Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-17-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Thought you all might like to see how my GFs and I are spending the first night of a long weekend!!
Awesome!!! Wait, let me pull up a chair....
Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Hello Everyone - I have taken the plunge and bought my first vintage machine. 'Rachel' will be here next week. She is a vintage White Rotary and her case is pretty stunning.
But I wanted your opinion on another little orphan that is lurking at my door. Ms Ruby is looking for a new home. Check out her photos. Her dad is asking $80 and I have a gut feeling that she is worth every penny. She works perfectly he says but she appears to be a little neglected. Any opinions are greatly appreciated before I commit to traveling 3 hours to rescue her.

Rachel will be here next Tuesday.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171119[/ATTACH]

Ms Ruby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171161[/ATTACH]

Interior and it has all attachments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171162[/ATTACH]

Closed cabinet in very good condition he says.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171163[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171114.jpe   attachment-171156.jpe   attachment-171157.jpe   attachment-171158.jpe  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by goosepoint
Hello Everyone - I have taken the plunge and bought my first vintage machine. 'Rachel' will be here next week. She is a vintage White Rotary and her case is pretty stunning.
But I wanted your opinion on another little orphan that is lurking at my door. Ms Ruby is looking for a new home. Check out her photos. Her dad is asking $80 and I have a gut feeling that she is worth every penny. She works perfectly he says but she appears to be a little neglected. Any opinions are greatly appreciated before I commit to traveling 3 hours to rescue her.
In my area that would be a cheap parlor cabinet and sewing machine. I would give Ruby a home. Glenn
Old 03-17-2011, 06:12 PM

Thought you all might like to see how my GFs and I are spending the first night of a long weekend!!
You ladies are really having a good time there. Would love to be there with you playing with those machines. It is great fun. Enjoy your weekend ladies. Glenn
Old 03-17-2011, 06:13 PM

My kind of people!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by goosepoint
That would be me! Don't know anything about "Rachel" but she is sure pretty! That would be me traveling 3 hours to rescue her!!! I really need to get a life. :?:
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Your Ms Ruby will be a beauty when she's cleaned up. I hope my Ms Ruby looks as good, though mine is not a parlor cabinet.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:46 PM

I have a stupid question = is a 'parlor' cabinet not necessary a good thing? I am use to seeing the beautiful traditonal cabinets with the drawers and one of these days I will acquire one. I am assuming that the parlor cabinet was favored because it was not obvious that it was a sewing machine. Would someone educate me a little please? I kind of like it not being quite so obvious.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
Question...Do those of you who have a 66 set the thread spool on the top pin with the thread coming from the back of the spool or from the front of the spool? Then it goes to the left toward the little hook.
Mine seems to come across the front of the spool, but there's no rhyme or reason to it...
Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

How fun! I want to be in your GF group!