Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 PM

OK here we go again trying to get photo here.Bought this
Singer machine serial # starts AJ -records lost according to Singer but I thought someone here would know the model. Needs a bobbin case and cover for bobbin area.
It has electric :Champion motor on back with a knee controller and it came in cabinet that needs work but not broken. Will try pic now.

Not working where I can get that one photo to be here sorry
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Buslady, what is the pink machine in the Photo shop? Is it a VS2?

Nancy
It is an industrial from about 1896. Couldnt find any more info. Found it in a barn up north. Very rusty, used wire wheel on most of it, machine and irons. Just cleaned and poly on the wood. I have the original wooden pitman, but is missing a small chunk of wood on one end, so not sure what i'll do with that. Color is raspberry. I just love the table. DH figured out how the leaf worked and we got it working like new.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
DH said the soap doesn't work as good and the jelly from the weeds stem. If you could get ahold of some of that he thinks it would help you.
Jewel weed usually grows near the poison ivy. At least it does here.

Mirriam - so sorry to hear that your poison ivy has gotten worse! It has hung on for a long time - is it bad enough to see a dr?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
OK here we go again trying to get photo here.Bought this
Singer machine serial # starts AJ -records lost according to Singer but I thought someone here would know the model. Needs a bobbin case and cover for bobbin area.
It has electric :Champion motor on back with a knee controller and it came in cabinet that needs work but not broken. Will try pic now.

Not working where I can get that one photo to be here sorry
When you "reply" to any thread and it goes to the "reply" box, look just below that box and you will see a place that says "choose file"
--click on that
--it will bring you to the place where you store your pics in your computer
--highlight whichever picture you want to post in your reply
--then click 'choose'
--this will bring you back to your reply
--your picture file will be next to the top "choose file" button
--you can add a description of your pic in the white rectangular box next to the "choose file" button.
--you can post 3 pictures in your original reply....if you want to have more than 3 pictures in your post you will have to post your reply first and then add them using the "add new attachment" link that will be right under your post

---most important....don't click the Preview button to your reply because your pictures will not show up in your reply

Hope this is all clearer than mud :mrgreen:
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
My 15K Treadle is officially restored and functional! It sews very nice stitches.
Gorgeous!!! Did you strip the cabinet or did you use something like Restore-a-Finish on it?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Forgot to mark the VSMS Pics page. Can someone give me the topic I'm looking for?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter
Here is my "The Free" sewing machine and cabinet before and after. The cabinet had some dark stain running down it so I stripped it and need to sand and restain it. It must have at least 4 differant wood veneers on it. I have to do some veneer repair on the drawers.
Judy
I love the peacock decals on the Free machines. You did a nice job on that one.

I keep seeing everyone's cleaned up machines and am jealous. I have 2 I'm at the kerosene cleaning stage on, but it's
supposed to be above 110 here for the next week at least. I'm going stir crazy--I want to go outside and work on mine to make them as pretty! :(
I'm feeling your pain, Bennet. I'm in Houston and it's VERY hot here, too. I've had to move my cleaning inside and have found isopropyl alcohol, 91%, is cleaning as effectively as kerosene. And it doesn't smell nearly as bad as the kerosene, IMHO. I like that it evaporates quickly and leaves no film or residue to be removed. Maybe it would keep you from going stir crazy? Jan
Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Miriam, I am so sorry you're having such a terrible time with the poison ivy. I've found a product called "Ivy Rid" that helped me. It's a clear lotion that dries up the ooze pretty quickly and stops the vicious itching cycle. I never had a problem with poison ivy, probably could have sat in it, then all of a sudden I am very susceptible to it. Hope this helps you.

Jan
Old 08-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Well, following Cathy's excellent directions I'm going to try again to post a picture of my pretty little Frister & Rossman hand crank.
Hope this works (fingers crossed)!

Jan

My Sophie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236065[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236059.jpe  
Old 08-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Wow!! It worked! Thanks so much, Cathy!

Jan