Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-08-2011, 05:35 PM

mpeters-m1225
go to this site,i have to hunt a while but they demo using singer attachments on fw's. at least you will get the idea of how they are used. i am still moving forward on this thread.
http://www.april1930s.com/html/sewing_machines.html
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Hello,
I am new to the group, as of today I have a "new' to me Mocha colored Singer 301. She's a beauty and I only paid $50.00 for her off CL. In original case original foot controller.
I am so in want of this machine!! I love it! Lucky you!!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:46 PM

I love all those attachments! The thought and engineering that went into them!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Hello,
I am new to the group, as of today I have a "new' to me Mocha colored Singer 301. She's a beauty and I only paid $50.00 for her off CL. In original case original foot controller.
Hi and welcome!

Pretty machine! Have fun with it!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy

. . . It came with a drawer full of attatchments.
Lucky you! Attachments can be hard to find. I love my 9W. Beautiful stitching, easy to treadle. Any of the Wheeler and Wilson type machines are fabulous to sew on. Cabinet is nice, too!!
The "sad" one that follows will clean up and sew like a dream. You'll be surprised.
Yes, Miz Johnny, I know that it can be cleaned up and it too will sew beautifully! I just need to get a couple of missing parts for it, which I haven't done yet. This was my free machine in the badly worn cabinet with the treadle that treadles very smoothly. I went for the free treadle for a different facelift project, and the surprise in the cabinet was this Singer. Again the machine found me! One day it will work too.

Here is a picture of the attatchments. Does anyone know what the attatchments are for or what they do? The second picture is of a wooden box a friend gave me a long time ago, I collect boxes. I knew they were attatchments for a sewing machine, but I never knew that it went to a vintage Singer sewing machine. I think it is called a Singer puzzle box. How do I find out if they will work on my Singer 9w? I forgot to mention that I paid $30 for the machine and cabinet, it needs a belt.

attatchments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208921[/ATTACH]

singer puzzle box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208922[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208915.jpe   attachment-208916.jpe  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Does anyone know the name of this decal? I went to the link posted a few pages back, but this one is not shown. I know I saw it on here before, but cannot remember how far back, and I am NOT into hunting through 1100 pages!!! LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208917.jpe  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM

Lori, the first pic you posted shows attachments that will fit a machine with rear foot attachment. Those are for older machines...if yours has a rear mount, try them carefully. The ones in the 2nd pic are for some kind of side mount.

In the first pic you have a ruffler and some different sized hemmers...the hemmers turn the fabric under for a rolled hem. I don't recognize the others.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 PM

I am really unschooled in older machines. When you rear mount are you talking about where the foot attatches? I just looked on mine and you have to unscrew it in the back to switch the foot out. I was told my Singer is around 1905-1910. I will put the puzzle box back away then.

I thought maybe the ones you called hemmers where for bindings.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM

jljack. That is the Lotus decal. It looks like a might be a brown Lotus.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I am really unschooled in older machines. When you rear mount are you talking about where the foot attatches? I just looked on mine and you have to unscrew it in the back to switch the foot out. I was told my Singer is around 1905-1910. I will put the puzzle box back away then.

I thought maybe the ones you called hemmers where for bindings.
Well, some of them could be bindings. There is lots of information about attachments on the internet. ISMACS site has a section on attachments, and I printed it out for information on my 1917 Western Electric and 1928 Singer 99. Very helpful. You might try there. It's an organization about vintage machines.

Oh, yes, the rear mount is where the foot attaches.