Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by Glenn
My 15K Treadle is officially restored and functional! It sews very nice stitches.
Very nice restoration on the machine and the cabinet. You did a good job.
Glenn
Thanks Glenn, that means a lot, coming from one of the experts. Putting her back together was touch and go, but I did it! DH took it apart while I read him the Tutorials on here. From there I was on my own.
You are most welcome. Glenn
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

WAAAAAAH. WHINE. SNIFFLE. I am suppose to be working extra all week for 2 jobs. I have poison ivy rash REALLY bad. I have a 'new' machine I could actually sew on, one machine that needs tlc to trick it out, a million and one sewing projects cluttering up my sewing room, a million and one things in my head to try to do, a nasty creepy house to clean up, grand kids to play with, etc, etc, etc... and all I do is itch. itch. shower. itch. ooze. itch. sting. ooze. change clothes. ooze. ooze. shower. change the sheets. itch. sting. ooze. change clothes. touch and ooze. I look ready for Halloween. DG (age 4) asked me if I was melting. AND DH has one little tiny poison ivy bump. Everybody else takes Benedryl and sleeps. Not me - I get wired. My mom told me once there was some kind of centennial celebration when her and her 5 brothers and sisters sat on the ground at a park. They all got poison ivy all over their butts. I think I'm going to get a goat to eat that ivy off the fence. Thanks for listening to me vent - I gotta go hang some more sheets.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM

Oh Miriam, I am SO sorry that you're dealing with that!! Feel better FAST!!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM

miriam,
DH said to tell you that if you get some Jewel Weed also known as touch me not is good for the ivy. It will clear it right up. But, don't know if you have it growing in your area. It grows in a low lying moist area. If you have the jewel weed in your location break the stem and put the jelly substance on the poision oak or ivy and it will go away.
We have it in WV.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM

I have looked at all the new machines on here and they are just beautiful.

Here are two machines we got this week.
The first one is a Davis it didn't have a date but the serial # is 2751431. The 2nd one DH got because he likes fiddle base machines. It is a Singer VS2 dated 1889. This machine is sitting on our new Singer Red Eye. Haven't taken a pic of it yet.

Davis
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236039[/ATTACH]

all the jewerly
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236042[/ATTACH]

VS2 Fiddle Base 1889
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236043[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236033.jpe   attachment-236034.jpe   attachment-236035.jpe   attachment-236036.jpe   attachment-236037.jpe  

Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM

My 15K Treadle is officially restored and functional! It sews very nice stitches.
You did a beautiful job. Kathie
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Ok Kathie, what do you mean by you ". . . . . have two more coming in a few years. . . . ." What two more and why a few more years?

First Nancy I want pictures of your new machines. One of the machines is a Singer that takes cams. Not sure of what model. It belongs to my beloved Aunt and I will get it when she is gone. The second is a 1958 Pfaff. It belongs to my mother
and it will be mine also when she is gone. Kathie.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
miriam,
DH said to tell you that if you get some Jewel Weed also known as touch me not is good for the ivy. It will clear it right up. But, don't know if you have it growing in your area. It grows in a low lying moist area. If you have the jewel weed in your location break the stem and put the jelly substance on the poision oak or ivy and it will go away.
We have it in WV.
a friend of mine made some jewel weed soap - it soothes it but it isn't gone - not by any stretch. Just when I think it has quit oozing it oozes. Why does it all itch at once? If it stings, it all stings at the same time. Head to ankle. Go figure.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM

DH said the soap doesn't work as good and the jelly from the weeds stem. If you could get ahold of some of that he thinks it would help you.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Miriam,try the Benadryl spray in the pump can. It really relieves the pain and itch and then you won't scratch and ooze so much. I know salt water (ocean) really gets rid of it in a day or two but since you're not near one maybe a salty bath?? Hope it helps.