Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 513 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 512 513 514 523 563 613 1013 1513 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,825 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

There is no law against trying to catch a sucker with more money than sense! :>)
    Guess they can wish!

Blog Entries
    [quote=Kitzone]
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitzone
    I was wondering if any members live close to Frederick, Oklahoma?
    Well since I am being such an enabler tonight I thought that anyone living in or around Frederick OK might be interested or know something about this place.

http://www.thayerrags.com/ThayerRagsMachines.htm
    Judy
    As a matter of fact, I need a couple of spool pins for the Pfaff 230 and they do have one that it seems they may sell the parts. Anyway, I have contacted them and we shall see.

Hi l live in South Australia were about are you[/quote]

G'day Elsie, I'm on the east coast, north of Sydney.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Quote Originally Posted by HanNatNana
    Purple you could send it to me as 240v is our standard voltage!! LOL I've considered getting a hand crank for mine too, thought it would be good for my grandaughters...then again I have the Minerva handcrank. Speaking of which I must spend some time with her as I was working full time when I bought her and never did get around to getting her fully operational...mind you, I don't think there's anything wrong with the machine, it's most likely the operator!!

Does anyone know where I could find more info on the Minerva? I've done searches but all draw blanks, mainly dating info would be great.

Thanks again
    If only shipping weren't so expensive I would be glad to send the motor to you!
    Sharon
    Was only joking (truly)!! Would never throw out a hint like that, sorry if I caused any confusion.

:oops:

Blog Entries
    Nuther freebie. When I search CL, I just put "sewing". And there it was on the "free" section. Naturally, we had to check it out. A treadle Singer in the plain vanilla cabinet. Looks like perhaps a 27 with very silvered decals. Also included a puzzle box. This was one of those "its for free on the porch" ads.
    DH also picked up a vintage girls bicycle, The Raleigh", that had the little basket and original bell. He knows someone who restores them.
    Don't know if it is a curse or blessing when the thrift shop and estate sale folks want your name/phone in case they get a machine.

Blog Entries
    Anyone know what this machine is??
    http://wichita.craigslist.org/gms/2282937553.html

Sorry, I'm all the way across the state East of Tulsa!

:-(
    Well since I am being such an enabler tonight I thought that anyone living in or around Frederick OK might be interested or know something about this place.

They have a number of sewing machines that could be cleaned, polished and put back into production. Or if you need parts it might be a good option. Please let us know if this is not a good resource.

Judy
    They really do have many that could be redone, but I don't like the 'Pick up only'. How do they ever sell all of those if they don't ship?

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Check out the AWESOME price on this treadle machine in cabinet :shock:

:http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/2281013605.html

At first I thought it was a mistake but I see the comma so I assume that is the price that he/she is trying to sell it for.
    Another case of someone trying to sell something they don't know the value of...

I went back to look at the Japanese cloned 15 (the badged Sears Kenmore)today, money in hand, ready to buy. I had made my decision to get it, but sadly found it did NOT have it's cord or it's bobbin case. The person I talked to said it was her sister's, and she took my phone # so her sister could call me. I am hoping and praying she can find that cord and the bobbin case at her house, as both are very specific to this machine and it's dead in the water without them. WHAT A BUMMER...

Blog Entries
    [quote=tomilu]
    Judy
    As a matter of fact, I need a couple of spool pins for the Pfaff 230 and they do have one that it seems they may sell the parts. Anyway, I have contacted them and we shall see.
    I contacted them about a spool pin too. Let's see if you or I get a reply :) Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    http://lafayette.craigslist.org/clt/2260550603.html

Had to laugh out loud! Wonder if the person who thought of this is named Boudreaux or Thibadeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmother23

Had to laugh out loud! Wonder if the person who thought of this is named Boudreaux or Thibadeaux?
    Um... why? Are Cajuns supposed to be stupid?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I'm all the way across the state East of Tulsa!

:-(

They have a number of sewing machines that could be cleaned, polished and put back into production. Or if you need parts it might be a good option. Please let us know if this is not a good resource.

Judy
    They really do have many that could be redone, but I don't like the 'Pick up only'. How do they ever sell all of those if they don't ship?
    Maybe they don't sell them and that is why they have so many. LOL. Maybe we should have the VSMS Retreat in Frederick, OK. We wouldn't have to bring our own SM, we could just go to the store and buy one :)

Blog Entries
    [/quote]

Judy[/quote]

Hey, that's my kind of hang out. Too bad I'm here and it's there. I do love mail order, and have bookmarked. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmother23

Um... why? Are Cajuns supposed to be stupid?
    It's a running joke among us Cajuns. Lots of jokes about Boudreaux and Thibadeaux. Not stupid, just think different, see things in a different light. I guess you would have to be from the area...

Blog Entries
    Tomilu, I put just 'sewing' in CL instead of 'sewing machine'. I found many more machines including 2 treadles for good prices. No phone numbers - just the CL address. I'm not sure my Microsoft Outlook works so I have no idea if my messages went through. Couldn't access the address in yahoo mail. Darn. A third ad had a phone #, but it's too late to call.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    I'm guessing it's a Kenmore ?

Blog Entries
    Are you still there Fabric Whisperer ?

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Purple you could send it to me as 240v is our standard voltage!! LOL I've considered getting a hand crank for mine too, thought it would be good for my grandaughters...then again I have the Minerva handcrank. Speaking of which I must spend some time with her as I was working full time when I bought her and never did get around to getting her fully operational...mind you, I don't think there's anything wrong with the machine, it's most likely the operator!!

Does anyone know where I could find more info on the Minerva? I've done searches but all draw blanks, mainly dating info would be great.

Thanks again
    If only shipping weren't so expensive I would be glad to send the motor to you!
    Sharon
    Was only joking (truly)!! Would never throw out a hint like that, sorry if I caused any confusion.

:oops:
    No harm done! I was joking back. :lol:

That's OK.....I put my mouth (fingers) into gear before my brain forgetting that I'm a newbie here and you aren't familiar with my sense of humour!! Never my intention to upset anyone!!

Although in saying that, I have a net friend in Texas who says Texans have a similar sense of humour to Aussies!!

Blog Entries
    Hi l am south of Adelaide the wine growing country of McLaren Vale l am new at collecting sewing machines as well but l love the hunting for a bargain l have yet to start the pulling apart l did at one time live at Dapto
    Elsie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    I'm guessing it's a Kenmore ?
    You are probably right. It's only $20 and less than a mile away, but I'm up to my eyeballs in machines to fix and find a home for, so I'm gonna let that one pass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Tomilu, I put just 'sewing' in CL instead of 'sewing machine'. I found many more machines including 2 treadles for good prices. No phone numbers - just the CL address. I'm not sure my Microsoft Outlook works so I have no idea if my messages went through. Couldn't access the address in yahoo mail. Darn. A third ad had a phone #, but it's too late to call.
    Glad you had good success. Sometimes I use "soing" or "sowing" just for fun. Not many found, though. I copy the email addys and send through my yahoo email.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I went back to look at the Japanese cloned 15 (the badged Sears Kenmore)today, money in hand, ready to buy. I had made my decision to get it, but sadly found it did NOT have it's cord or it's bobbin case. I am hoping and praying she can find that cord and the bobbin case at her house, as both are very specific to this machine and it's dead in the water without them. ...
    Does it need the cord with the big 3- hole plug? And they usually take a standard bobbin case, at least that has been my experience. I have a couple of models here now that take the case with the "1 o'clock" finger.

[quote=annesthreads][quote=sew wishful][quote=annesthreads]
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful
    You don't have a pic of your Mum's Husqy do you?? I have a Husqvarna, but not sure of it's date. I figure it's about mid 60's but would love to have a pic to compare it to.
    OK, here are some pictures of the machine. Its model no. is 19E, and Mum thinks she bought it 1963, which seems about right.
    Let me know if it helps!

Anne
    Attached Images Attached Images