Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Needing help with Ebay. I have an account but cannot currently access it as apparently I don't have the correct password and when attempting to change said password, I am not using the correct info. I need the piece for my Singer 201. I could just use a different email account to buy as a guest checkout but but would really like to be able to use old account. ANy helpful suggestions anyone?
It's probably your user name that you don't have just right. Try re-registering and when you put in your e-mail, it will tell you you already have an account with that e-mail, and it will give you an opportunity to find your user name.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Keep your fingers crossed for me, I've got a line on a Davis Vertical Feed, they're not asking an outrageous price, but I've not seen the machine yet!
Good luck! I am looking for one after seeing one in person at the Gold Country TOGA that Monica brought. It was so awesome!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:23 PM

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I've got a line on a Davis Vertical Feed, they're not asking an outrageous price, but I've not seen the machine yet!
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Needing help with Ebay. I have an account but cannot currently access it as apparently I don't have the correct password and when attempting to change said password, I am not using the correct info. I need the piece for my Singer 201. I could just use a different email account to buy as a guest checkout but but would really like to be able to use old account. ANy helpful suggestions anyone?
It's probably your user name that you don't have just right. Try re-registering and when you put in your e-mail, it will tell you you already have an account with that e-mail, and it will give you an opportunity to find your user name.
I did end up going through getting my coorect id and tehn resetting the password but what a hassle! Hopefully, won't need to do that again.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:32 PM

The last one I saw was in an antique shop in The Dalles, they wanted $145.00 for it and the decals were gone. I was pleased to see this one, and am hoping it looks good...it's considerably less money! :)
Charlee, my Davis has virtually no decals after I got too keen on cleaning her up. Her decals before I decided to clean her up were pretty gone, but now completely gone. I still love the machine, and actually I think I perfer her nice and shinning and clean instead of gunky feeling with some decals showing through here and there. I hope you get the machine. They are a little harder - I think - to get use to. At least I had a hard time figuring out how to get a decent stitch out of 'Betty.' She is the only machine I have that took me two months to get her to sew. You really have to play with the stitch regulator on that machine. Glenn had the same problems when he was trying to get his Vertical Feed to stitch. I use her all the time now for my bindings, but boy does that machine give me a workout! Mine in the 1886 version, not the New Vertical Feed like Monica has. They may be easier - don't know?

Nancy
Old 09-16-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by Suzi
Originally Posted by deplaylady
(It's kind of cute, just very pricey!) It has free shipping. too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260853041344
Better hurry on this one ...... someone is already on it!!!

:roll:
Isn't that the cutest little thing? To me this would be more valuable simply because I've never in my life seen a machine styled like this.
I think so too! I thought to post it on here, but now that I know it is, I thought I'd post a picture because, reading the past pages, I would have liked to see what you all were talking about.

Antique "The Soezy" cast iron clamp om sewing machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258047[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-257994.jpe  
Old 09-17-2011, 04:53 AM

I just thought this was so cute, just something about it, and the color! http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DRES...item336bf6263a
Old 09-17-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare
I just thought this was so cute, just something about it, and the color! http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DRES...item336bf6263a
Very cute 15 clone! I am still looking for a red clone!

Nancy
Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
The last one I saw was in an antique shop in The Dalles, they wanted $145.00 for it and the decals were gone. I was pleased to see this one, and am hoping it looks good...it's considerably less money! :)
Charlee, my Davis has virtually no decals after I got too keen on cleaning her up. Her decals before I decided to clean her up were pretty gone, but now completely gone. I still love the machine, and actually I think I perfer her nice and shinning and clean instead of gunky feeling with some decals showing through here and there. I hope you get the machine. They are a little harder - I think - to get use to. At least I had a hard time figuring out how to get a decent stitch out of 'Betty.' She is the only machine I have that took me two months to get her to sew. You really have to play with the stitch regulator on that machine. Glenn had the same problems when he was trying to get his Vertical Feed to stitch. I use her all the time now for my bindings, but boy does that machine give me a workout! Mine in the 1886 version, not the New Vertical Feed like Monica has. They may be easier - don't know?

Nancy
I'm not sure on this one, the guy told me that he thinks it's early 1900's, it's in a coffintop treadle with the Davis decal on the top. The cabinet looks complete, albeit in rough shape. The bonus part would be that they know the history of the machine...it's coming from his mother in law's home, she's 87, and it belonged to her ....great grandmother or her grandmother...not sure which!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste
Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by Suzi
Originally Posted by deplaylady
(It's kind of cute, just very pricey!) It has free shipping. too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260853041344
Better hurry on this one ...... someone is already on it!!!

:roll:
Isn't that the cutest little thing? To me this would be more valuable simply because I've never in my life seen a machine styled like this.
I think so too! I thought to post it on here, but now that I know it is, I thought I'd post a picture because, reading the past pages, I would have liked to see what you all were talking about.
Anyone know who made it?