Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

    Old 02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
      #9581  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Huntsville, AL
    Posts: 2,609
    Default

    Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Originally Posted by Glenn
    Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Originally Posted by purplefiend
    I ordered a new reproduction hand crank and it arrived today.
    I have an original also, the craftmanship quality of the new one is rather crude when compared to the Singer
    part that came with my Singer 201K-4. I like using a treadle machine much better, but my granddaughters liked
    using the handcrank much better.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, the HC I put on my 15-88 I got from Billy! I like mine much better, it doesn't have the Japanese writing on it! Your HC looks good, but I think I will stick with Billy's HC's. Thanks for showing us - this is how we learn!

    Nancy
    As soon as billy can find me a spoked handwheel I will get one of his HC to convert me old redeye since it does not have irons. Glenn
    I am going to look a set of machines this weekend so I might have one for you then.

    I love the hand cranks that I have they are really smooth and the paint looks so nice on them. The only gripe is that they do not have the wooden handle but the supplier I get these from told me they are made in Canada.

    Billy
    I can turn a wooden handle if needed that is no problem for me. glenn
    Glenn is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 PM
      #9582  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Originally Posted by Glenn
    I can turn a wooden handle if needed that is no problem for me. glenn
    Let me look at them and see if I can take the handles off and swap them out.

    Billy
    Lostn51 is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 PM
      #9583  
    Super Member
     
    vintagemotif's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 4,972
    Default

    Originally Posted by kwendt
    Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    The machines find us; so, one day a Necchi Supernova will be mine.
    Ah... here's hoping that a 201 treadle or a 201K or both, 'find' me. I'm a-waiting! lol
    Ah, your 201 is waiting for you. Just after spending a week researching and learning about the 201s, I found mine at a garage sale. At first. I wasn't going to go because I like to stay up late and sleep in. I told my husband about the sale and he said just go see what they have since they are stating they have numerous vintage machines. I told him I don't think I will, but he encouraged me to go early. I was there just 10 minutes after they started the sale, and they had four machine heads lined up along with a box of attachments. Two of the machines had the bentwood box covering them. Well, I lifted the lid to the first machine and there was the 201. I was like this can't be...I not staring at a 201 with an external motor...no way. I quickly looked around, looked at the other machines, saw the box of attachments (which at that time I didn't own any attachments), and grabbed the box and put my hand on top of that 201. I then asked how much for the machine. The lady told me what do you think is a good price (again my mouth dropped). I told her $25 and she said $35. I said okay you got a deal. I was ready to offer an amount for the attachments when she said do you want a bag for those parts or are you going to put them in your purse as she winked at me. I could have keep shopping and picked up the rest, but I already had hit my jackpot for the day. Well, off went the motor (which couldn't be used anyway since it is for European voltage) and into a treadle.
    Your machine is there. Have fun hunting!
    vintagemotif is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
      #9584  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Okay here is my case in point about the current attitude of the NeedleBar. If I ever get like this someone politely punch me in the mouth. :P

    But this was not directed to me it was for someone else but it reflects the type of mentality that is over there. "Its my way or the highway"

    Billy

    Several things you should know about the NeedleBar.

    1/ It is not about sewing.

    2/ The NeedleBar is privately owned. The owner is me. I allow free access for fellow collectors but it is not free for me. I pay all the webhosting and bandwidth fees. Consequently you have no rights here. All decisions are mine and mine alone.

    3/ As very, very, VERY clearly stated in my rules, the NeedleBar is non-commercial. Your chosen username is the name of your online business. Your so-called "avatar" is a logo related to your online business.

    4/ As very, very, VERY clearly stated in my rules, the NeedleBar is non-commercial. You will not place a commercial website link in your profile or anywhere else on my site. If you do it once more I will deactivate your membership.

    5/ If people don't read and abide by my simple and few rules, it is unlikely I will read and react to any stuff posted by them.

    6/ I have cut you a lot of slack on my forums leaving your overlarge posts intact, but your current antics trying to advertise your commercial web site here have used up all my goodwill.

    Back off and enjoy what access you have to my forums or leave. Simple as that. This is not negotiable.

    This is the end of this conversation and this topic is now locked.

    Back to sewing machine history and collecting.

    Alan
    Lostn51 is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 PM
      #9585  
    Super Member
     
    BoJangles's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Rescue, California
    Posts: 4,585
    Default

    Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Originally Posted by tomilu
    Here is a Necchi Supernova on CL in KS
    http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2195605114.html
    I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova. My mom's machine wasn't green though; it was beige color. I remember the attachment box and wondering what they were used for. Sadly, my mom never let me use the attachments or show me how they worked. I think she only used them a couple of times. Most of the time she was busy sewing the latest Vogue dress so that she could wear it to a party. She made me a beautiful navy blue wool winter coat with that machine. Well, she gave that machine to a friend of hers that was in need of a sewing machine when she purchased her Bernina 830. The Necchi Supernovas are wonderful machines!
    It is sad that you didn't get that machine.

    Nancy
    BoJangles is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 PM
      #9586  
    Super Member
     
    BoJangles's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Rescue, California
    Posts: 4,585
    Default

    Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Okay here is my case in point about the current attitude of the NeedleBar. If I ever get like this someone politely punch me in the mouth. :P

    But this was not directed to me it was for someone else but it reflects the type of mentality that is over there. "Its my way or the highway"

    Billy

    Several things you should know about the NeedleBar.

    1/ It is not about sewing.

    2/ The NeedleBar is privately owned. The owner is me. I allow free access for fellow collectors but it is not free for me. I pay all the webhosting and bandwidth fees. Consequently you have no rights here. All decisions are mine and mine alone.

    3/ As very, very, VERY clearly stated in my rules, the NeedleBar is non-commercial. Your chosen username is the name of your online business. Your so-called "avatar" is a logo related to your online business.

    4/ As very, very, VERY clearly stated in my rules, the NeedleBar is non-commercial. You will not place a commercial website link in your profile or anywhere else on my site. If you do it once more I will deactivate your membership.

    5/ If people don't read and abide by my simple and few rules, it is unlikely I will read and react to any stuff posted by them.

    6/ I have cut you a lot of slack on my forums leaving your overlarge posts intact, but your current antics trying to advertise your commercial web site here have used up all my goodwill.

    Back off and enjoy what access you have to my forums or leave. Simple as that. This is not negotiable.

    This is the end of this conversation and this topic is now locked.

    Back to sewing machine history and collecting.

    Alan
    Geeze, this gives me the creeps. This guy would make a good dictator.

    Nancy
    BoJangles is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:25 PM
      #9587  
    Super Member
     
    BoJangles's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Rescue, California
    Posts: 4,585
    Default

    Originally Posted by Glenn
    As soon as billy can find me a spoked handwheel I will get one of his HC to convert me old redeye since it does not have irons. Glenn
    Glenn what happened to the spoked wheel on your Redeye?

    Nancy
    BoJangles is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
      #9588  
    Super Member
     
    BoJangles's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Rescue, California
    Posts: 4,585
    Default

    Originally Posted by janisspencer
    BoJangles, Thank you so much for the manuel website. This is the book to my machine. It will be a great help. I haven't figured what all the pcs. in the drawers are yet and this is a great help for me. Can't do much today for we just got a call that my husbands sister just past away this evening. Look forward to catching up with you all at another time. Jan
    Janisspencer I am so sorry to hear about your DH's sister.

    Nancy
    BoJangles is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
      #9589  
    Junior Member
     
    G-Maw Wilda's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: KY, along the Ohio River
    Posts: 173
    Default

    Billy

    There are too many good people out there to let Alan ruin your day. His time will come, all things must come to an end.

    We love you on this site.

    G-Maw Wilda
    G-Maw Wilda is offline  
    Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
      #9590  
    Super Member
     
    vintagemotif's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 4,972
    Default

    Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Originally Posted by tomilu
    Here is a Necchi Supernova on CL in KS
    http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2195605114.html
    I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova. My mom's machine wasn't green though; it was beige color. I remember the attachment box and wondering what they were used for. Sadly, my mom never let me use the attachments or show me how they worked. I think she only used them a couple of times. Most of the time she was busy sewing the latest Vogue dress so that she could wear it to a party. She made me a beautiful navy blue wool winter coat with that machine. Well, she gave that machine to a friend of hers that was in need of a sewing machine when she purchased her Bernina 830. The Necchi Supernovas are wonderful machines!
    It is sad that you didn't get that machine.

    Nancy
    Oh, I'm very happy where that machine's home is now. I know that that person has cherished that machine and is still using it. It went to the right person at that time.
    vintagemotif is offline  

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter