Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 AM

Sharon, I was just in the Photos shop and saw the seam guide you have on your 99 HC. What brand is that seam guide and how does it stick to the bed? I have been afraid to stick anything to the bed's of my machines for fear the paint would be ruined? How do you like the seam guide? Have you removed and reattached it; and if so, is that easy to do?

Nancy
Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Miriam, your scones sound wonderful! And, Charlee your dutch oven cooking sounds wonderful too!

Nancy
Let's get this straight - Miriam does not cook scones. DH cooks his wonderful scones in a Dutch oven.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Mariam, my DH said we have several Dutch Ovens would you send him your Hubby's recipe and how to cook in the ovens. May have started a new thread here.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 AM

Does anyone remember the blog that had the web site that you could get a certificate printed with your name???? I have my Mpther's Vintage Singer 201 in the shop and wanted to print the certificate with her name on it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Hello, Irma, you're forunate to have a family vintage machine. Here is the site you wanted. http://mysingerstory.com/
Old 02-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Miriam, your scones sound wonderful! And, Charlee your dutch oven cooking sounds wonderful too!

Nancy
I can vouch for the scones, they are wonderful tasty things. We put Phil to work in the kitchen making some when Miriam and Phil stop by for a visit while Miriam and I played with the machines.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Ladies, even I can't get through my basement. I live in fear that I'll get my foot caught between machines and other junk, and be buried down there for days. As bad as it is, it used to be worse. I keep plugging away, a little at a time, in hopes to some day have it clean enough to once again sew. I know I promised you pictures of the Pfaff, but I just can't get to it right now!!
Miz Johnny, Monica and I still want to come and go through your basement! I am still coveting that Pfaff treadle you have buried there!

Nancy
Old 02-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Yes, it's a 48K.
That does look like a 48K and according to ISMACS, it take a normal 15X1 needle that we all use today!

Nancy
Old 02-07-2012, 01:24 PM

And I was just thinking it would be a fun pattern to do. . . .
OMG!!!! I will never be able to look at the apple core pattern again without thinking the same thing now! Thanks Monica!!!!! LOL

Nancy
Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I LOVE cooking in Dutch ovens!! I have seven of them...we have a yearly "Dinner Party at the Lake" where we cook in the ovens....everything from the entree to the deserts....usually have 12 to 20 folks show up!

Recently got my first dutch oven from my mom's household download. Can't wait to try cooking in it. My DH's cousin does Civil War enactments with another of their cousins, and she is the camp cook.