Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-06-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by lee231
Anyone know anything about a White model NAZ. Seen one at a local thift shop?
Can you give us more information on the machine? I tried to google White Model NAZ and got nothing. Sorry, maybe someone else knows what machine you are talking about.

Oh and welcome to the shop!

Nancy
Old 05-06-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by misseva
You might try turning your stitch regulator to zero stitches or as my old singer has to a "fine" stitch which will stitch in place then lengthen the stitch again.
Miseva, that is the way I did all my piecing on my Free company treadle, but the 127 is a little harder to do that while stitching! At least for me! The stitch regulator on the Free was a slide so it was just like using a back tack slide to get that machine to stitch in place -- with the 127 being a knob, I find that difficult to do while still trying to maintain a straight seam!

Nancy
bummer! you can tell I know nothing about a 127. maybe stopping & resewing over previous stitches IS the only way except to turn it around and that's not fun even on small items much less a quilt.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
I've just been given a collection of old wooden reels of Sylko (cotton) sewing thread, of course the thread is old and brittle and not good for sewing but I'll use them to display with my old machines!!

Does anyone else collect other sewing items? Some years ago I was given an old, hand embroidered pin cushion that came with some 'handmade' pins, then I have an antique stitching sampler which takes pride of place in my home and has done for many years. It's in a lovely, understated walnut frame which cost a fortune because the sampler wasn't a regular frame size. The lady who gave it to me was then (30 yrs ago) in her 80's and it was stitched by her great, grandmother as a 6yo in 1844. It's the grab-and-run item in my fire plan which hopefully never has to be implemented.

Bronwyn

:thumbup:
Bronwyn, I have about bunch of the old wooden spools, old scissors (displayed in a glass case), and some things for tatting, etc., that belonged to my grandmother's mother. I am very glad there are people like you who cherish and preserve the vintage things! Oh, and I read your PM! I hope you get the thread soon!

Nancy
Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM

I just bought a Singer and not sure what she is Serial # is AG647013 no other numbers got her for $35 needs a little cleaning up runs light works no attachments just extra bobbin. I went to the singer site and it said AG639261-659260 Model #15 quanity20000 4-8-46 But can't find any info for a manual any help out there please and did I get a good find? I hope, not sure how to thread it just got home a little while ago and took pics and posted them but was told to post them here
Attached Thumbnails attachment-193731.jpe   attachment-193732.jpe   attachment-193733.jpe   attachment-193734.jpe  
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM

Becky Mc, you did great. The cabinet or machine each are worth that much alone. Nice looking machine. I like the design on the faceplate.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 AM

That's a beautiful machine. I love that little scroll plate, so pretty.

You did a great job for that price! I've heard nothing but good things from the 15 owners on here. I have a 66 myself. I know there's a website to go to to download some of these old manuals. I keep forgetting to bookmark it. ISMAC or something like that.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Ismacs has the manual http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...al-rotated.pdf

I bet that cabinet has the little pull down shelf - sweet
Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 AM

BeckyMc - Yours is the 15-91 which has the "potted" motor (rather than the belt driven 15-90) The earlier models were treadle or handcrank.

Here's a site I have found useful in identifying Singer machines: http://www.sandman-collectibles.com/...machines.htm#8

I was going to give you the ismacs.com site for a manual but see that miriam already has.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

love that sandman site!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Been trying to use my 306k and at this point, if I could lift it, I'd throw it out a window. I can't seem to get the bobbin case to 'snap' into the place where it's supposed to. That is one thing I really hate about this machine is how difficult it is to access the bobbin. Who the hell came up with the idea that we'd just love to man handle that heavy head to put a new bobbin in? I'm sure I have the right size bobbin because I've sewn with this machine before. Isn't it and L bobbin? any help is greatly appreciated because Carmen (it's name) is on thin ice right now.......