in poor shape. Too much money for the shape it is in.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:13 PM

I don't know what model that is, but it looks cool to me and the cabinet is beautiful. Are you interested in fixing up the machine? Looks like a bit of rust on it, but if it's close to you, I'd sure check it out!!
Gee, Tomilu, I couldn't see it that well. You have a better eye than I. I'd still go check it out if it's close enough.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:14 PM

I picked up a Singer 329K in a cabinet today at a thrift store for $20. Haven't worked with it much yet.
Also picked up a Riccar from a lady who said it didn't work. Supposedly she was working on a wedding dress-that machine has not been sewn on for quite a while. Anyway, I gave her an old Montgomery Wards that is not the quality of the one she didn't want. Go figure.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I did purchase the Davis NVF machine The serial number is 2746650.
Photos of attachments:
See that little button above your tension disk? I bet if you try sewing and push that button your machine goes in reverse! Trish just told me that! Unfortunately, my Davis is older than either Trish's or Randa's so my VF does not have that reverse feature -- I think both of theirs do go in reverse! So will yours! You are so lucky!
Nancy
Vintagemotif, Great machine hope you have fun with her.
Nancy, my machine does not have that little button for reverse. I just saw that in a manual. So I still think my Davis FV is as old as yours.
I have been sewing with my NVF all afternoon and the reverse doesn't work...more like a sew in place button. LOL! Oh, well. It needed some tension attention, but after a few rows, I got it worked out and it runs great! Even with the old belt! Just needed some oil....a lot of oil!! She was dry!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Vintagemotif, Great machine hope you have fun with her.
Nancy, my machine does not have that little button for reverse. I just saw that in a manual. So I still think my Davis FV is as old as yours.
Well that explains why I felt I lost something. I thought we had figured out that both our machines are pre 1900.

I don't know when reverse started showing up on treadles? My 1939 Model 15-88 treadle does have a reverse. Then I also have a 1935 FW with reverse and a 1931 White with reverse.

Miz Johnny how old is your oldest machine with a reverse? Do any of you have a reverse on a machine prior to 1930?

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by burnsk
Don't know if you mean the thread tension or guide. Please post picture. And I'm sure Billy could help you with this. Talking about Billy, where is our leader of the band?
Can't swear to it, but after chatting with Billy on another thread, he may be out of town for a few days. I'll bet he's got a computer with him and you'll hear from him soon.
He is here just busy as they come!! I have been playing catch up from the winter break and I have been dropping in here and there but I havent been posting. But I will be around a little more I promise!!

Ask me about the Lime Green Singer 27 I am doing for a member on this board............ :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by cvardiman
Hello, My name is Catharina,

I am an immigrant from the Netherlands.

I own an old Singer threadle machine and would like to find out if there is a place where I can buy parts.

Any assist welcome.

Thank you very much.

Catharina :-D
Catharina, Billy who runs this shop sells Singer parts. You should send him a private message asking him for the parts you need. Also, if you do a google of the Singer parts you will find they are pretty readily available all over. That is what is so nice about having the old Singers. Most parts are still available if you just do a search. E-bay has lots of Singer parts.

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23

That cabinet looks to be in pretty good shape, and the Model 27 Singer looks complete. They are only asking $75, which means you could probably get the whole thing for less. I'd give it a go!

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by misseva
I hope he's in the shop giving the spa treatment to my machine.
It is torn down and fixing to take a dip in the spa. I was working on a Western Electric and another National today and was waiting for the rain to pass before I did the spa treatment.

Billy