Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Minnesota newbie
attatchmentsthanks for looking :-)
What a geat collection of attachments. glenn
Old 06-07-2011, 02:13 PM

I was out junking today and picked up a Singer 293B for $12. I've never seen one of these before. This one seems to be in ok shape-dirty, but the innards all move, if grudgingly, and the motor runs. I suspect it just needs a thorough cleaning and oiling. The serial number is SB740487. I know they were made in France, but when? All the Singer site says is 'beginning 1935'.

I won't keep this one-I have an arrangement with my OSMG; I go thrifting, get to pet the nice old machines, then he buys them from me, refurbs them and sells them. This way I get to ogle them, he gets to sell them, and Hubby doesn't roll his eyes too hard when I bring home another machine! :)

Sorry about the junk in the background. I just put it on the patio table on my way in. Are these aluminum inside? It seems really light for cast iron.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208310.jpe  
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM

Newbie, I love your new machines!! They are really nice.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
So the church that I quilt at is having their garage sale this weekend. They want 80.00 for a vintage machine whose decals are coming off, no attachments and no shuttle or spindle bobbins. I think it's outrageous, but a friend of mine thinks it would be a good investment. The serial number is starts with a B and has all 8's and 9's in the number part. I'm trying to figure out what type of machine it is.

The decals say Singer, and it has a good size throat area, just a shade smaller than my 66. But it has some reddish tint to the decals. I KNOW it is not a redeye, but the decals are real similar. It has a drop in area for one of those long bobbins (shuttle right?) no shuttle bobbin casing though. It seems like a lot of money for a machine that can't possibly work with no shuttle. I just wish I could figure out what it is.
Sounds like a 128 with La Vincedora decal.
It could also be a Singer VS 2 with the Painted Roses or Rose & Cornflower decal.

Nancy
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

Another question, if I may...

Since decals come up so often , is there a site somewhere with a comprehensive list of decals, hopefully with pictures?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/app/2420343335.html
Sweet looking machine and nice cabinet. That machine might be the one that would break my dependence on e-machines. Thanks for showing us. ~ Chris
Ok you guys, that machine does look great but it couldn't have started as a treadle? I must of been an electric first!

Nancy
Old 06-07-2011, 02:25 PM

This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
Even the cabinet looks pristine!
I'm sitting here drooling on the west coast.
You're making me drool here! I'd love to have the Necchi! A treadle no less!!
Sharon W.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Anyone know much about 31-15 singer I picked it up today.runs great,have to get manual for this one also.This is an addiction getting these old machines.Ha AG489603 came with taable that holds motor,machine,thread holder,wide foot pedal and on/off switch
I think Billy got a 31 for doing FM work. The 31's are industrial machines, larger than a domestic model. Can you post a picture for us to see? I'd love to see the machine.

Nancy
Wow, what is the harp space of that machine? Very pretty blue! I would definitely buy that machine if I saw one!

Nancy
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM

I was thinking maybe a 127, but 128 will work. I'll pass the info on to my friend. I didn't think it was worth 80 bucks even if it is over 100 years old!

Thank you all for your help though
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Sweet looking machine and nice cabinet. That machine might be the one that would break my dependence on e-machines. Thanks for showing us. ~ Chris
Ok you guys, that machine does look great but it couldn't have started as a treadle? I must of been an electric first!

Nancy
It has holes in the casting for a treadle belt, so I think they were made both in treadle and electric models.
Sharon W.