Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM

For Casi...Sorry---the web url was for the product when it was on sale--so here is the page with a video for you to see the program explained. http://www.dzgns.com/shopping_cart/i...oducts_id=1315 I saw that it is $5 more than when I bought it on sale. They mailed me a CD for installing myself. No problem.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanks so much Mermaid for the info. I may just have to put the Thumbnailer on my wish list.....can't spend the money for that right now. As I mentioned before, I downloaded a free program, SEU....Stitch Era Universal, it is a Sierra program that I guess they are trying out and offering free. It does all kinds of stuff but is very complicated and like you said about the redmugs, you have to open the program each time. I will use it for now, I guess. So, to go thru the designs on the CD that I have I have to open each one to see what it is and then I can save it to my folder.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
Your towels are adorable.

Just curious, did you wash them first?
cmw0829,
Thank you for the compliment. Yes I did wash them first then ironed them. These waffle type towels will shrink as well as any fabric. They are a pain to iron but once its done the embroidery comes out perfect!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Banned

I made the mistake of putting some embroidery on waffle weave towels
and did NOT wash and iron them before hand.

This was before I had bought some waffle weaver to use in my kitchen
hubs HATED those towels he started tossing them into the "rag" box
each time he pulled one out.
Personally I love them as long as they are not washed and "crinkled up"
LOL.

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
cmw0829,
Thank you for the compliment. Yes I did wash them first then ironed them. These waffle type towels will shrink as well as any fabric. They are a pain to iron but once its done the embroidery comes out perfect!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 AM

The stitch ERA Universal is a digitizing program. You can enlarge, delete, etc. It has a great learning curve, but I have time till I die. I use it more and more, but have a long way to go. It is not a trial. I got the CD version for $14.99 shipping. Best money I spent so far. They also have the version Liberty, but that one you have to purchase. The freebie does fine for me.

Originally Posted by Casi View Post
Thanks so much Mermaid for the info. I may just have to put the Thumbnailer on my wish list.....can't spend the money for that right now. As I mentioned before, I downloaded a free program, SEU....Stitch Era Universal, it is a Sierra program that I guess they are trying out and offering free. It does all kinds of stuff but is very complicated and like you said about the redmugs, you have to open the program each time. I will use it for now, I guess. So, to go thru the designs on the CD that I have I have to open each one to see what it is and then I can save it to my folder.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:38 AM

Mermaid, sorry to keep bugging you....I got the download from Tuckers. I can refer to her index which she will keep on her Yahoo group, so at least I will know what the design is supposed to be and I can see their finished size. The problem is I can't tell which ones are in my format. Any ideas? I can't see that it tells me when I open it up in the SEU.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Casi View Post
Mermaid, sorry to keep bugging you....I got the download from Tuckers. I can refer to her index which she will keep on her Yahoo group, so at least I will know what the design is supposed to be and I can see their finished size. The problem is I can't tell which ones are in my format. Any ideas? I can't see that it tells me when I open it up in the SEU.
Can you R-click on the design icon..in the box that comes up is "properties" on the bottom...L-click on that and get your info. It will say .pes, etc...or whatever the format is. I usually note if the pes file is the 4th display or 5th or etc. Then the next design icon I will start w/that one in the sequence (cking properties) I do not save the files I don't use. I will copy or move to an emb folder I've created/named the pes files. If you want to save the remaining formats, then leave them in the orig. folder. I like to delete all but one copy (I save jef) and put those in another folder for ''just in case''..cause I can convert them to pes if my orig somehow gets lost or corrupted. With me??
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 AM

Hurrray!!!!! That worked!!! It will take me awhile but I will be able to sift thru these!!!! Thanks so much!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM

Okay, now it won't let me delete the files from the original download. I did make a CD of the original download. I thought I could play with the one that was on my hard drive. Now what?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM

You are talking about the ''Tucker's..."? I didn't get those cause they looked like for kids, mostly. Did your download install to your hard drive? If so, then it's an uninstall. But you should be able to delete the original folder you downloaded --after you took the pes files from it. Hmmm???