Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2923 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 1923 2423 2823 2873 2913 2922 2923 2924 2933 2973 3023 3423 3923 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,230 of 44192

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    JlJack, Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope things get better for you and your family.
    Thanks, Trish. She is due to come home tomorrow, and hopefully things will be semi-organized by Christmas, and then full blown move-'her-in the following week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Will all the goodies that fit the FW fit the 301 also? TIA
    No - The 301 is a slant shank, and the FW is a low shank, but straight. They are not interchangeable at all!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
    That is a beauty. My DH thinks I'm crazy because I make over these old machines. Well it is no worse that their old cars and guns, lol.
    Yes, that is what I tell him...he has SKADS of "hobbies" (his word...mine is "junk") all over the house and the garage, and since I have been bringing home machines, he keeps saying we don't have room. Well, get rid of some of this JUNK that's been sitting around for years that you have lost interest in, and then I will have ROOM!! :-)

machines value?

Hello everyone, I'm very new to the forum but have an odd question.

My mother has recently passed away but used to run a business that leverage industrial sewing machines.

In an attempt to settle a few of my parents bills I'd like to sell them.  How can I determine what a fair price is for these machines?

I know one of the machines is a Singer 191. I also have several cutting tools and electric punches...

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mhat1974; 12-20-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: displaying incorrectly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhat1974 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm very new to the forum but have an odd question.

My mother has recently passed away but used to run a business that leverage industrial sewing machines.

In an attempt to settle a few of my parents bills I'd like to sell them. *How can I determine what a fair price is for these machines?

I know one of the machines is a Singer 191. I also have several cutting tools and electric punches...

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!
    Five years ago you could get top dollar for that stuff. Now days... just go cruise on CL in various parts of the country. What I would also suggest is that you find a similar business somewhere and see what they would offer for all of it. I am hanging on to my equipment - I know I can't get what it is worth. I still use it but not so much - I keep it oiled and used enough to not go totally dead.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I've been playing the last few days. I didn't really mean to, but it started with trying out some Bar Keeper's Friend on the slide plates. Then I figured I needed something to polish up while watching TV, so off came all the little bits for cleaning. Then I couldn't just put her shiny jewelry in a drawer, so she had to be cleaned up. I've never used a shuttle and long bobbin before, but she sews a nice stitch and it wasn't too hard to do. It will be a while before I get her in the treadle to really try her out.

Singer 27, dated to 1898.

Name:  before.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  after.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  102.5 KB
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Wpw Bennett - that looks great - those old ladies to clean up for show now don't they! It's even more fun when you get them to sew.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Wow Bennett!! What a difference a day makes!! She's beautiful!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I have a PM into Sew Classic about the cords and foot pedal for a 403. Is there another source I can check, besides Billy? I don't want to bother him with something like this during his busy Christmas week.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    I have a PM into Sew Classic about the cords and foot pedal for a 403. Is there another source I can check, besides Billy? I don't want to bother him with something like this during his busy Christmas week.
    Sew Classic is the best!!! Get some bobbins there too - the ones from WM don't hold up. She is shutting down in a day or so for Christmas according to her site - I just put in an order a couple minutes ago.
    Last edited by miriam; 12-20-2011 at 02:43 PM.