Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-01-2010, 09:31 AM

Dunster just wondering....have you been playing around with any glue lately or maybe some aerosol petro products? LOL.

It definately looks like a duck to me too!

I'm sure that it will look pretty spiffy once your done. Would love to see the before and after pictures.

Judy
Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Looks like a chick to me :lol:
Old 07-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Kas

Looks more like a dove to me.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM

quack quack
Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 AM

I have the treddle machine that my mom taught me to sew on almost 50 years ago and I would like to get it going again. The belt is broken and I think that is really all it needs and to be cleaned good. How do you go about cleaning one and where would I get a belt?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by squilter
I have the treddle machine that my mom taught me to sew on almost 50 years ago and I would like to get it going again. The belt is broken and I think that is really all it needs and to be cleaned good. How do you go about cleaning one and where would I get a belt?

Well welcome to the shop. Billy should be back shortly. But if you look in the tutorial section he has made some really great ones to get you started. And don't be afraid, it is easy. I bought my belt on ebay. There are lots of them available there. I choose the one with free shipping.

Don't forget to post pictures for us. We love that.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 PM

H Squilter,

Billy has posted several tutorials on the Quilting Board which may answer many of your questions about cleaning your sewing machine. They are located the Tutorial link. (Go to Home then click on the Tutorial link).

Here is the link to Part 1:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45816-1.htm

Part 2:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45983-1.htm

Part 3:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-46696-1.htm

You can try a local sewing repair shop or ebay for a belt.

Let us know if you need more information and I am sure many will be able to help you.

Judy
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by squilter

Hello and welcome to the shop!!! I see that they have steered you to the tutorials that should really help you with the cleaning of the machine and like stated earlier eBay or your local sewing machine repair shop will have the belt. Make sure it is a 72" belt so you will have some to cut off and as you us it it will want to stretch a bit and start slipping and all you do is just shorten it.

When you do put the belt on just make it loose enough to where it will almost slip but not. That way you will not hurt the bushings in the machine that the shaft ride on.

Billy
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM

I just got back from Texas and while there I got to see a sewing machine I just know you all will appreciate. It's in a great cabinet with chair and the machine looks like it's in great shape and comes with everything. I'd love to know as much about this machine as any of you can provide. Thanks in advance! I know the lady who owns this beauty and I met the lady she got it from. She got it from her mother. I wanted to ask a ton more questions, but got sidetracked.

Isn't she beautiful? What is she?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84274[/ATTACH]

Cabinet in great shape, has some wear and scratches, but can be rubbed out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84275[/ATTACH]

she uses cams
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84276[/ATTACH]

machine in cabinet showing foot control
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84277[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84269.jpe   attachment-84270.jpe   attachment-84271.jpe   attachment-84272.jpe  
Old 07-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I just got back from Texas and while there I got to see a sewing machine I just know you all will appreciate. It's in a great cabinet with chair and the machine looks like it's in great shape and comes with everything. I'd love to know as much about this machine as any of you can provide. Thanks in advance!
Lets see some photos Doug, we likes them you know!! Glad to here you had a great trip and made it home safely. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy