Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1012 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 12 512 912 962 1002 1011 1012 1013 1022 1062 1112 1512 2012 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,120 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Hello everyone!!! I haven't been on in quite a while and I wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I will be moving soon so I'm not doing much (none) sewing right now. I've got to get this big house all packed up and ready to go. Oh what fun.
    Hi Quilterquy27! Happy moving! See you when you are settled in!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    Quote Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
    I also have a white FW , she is a 1964 too.
    So nice...I bet you love that white FW. You know, FW's in general just never really turned me on. Not sure why. I must be a deviant or something! :-D What DOES have me lusting/catching my eye... are the 201ks! They are in a similar white/cream color. So neat!!!!
    I didn't know this! I've only ever seen black 201s... Would love to see a picture of a white one, if you have it.
    The one that she is referring to is the later models that were a creamy tan color and were the same body style as the 185J/K.

Billy
    They come in cream color :shock: :shock: :shock: , too! Hmmmmmmm......................Looks like my black 201-2 needs to find her creamy sister :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mare
    Another crunchy. I see most have nicknames. What would this be? Is this worth restoring or is it a paint job?

Cabinet is ok..kinda..needs some veneer.
    14601109 appears to be a 1897
    Nice 27! It will clean up pretty. For a machine 114 years old you did good! Those machines have a beautiful stitch and will sew through anything!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Looks like your machine will clean up pretty good. Also looks as if someone used one of those pin cushion thingy's around the top. I would never have thought that so many people would have done that. I have one thats the same way. The cabinet is really beautiful and the drawer pulls are nice too! DH said you could ship it this way if you want. :D :-D :mrgreen:
    Grins.. nice to know it was a pin cushion booboo.. I like the cabinet, for sure.. actually like the machine, sure wish it wasn't missing so much of decal... tell DH uhmm if a prettier one comes along...might think about it..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    The one that she is referring to is the later models that were a creamy tan color and were the same body style as the 185J/K.

Billy
    Billy what years did they make the white 201? I didn't know there was a white one either! Love the machine! Is this 201 as good a machine as the original black 201s, which were billed as the finest machine Singer ever made?

Nancy

Thanks so much for the replies to my request. I will keep looking... always hunting at yard sales, thrift shops, etc. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Another crunchy. I see most have nicknames. What would this be? Is this worth restoring or is it a paint job?

Cabinet is ok..kinda..needs some veneer.
    14601109 appears to be a 1897
    Nice 27! It will clean up pretty. For a machine 114 years old you did good! Those machines have a beautiful stitch and will sew through anything!

Nancy
    Thank you Nancy.. so it's a 27.. I will put that on my paperwork. I get soo lost as to what is what.. Nice to know it will sew good too!

Todays delivery and the last one ... grins til the next one. This is newer. dang shippin costs... It looks in pretty decent condition..needs a plate.. probably a fork, spoon and knife once I try to plug it in

Todays delivery and the last one ... grins til the next one. This is newer. dang shippin costs... It looks in pretty decent condition..needs a plate.. probably a fork, spoon and knife once I try to plug it in
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Billy what years did they make the white 201? I didn't know there was a white one either! Love the machine! Is this 201 as good a machine as the original black 201s, which were billed as the finest machine Singer ever made?

Nancy
    That one was a 1956 model, Singer was in the process of groing and moving forward with their designs about this time and there were a lot of machines with similar styling. The 185, 15, 201, 191U all had the same style. I like the body style myself and I am looking for one of each with that body type.

Billy