Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Stummel, that is one gorgeous machine, with a folding hand crank as well! Congratulations!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Does anyone have a closeup pic of the Singer 319w bobbin case? I have one in the bobbin assembly, but I'm not really sure if it is the correct one. Would appreciate a pic so i could verify.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Hope somebody can tell me something good. I found this 319w at a garage sale this morning. It was marked $2, but the bobbin case is missing, and no accessories, so I only paid $1. It is pretty neat though.
Cool looking machine Melinda! What are those silver things on top towards the back?

Nancy

Those are the "keys" that adjust to make different stitches.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Melinda,

Congratulations!! What a great buy! Is it green? I seem to love any of the machines with unusual colors. Very cute.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Hope somebody can tell me something good. I found this 319w at a garage sale this morning. It was marked $2, but the bobbin case is missing, and no accessories, so I only paid $1. It is pretty neat though.
I have a black 319 which I love to use. I do my quilting in a straight line on mine and sew bindings on. I wish I had an extra bobbin case but I don't. But, here is the number that is on mine and maybe it will help you find one. #173058. The silver levers are for different stitches and to use with your cams. You can find them on e-bay. Is your machine a green color?

bobbin out of my 319
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125175[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125170.jpe   attachment-125345.jpe  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 AM

[I have a black 319 which I love to use. I do my quilting in a straight line on mine and sew bindings on. I wish I had an extra bobbin case but I don't. But, here is the number that is on mine and maybe it will help you find one. #173058. The silver levers are for different stitches and to use with your cams. You can find them on e-bay. Is your machine a green color?[/quote]

Thanks. This bobbin case has #105032, so it must belong to something else.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
[I have a black 319 which I love to use. I do my quilting in a straight line on mine and sew bindings on. I wish I had an extra bobbin case but I don't. But, here is the number that is on mine and maybe it will help you find one. #173058. The silver levers are for different stitches and to use with your cams. You can find them on e-bay. Is your machine a green color?
Thanks. This bobbin case has #105032, so it must belong to something else.[/quote]

They have several babbin case #173058 on Ebay. Just checked :thumbup:
Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM

[quote=Stummel]Oh, what a fun thread! I just inherited this old Singer form my husband's aunt, but haven't actually tried it out yet.

Beautiful Model 28! I have one just like it in a Parlor cabinet! Mine is from 1898 page 352 here!

Nancy
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by JaKnits

I looked at the manual and it states that there was a five year warranty, but doesn't say anywhere who made the machine. No company name in the book at all. The manual is crumbling and I think it may be missing a few pages, so I copied it so that I don't have to keep touching it.

But I still don't know if they made mine or if someone else did. I have a photo of the bobbin, could anyone tell me what kind it is so maybe I can find a few?
And also a photo of the needle in it- it is huge compared to a standard needle made today, I would also like to know what kind it is so I might find a few.

I really appreciate all your help!!
Take a look at the bobbin and see if it says Davis on it. Sometimes a badged Davis will have the name on the bobbin.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by JaKnits
I have been researching all morning and I found that Davis did indeed make the Standart machines. Could you tell me how long a Davis long needle is? I measured the one in my machine and it is 1 3/4 ". thanks.
JaKnits, yes I have been searching also. Davis did indeed make the Standart machine. Your Standart take a Davis long which is a Boye #10 -- you can get them on E-Bay.

The needles is about 1 7/8" long.

Here is the ISMACS needle chart I have been looking for! Still can't find any information on my New Home T No 3 needle size! Darn!

http://www.ismacs.net/needle_and_sha...eedle-list.pdf
I am betting your New Home takes a 20 x 1 needle.