Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1013 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 13 513 913 963 1003 1012 1013 1014 1023 1063 1113 1513 ... LastLast
Results 25,301 to 25,325 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Climate controlled since bought it new in 1903?
    LMAO!! Meaning it's always been kept in the house...what's unique about that?
    Unfortunately, some of these grand ladies have not been treated as well. Note that some have been found in barns and on porches.
    I'm well aware, but the majority that we see have always been kept inside...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Climate controlled since bought it new in 1903?
    LMAO!! Meaning it's always been kept in the house...what's unique about that?
    Unfortunately, some of these grand ladies have not been treated as well. Note that some have been found in barns and on porches.
    I'm well aware, but the majority that we see have always been kept inside...
    he he - it is called MARKETING.

Quote Originally Posted by grammydar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Grammydar,
    What's your other treadle machine? The Singer 66-1 red eye is pretty. Sometimes a machine won't pick up the bobbin thread because its either not threaded correctly or the needle isn't in correctly.
    Sharon W.
    According to this board I have the 66 and 2-that are 127.
    I have gotten both 127's working, but the 66 isn't picking up the bobbin and I don't have instructions for it.

Darlene
    Try retheading your machine, try changing your needle, take out the bobbin and put it back in. Kathie

Blog Entries
    I found a really sad 1922 Singer Red Eye awhile back. Her case was shot and she had been where water had reached her underside. Here she is when I got her. She needs the spa treatment badly !!

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I gave the Red Eye the spa treatment, but needed a new display box for her to sit in. I did some talking to our Glenn and we made a deal to trade my Singer 319 for two custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    I gave the Red Eye the spa treatment, but needed a new display box for her to sit in. I did some talking to our Glenn and we made a deal to trade my Singer 319 for two custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan
    I am speechless!

Texas Jan
    Just beautiful! Did you get a repro wheel and hand crank? Or were they salvaged from another machine? Glenn's case is a great setting for it. :)

Blog Entries

Texas Jan
    That was a NICE deal. Glenn did an excellent job! And your machine looks beautiful in the custom box.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett

Texas Jan
    Just beautiful! Did you get a repro wheel and hand crank? Or were they salvaged from another machine? Glenn's case is a great setting for it. :)
    It is a reproduction hand crank. It had gold lettering in Chinese, but I painted over it. It is not near as good a crank as the original. It makes a noise that sounds like a frog croaking when you turn it. I need to try to put some more lubricant on it to quiet it down.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Texas Jan
    That was a NICE deal. Glenn did an excellent job! And your machine looks beautiful in the custom box.
    He did do a wonderful job and she looks proud in it.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries

Texas Jan
    I am speechless!
    Wait till you see the other one tomorrow. It is really unique.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries

Texas Jan
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a WONDERFUL job!! Gotta love our Glenn...he's the cat's meow in my book!! :)

Blog Entries
    Thank you.
    Glenn

Texas Jan
    You and Glenn did a beautiful job. Kathie

Blog Entries

Texas Jan
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a WONDERFUL job!! Gotta love our Glenn...he's the cat's meow in my book!! :)
    He is quite a fella !!! The one I will show tomorrow is my Wheel-Wilson #8 that I bought when I was in New York. I just have the machine, and he made the neatest display box for it just from the measurements I sent.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    I gave the Red Eye the spa Glenn an. . .made (this) custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan
    You and Glenn did a beautiful job. Kathie
    I agree! It took our breath away!

Blog Entries
    Really nice ...... you two work well together!

Texas Jan
    Wow! the machine looks so beautiful! and the case just sets it off, Looks very elegant!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Everybody !! I just love the way they look.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    I finished cleaning my 15-30. I put a repro hand crank on it also and painted out the Chinese letters - fortunately mine moves really smoothly and quietly. I had bought the machine for $20 and it was missing the slide plate - and the box. I bought a wood box on eBay that was covered with ugly wallpaper.I removed the wallpaper thinking I would paint it but the joints didn't look very good. So I put red oak veneer on it and stained it. Here is the finished product:

Singer 15-30 "Gretel" 10/19/1915
    Name:  Attachment-271384.jpe
Views: 55
Size:  30.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady
    I finished cleaning my 15-30. I put a repro hand crank on it also and painted out the Chinese letters - fortunately mine moves really smoothly and quietly. I had bought the machine for $20 and it was missing the slide plate - and the box. I bought a wood box on eBay that was covered with ugly wallpaper.I removed the wallpaper thinking I would paint it but the joints didn't look very good. So I put red oak veneer on it and stained it. Here is the finished product:

Your Gretel looks like a 15 to me.
    Great job cleaning her up.
    Love the handcrank.

Blessings,
    Sandi

Blog Entries
    REALLY pretty!! Was the veneer very expensive?

Blog Entries
    Not really - the veneer cost $10 total. It was in iron-on pre-glued rolls.

Blog Entries
    Not really - the veneer cost $10 total. It was in iron-on pre-glued rolls.
    :) I watched a program once where the guy took iron on veneer and cut shapes to make an inlaid pattern....I've always wanted to do that!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Okay kids here is a link go have fun........ Oh and you can get a glimpse of the 160th Anniversary Singer and yes I will have one as soon as I can get my paws on it!!!!

http://www.mysingerstory.com

Billy
    Thanks, I like the certificate that you can have printed out with your name, the serial #, and date of issue for the machine...looks real nice!