Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3120 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 2120 2620 3020 3070 3110 3119 3120 3121 3130 3170 3220 3620 4120 ... LastLast
Results 31,191 to 31,200 of 43736

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #31191
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Can anyone tell me if you have tried a Singer 306 in a treadle? I know the 206, 306, and 319 are all from the same Singer line and Singer's first attempts at a machine that zig zags, but what else can you tell me about them? What are the differences? I think they all take a 206X13 needle and have the same 'L' bobbin, probably the same little flat cams? Anyone know about the 306 or 206? As you all know, I have the 319w and I love it in a treadle! I have a friend who wants to know if the 306 will go easily into a treadle and how different is the 306 from the 319?

    Nancy

  2. #31192
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well, happy Mardi Gras! Thought I'd share some of my dessert with y'all this evening while browsing the board.

    Attachment 314271

    Not as good as in New Orleans, but a treat nonetheless.
    Bennett, those look YUMMY!! What are they exactly, and you DID make plenty, right?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  3. #31193
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,096
    Nancy,

    The 306 does zigzag and does use the flat cams. The 206 is the same, but does not use the cams. The 206, 306 & the 319 all use the 206x13 needle and the same bobbins. Both should treadle the same as the 319. If you friend wants to try one let me know, I have several extras in the garage.

    Cathy


    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Can anyone tell me if you have tried a Singer 306 in a treadle? I know the 206, 306, and 319 are all from the same Singer line and Singer's first attempts at a machine that zig zags, but what else can you tell me about them? What are the differences? I think they all take a 206X13 needle and have the same 'L' bobbin, probably the same little flat cams? Anyone know about the 306 or 206? As you all know, I have the 319w and I love it in a treadle! I have a friend who wants to know if the 306 will go easily into a treadle and how different is the 306 from the 319?

    Nancy

  4. #31194
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    455
    For those of you keeping score, after cleaning out part of my mom's house, my machine count went to 51. No one in my family wanted one, not even the 99. So my goal of 50 machines before my 50th birthday is met. Birthday isn't till June. In print that looks insane. LOL
    Melinda

  5. #31195
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

    The 306 does zigzag and does use the flat cams. The 206 is the same, but does not use the cams. The 206, 306 & the 319 all use the 206x13 needle and the same bobbins. Both should treadle the same as the 319. If you friend wants to try one let me know, I have several extras in the garage.

    Cathy
    Cathy, which model do you have several of sitting in the garage? She really wants a 319 like mine to treadle, but she is looking at a 306.

    Nancy

  6. #31196
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,096
    Nancy,

    I have one or more of both the 206 and the 306. Neat machines, but I have not bonded to any of that series.
    Please I do not want to hear any screams, but believe it or not I actually like the early Touch & Sews better.

    Cathy

    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy, which model do you have several of sitting in the garage? She really wants a 319 like mine to treadle, but she is looking at a 306.

    Nancy

  7. #31197
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    For those of you keeping score, after cleaning out part of my mom's house, my machine count went to 51. No one in my family wanted one, not even the 99. So my goal of 50 machines before my 50th birthday is met. Birthday isn't till June. In print that looks insane. LOL
    Congrats!!!! You should line them all up or have them in one room for a photo shot with you on your 50th birthday.

  8. #31198
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

    I have one or more of both the 206 and the 306. Neat machines, but I have not bonded to any of that series.
    Please I do not want to hear any screams, but believe it or not I actually like the early Touch & Sews better.

    Cathy
    You really do like fixing machines over sewing with them, if you prefer the Touch and Throws.

  9. #31199
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Bennett, those look YUMMY!! What are they exactly, and you DID make plenty, right?
    I agree Charlee. I would like the recipe.

  10. #31200
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Joe, That's interesting what you did with the double thread. Thanks for posting!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.