Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 AM

Does anyone know if the rubber washer for bobbin winding on the 15-91 is still available? The one on the machine is shot, and appears to be the original. It is crumbly on the outer edge so I can't get a start on winding the bobbin. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Helloo, I was catching up on my reading here and obsessing about gong to the thrift store at lunchtime.

Soooo.... 30 minutes into my lunch, I took off to the thrift store. Took a stroll to the back section, wandered around and there it was ..on the floor.....the LITTLE BLACK CASE!!!

I opened it... giggled..shut the case and started off to the cash. On my way a gentleman asked what was in the case. I proudly stated "a featherweight sewing machine" WOOHOO!!

He said he had never seen anyone so happy to sew before.

I love you guys and will post pix tonight...it is so cute and was only $69.99!!

Those babies start at $250.00 around here!!
Wow!!! Great find!! SCORE!!! :-) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
So if Billy doesn't have a part we are looking for, like my darning plate, are there reputable part shops, online, that we can get replacements? I want something that I can cover the feed dogs with on my 66.
Try Sew-Classic.com. I have been buying stuff from them for my 66 and other machines. Good prices and really fast ship. I am not affiliated with them, just a really happy customer!.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
Does anyone know if the rubber washer for bobbin winding on the 15-91 is still available? The one on the machine is shot, and appears to be the original. It is crumbly on the outer edge so I can't get a start on winding the bobbin. Thanks.
Yep....available all over the place...it's a standard size.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
Yep....available all over the place...it's a standard size.
$.45 @ Sew-Classic.com

I've got a few things there myself - even found a finger needle guard I was looking for to help protect my GD fingers when she's making her pillows!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
So if Billy doesn't have a part we are looking for, like my darning plate, are there reputable part shops, online, that we can get replacements? I want something that I can cover the feed dogs with on my 66.
Try Sew-Classic.com. I have been buying stuff from them for my 66 and other machines. Good prices and really fast ship. I am not affiliated with them, just a really happy customer!.
Super thanks! I always check with Billy first. As soon as I need bobbins, I know where to go! He still has several. Thanks again!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Here is my new 221k-May 16, 1951
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239064.jpe  
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM

I just have to brag on my daughter's boyfriend. He got a job (that's good news unto itself) at a pawn shop.

In May I ended up giving my daughter her featherweight early (it was supposed to be for Christmas) because the boyfriend was trying to buy my daughter a sewing machine. I guess the boyfriend is now educated on featherweights because when a man came into the pawn shop this weekend wanting to pawn a featherweight, the boyfriend jumped on that right away.

The pawn shop wouldn't take the machine in so the boyfriend bought it himself for $40. It's a one owner machine and has the book and all the attachments with it.

I don't know if this boyfriend is husband-material or not but he just won points from me.

My repair person is offering a class on how to clean and service these machines so I'm going to use the new machine in class and my daughter ends up getting her machine cleaned for free!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 PM

Hey, guys who do vintage electrics: I need to do some rewiring because I had to remove one of the new 15-91's from a case to put it in a case (just no room!). So I need to do a bit of rewiring and was wondering if we should just use lamp cord or go online and order wire specially. I *think* I've got all the plugs and parts for that, but I am missing one long screw and tiny little washer, and I do need to order bobbin winder rings anyway..so order special cord or use lamp cord?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:28 PM

congrats :) still looking for mine
Originally Posted by justtrish
Helloo, I was catching up on my reading here and obsessing about gong to the thrift store at lunchtime.

Soooo.... 30 minutes into my lunch, I took off to the thrift store. Took a stroll to the back section, wandered around and there it was ..on the floor.....the LITTLE BLACK CASE!!!

I opened it... giggled..shut the case and started off to the cash. On my way a gentleman asked what was in the case. I proudly stated "a featherweight sewing machine" WOOHOO!!

He said he had never seen anyone so happy to sew before.

I love you guys and will post pix tonight...it is so cute and was only $69.99!!

Those babies start at $250.00 around here!!