Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I ordered a new reproduction hand crank and it arrived today.
I have an original also, the craftmanship quality of the new one is rather crude when compared to the Singer
part that came with my Singer 201K-4. I like using a treadle machine much better, but my granddaughters liked
using the handcrank much better.
Sharon W.
Sharon, the HC I put on my 15-88 I got from Billy! I like mine much better, it doesn't have the Japanese writing on it! Your HC looks good, but I think I will stick with Billy's HC's. Thanks for showing us - this is how we learn!

Nancy
Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Sharon, the HC I put on my 15-88 I got from Billy! I like mine much better, it doesn't have the Japanese writing on it! Your HC looks good, but I think I will stick with Billy's HC's. Thanks for showing us - this is how we learn!
Nancy
I pretty much have to be happy with what I got, too bad the Chinese made hand crank isn't better quality; at least it works well. I did have to tighten some of the screws, thought. I think its intersting its got Chinese writing on it too. :lol:
Sharon
Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM

I pretty much have to be happy with what I got, too bad the Chinese made hand crank isn't better quality, at least it works well. I think its intersting its got Chinese writing on it too. :lol:
Sharon
You know it is kinda cool looking. It would look really good if you put that HC with the Chinese writing on a Japanese clone machine!

Nancy
Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Here is a Necchi Supernova on CL in KS
http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2195605114.html
I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova. My mom's machine wasn't green though; it was beige color. I remember the attachment box and wondering what they were used for. Sadly, my mom never let me use the attachments or show me how they worked. I think she only used them a couple of times. Most of the time she was busy sewing the latest Vogue dress so that she could wear it to a party. She made me a beautiful navy blue wool winter coat with that machine. Well, she gave that machine to a friend of hers that was in need of a sewing machine when she purchased her Bernina 830. The Necchi Supernovas are wonderful machines!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I ordered a new reproduction hand crank and it arrived today.
I have an original also, the craftmanship quality of the new one is rather crude when compared to the Singer
part that came with my Singer 201K-4. I like using a treadle machine much better, but my granddaughters liked
using the handcrank much better.
Sharon W.

Nancy
As soon as billy can find me a spoked handwheel I will get one of his HC to convert me old redeye since it does not have irons. Glenn
Old 02-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova. My mom's machine wasn't green though; it was beige color. I remember the attachment box and wondering what they were used for. Sadly, my mom never let me use the attachments or show me how they worked. . . .
Sounds like a good reason to find one for yourself. (I did.)
Old 02-03-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova. My mom's machine wasn't green though; it was beige color. I remember the attachment box and wondering what they were used for. Sadly, my mom never let me use the attachments or show me how they worked. . . .
Sounds like a good reason to find one for yourself. (I did.)
Yes, One day I will! The Bernina 830 will go to my daughter who loves to design and sew her own clothes. The machines find us; so, one day a Necchi Supernova will be mine.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:23 PM

The machines find us; so, one day a Necchi Supernova will be mine.
Ah... here's hoping that a 201 treadle or a 201K or both, 'find' me. I'm a-waiting! lol
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Hello! I am new to this forum and would not register until I had read the entire thread. Yes, every page. I have always loved old sewing machines, so I am glad to see that I am not alone in the world. I got my great grandmother's treadle when I was 14 back in 1976, and made it work then, and have continued to find new prizes regularly. I have enjoyed learning about other machines, and am looking forward to learning more.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Welcome Melinda1962,
We're all kindred spirits here. I love both old and some of the newer machines. They are such fun toys.
Sharon W.