Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-07-2010, 07:46 PM

Yes it says some are in the drawers. I have a number to call on it and will tomorrow. It is late now. Thanks .. will keep you posted :)
Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Singer Red Eye: anyone have one? I found one for $45 and it's a treadle WITHOUT the foot pedal, iron sides, any attachments or a manual. Basically it comes with just the body. So far, I haven't had to piece one together. Just wonderin' if it is worth it?
:?: :?: :?:
I see more bases without machines than I do machines without bases...$45 seems a bit high tho, considering that you have no way to operate it....I'd offer $25, IF the decals are in good shape...and then I'd put a handwheel on it! ;) (I want a handcrank!!)
Old 05-07-2010, 08:01 PM

That's a pretty machine Sharon...the decals look good and the cabinet looks to be in good shape. I'd offer $50, hope they settled for $75, and pay the $100 if I really had to! ;)
Old 05-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Singer Red Eye: anyone have one? I found one for $45 and it's a treadle WITHOUT the foot pedal, iron sides, any attachments or a manual. Basically it comes with just the body. So far, I haven't had to piece one together. Just wonderin' if it is worth it?
:?: :?: :?:
I see more bases without machines than I do machines without bases...$45 seems a bit high tho, considering that you have no way to operate it....I'd offer $25, IF the decals are in good shape...and then I'd put a handwheel on it! ;) (I want a handcrank!!)
Thanks Charlee, the decals on one side look pretty worn. I am thinkin' I don't think I want to fuss with this one. The guy gave me a corny reply stating that he gave the parts/accessories to a friend at work. Huh? And that he sold the base for decorative items for some other purpose. I sorta stopped listening to him after a bit. But, thanks. Maybe I will find an intact Redeye one of these days.

:thumbup:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Can you tell me of the Singer 99, I can buy one in a table (electric) for 100.00.
Thanks,
Sharon
It hard to come by cabinets for the 99 since it is a 3/4 machine, I say go for it but like Charlee stated offer them less and go up from there.

Billy
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

Thanks Charlee, the decals on one side look pretty worn. I am thinkin' I don't think I want to fuss with this one. The guy gave me a corny reply stating that he gave the parts/accessories to a friend at work. Huh? And that he sold the base for decorative items for some other purpose. I sorta stopped listening to him after a bit. But, thanks. Maybe I will find an intact Redeye one of these days.

:thumbup:
There were millions of the Red Eyes made so the chances of finding one complete in good shape is good! I paid $50 for mine and its almost in mint condition.

I would hold out for a nicer one or offer him $15 or so for it as a parts machine.

Billy
Old 05-07-2010, 08:54 PM

Hey Billy...whatever happened on that Featherweigh in the oval cabinet?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned

Hey Billy...whatever happened on that Featherweigh in the oval cabinet?
I never saw the thing. The gentleman that had the table said he had a buyer for it and would let me know if it sold or not and I have not heard back from him.

I need to call him and see whats up with it.

Billy
Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 PM

That's a pretty machine Sharon...the decals look good and the cabinet looks to be in good shape. I'd offer $50, hope they settled for $75, and pay the $100 if I really had to! ;)
Thanks Charlee.. I will see of it tomorrow :) Gosh I am still looking at sewing machines! lol time for bed.. PAST heheheheh
Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 AM

Was at our Giant Flea Market today and there was an old Singer treadle leather sewing machine, # 26-4, in cabinet for $175.00. From what I could tell, other than dirty, no belt, it just needed a good cleaning.
Told DH if I had the money, I would buy it just cuz it was neat.

Guy said someone told him it was from the 1880-1900's. I think I will look it up. Geesh, I didn't think to get the serial number. Maybe I will go back tom. and get it.