Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM

[quote=Pat Heinemann]
Originally Posted by Glenn
They also have a antique treadle scroll saw I have seen several but was always a day and a dollar short. Glenn
I saw one of those treadle scroll saws at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO several years ago. The fellow operating it could sure turn out some pretty stuff.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Whatever it is, the decals are in beautiful condition. Is it going to come live at your house?
I would love it to, but they're asking $125 for it, and that's more than I would want to spend, especially since it has no cabinet with it.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Could an ORIGINAL singer 15 have had ALL of the following, or could some features have NOT been on the 15?

1. Left (back) tension control knob. (actually on left side of face plate, yes)
2. Scroll faceplate. (Yes)
3. Mimimal gold decals on front and bed. . . (not sure which pattern they were, but like filigre or triplets style) (Yes, and Yes)
4. Silver handwheel, (I THINK it was solid, but not sure if it was solid or spoke). (Yes mine is spoked)
5. Some part of the stitch regulator very shiny silver, (not sure if it was the plate or the lever/knob on it) (Yes)

Brenda

Oh and the bobbin was not a shuttle it was round and it had a motor and belt and was in a treadle cabinet, which must have been from her original machine which I don't remember.
And Yes to round bobbin too!

Nancy
Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just contacted a woman about an old Singer. She said it was from the 50's. She changed it to a Westinghouse5 and than to a New Home type s. I have never heard of a Westinghouse sewing machine. I am sure they were not New Home, unless New Home was not a name but a model. Any feed back? Kathie
Kathie New Home was originally a manufacturer. Boy, it sounds like this lady doesn't know what she has?

Nancy
Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just contacted a woman about an old Singer. She said it was from the 50's. She changed it to a Westinghouse5 and than to a New Home type s. I have never heard of a Westinghouse sewing machine. I am sure they were not New Home, unless New Home was not a name but a model. Any feed back? Kathie
Kathie New Home was originally a manufacturer. Boy, it sounds like this lady doesn't know what she has?

Nancy
That is what I thought so I did not call her back.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:15 AM

There is a neat Red Eye in a plain cabinet on the Wichita CL for $100 OBO. Looks like the decals are in pretty good shape, missing the slide plate, of course, lol.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:16 AM

I am going to look at a treadle today, it has a 1904 Standard machine. I have tried to find info. about it online, no luck. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

The cabinet has been painted, so it needs to be stripped and refinished whick I think I can handle. But I want to be able to sew on this, so I need to know if bobbins/needles are still available to find. The machine comes with an instruction manual and attachments.

If anyone can give me any info. it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JaKnits
I am going to look at a treadle today, it has a 1904 Standard machine. I have tried to find info. about it online, no luck. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

The cabinet has been painted, so it needs to be stripped and refinished whick I think I can handle. But I want to be able to sew on this, so I need to know if bobbins/needles are still available to find. The machine comes with an instruction manual and attachments.

If anyone can give me any info. it would be greatly appreciated!
I would have to look at the machine to see what model it is and all but if I had the chance at getting it I would. But I really like the early non Singers. It will more than likely be a special needle like a 20x1 but you can fudge a regular needle and get it to work. But all of this is just speculation because we havent sen it yet.

Go get it and post photos!!

Billy
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 AM

Thanks for replying so quickly! The seller only wants $35.00 for it so I am picking it up this afternoon and then will post photos. I have always wanted a treadle, so I can't wait to go get it!! :-D
Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

I had no problem getting into Needlebar just now (had to try it after reading here that people were not getting through). I was asked to login with my login name and password, but it went straight through.

Could it be that people here have forgotten what they logged in with originally?

I have such a poor memory, that whenever I join a new group, I write down the details.