Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jljack 04-13-2011 01:08 PM

[quote=Damienvon3

Oh the 99 hand crank would be a hoot camping. Can you imagine how many people would stop and watch you in action, might even have a few volunteers to give you a rest. :thumbup:[/quote]

Hahaha!! That's what I was thinking, too. Plus my kids and grandkids would really be making fun of me sewing while camping....they already think I spend too much time sewing. Can you imagine??? LOL LOL

Glenn 04-13-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Damienvon3

You are lucky to have found the feet/accessories with yours, as they are very hard to come by. They have an unusual way of attachment--back clamping, but the top has a cross on it. I think I have two feet with mine; will probably never find any more to go with it. [/quote

Oh, that is good news then. I will try to get pictures of the feet that I have if you want. Just let me know.

That would be great!

Mizjohnny I have a few of the feet for your sewing machine I will send pic for you to look at and if you want them they are yours.

jljack 04-13-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Has anyone here won an auction on the goodwill site? I put a bid on a couple and am wondering if I want to continue with higher bids if necessary. My concern is the packing and shipping. How was your machine packed? Did it survive the shipping process? Thanks.

I did win a machine from one of the Goodwill stores on the shopgoodwill.com site. Unfortunately they did not do such a great job packing it. There was some damage to the base, because although they wrapped the machine very well in bubble wrap, they put it into a gigantic box with just loose foam and peanuts thrown in, and it rattled around so much it broke the corner of the base. I would send them an e-mail and ask them to be sure it gets carefully wrapped first and then securely packed into a box so that it doesn't shift around. I have gotten other things from that site that were fine.

jljack 04-13-2011 01:46 PM

Miz Johnny, I am going to start working on my Elna Supermatic. When I first got it I tried it, the motor did work but the needle barely moved. I'm suspecting that it's just gummed up from sitting for so long. I have to get a new folding knee controller. What should I do first to get it going? Thanks!!

irishrose 04-13-2011 02:15 PM

jtapp9, That's a very nice red eye. The decals are in such good shape and the machine looks good, too.

Kitzone 04-13-2011 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I inherited a Singer 15-91 the other day and I am a little baffled. Attached to the pressure relieving thumb screw is a "Revco" release button. Has anyone else seen one of these and do they know the purpose?

Pressure Relieving Screw down in normal position
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183832[/ATTACH]

Glenn 04-13-2011 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Glenn

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Damienvon3

You are lucky to have found the feet/accessories with yours, as they are very hard to come by. They have an unusual way of attachment--back clamping, but the top has a cross on it. I think I have two feet with mine; will probably never find any more to go with it. [/quote

Oh, that is good news then. I will try to get pictures of the feet that I have if you want. Just let me know.

That would be great!

Mizjohnny I have a few of the feet for your sewing machine I will send pic for you to look at and if you want them they are yours.

I happen to have three of these attachments, two are hemmers and one is a braider

purplefiend 04-13-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I seriously may get shot if I mention this to my husband...we have went out the last two weekends in a row and purchased a vintage machine. And I know HE ain't that into them...lol

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/atq/2316657792.html

She is supposed to get the S/N for me when she gets home from work.

Was it common for these to be electrified? And is it hard to turn them back into a treadle? Because it has been modified is it even worth it?

OOH beautiful Red Eye decals. You can remove the motor with just a couple of screws and then you will be able to drop it into a Singer treadle cabinet and treadle it.

poygan23 04-13-2011 05:34 PM

thanks much for the information. I treasure it and it works like a charm. Don't know where my mother got it as she was born in 1909.

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:07 PM

[quote=Damienvon3

Here they are, I just took out of the box and took a few quick pictures. If you want better pictures let me know.[/quote]

Anyone else have Phoenix envy?? I do after looking at those accessories!! GREAT find!!