Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Remember I had posted that I had a machine sent away for repair and it had been 5 months? I was so happy to see the UPS man today with a package for me!! It sews beautifully and it FMQ great! It may be a big competitor to my 301's for FMQ. Smooth and quiet. I believe this was one of the first models Pfaff made with IDT in the 70's.

The repair man had a heart attack, that's why it took so long. :< He did an awesome job and it runs like a brand new machine.
Congrats on getting your machine back! Hope the repair man is recovering well too!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Crossstitcher,

I am in love. The Lotus is a beauty. I also use baby oil (quite often). After all we do want our babies' bottoms smelling good, don't we.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
It's been raining all day today so I thought I would clean up my 1910 Lotus. She sews as smooth as a babies bottom and smells good too, used baby oil. Here's a few pictures I took, then DH added his idea too. I made the dolls on a 1919 66 Red Eye.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Remember I had posted that I had a machine sent away for repair and it had been 5 months? I was so happy to see the UPS man today with a package for me!! It sews beautifully and it FMQ great! It may be a big competitor to my 301's for FMQ. Smooth and quiet. I believe this was one of the first models Pfaff made with IDT in the 70's.

The repair man had a heart attack, that's why it took so long. :< He did an awesome job and it runs like a brand new machine.
I have a 1222E, love my machine. I'm the second owner and so glad the first owner took such good care of it. I haven't figured out how to make it do all the decorative stitches that it is supposed to be capable of. I use it mostly for piecing flannel quilts, binding most of my quilts and sometimes machine quilting.
Sharon W.
Attached Thumbnails feb.25-2010-005.jpg  
Old 04-06-2012, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Really? A Redeye with no boss? Have never seen one....take a pic for us?
Miriam has obviously got one of the first 66's. Miriam what year is your Redeye?

Nancy
Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I have a 1222E, love my machine. I'm the second owner and so glad the first owner took such good care of it. I haven't figured out how to make it do all the decorative stitches that it is supposed to be capable of. I use it mostly for piecing flannel quilts, binding most of my quilts and sometimes machine quilting.
Sharon W.
Sharon, there is nothing to doing the decorative stitches! You just push down whatever button for the stitch you want! I have had my 1222e since 1976! It cost me $1800 back then - including the table - We couldn't afford it, but I wanted it so bad we got it anyway! I have never looked back - that machine was the best thing I ever did! He still runs great and I use him all the time for decorative bindings! Pfaff had the patent on that IDT walking foot for a very long time. There were no other machines with that walking foot until the patent ran out for Pfaff's exclusive rights to it. That is when Viking or whomever started adding it to their machines.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-06-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 AM

I saw an ad on CL last week for a very inexpensive 301. I watched it for a few days and kept telling myself I did not need ANOTHER 301. It was advertised in non-working condition and missing parts. I've really had to watch expenses since taxes were overwhelming for us this year. I had to run to Southern CA. and figured when I got back 3 days later, if it was still for sale it was meant to be.

It was meant to be:> I spent about 4 hours getting it working. It was pretty rusted and locked up. Now she's another gem and stitches beautifully. I own 5 of them now. I think I need a 301 intervention! LOL!!
Congratulations Candace on the 301! She looks exactly like my Mocha 301! You are becoming the 301 girl for sure!

Also, so glad you finally got your Pfaff back! I hope the gentlemen who fixed it is doing ok too!

Nancy
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
It's been raining all day today so I thought I would clean up my 1910 Lotus. She sews as smooth as a babies bottom and smells good too, used baby oil. Here's a few pictures I took, then DH added his idea too. I made the dolls on a 1919 66 Red Eye.
Trish what a beatiful Lotus! I love the dolls too!

Nancy
Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Okay, I have tried twice to resize the photos of the springs for Joe, but for some reason the photos aren't resizing.
Sorry Joe, I know that you need to see the photos smaller. I don't know where that thread has gone on the attachments. You will just have to hunt through all the pages until you find that thread.

It would be nice if there were just a couple of threads in the vintage sewing machine section since it is getting difficult to find certain threads.

This thread would stay of course, as well as the FW, 301, quilts, tutorials, and machines photos. I can understand that it is difficult to oversee all the new threads that are formed, and to just place them in the vintage machine site is the easiest. BUT, it is getting to be a bit too much with all the different threads that have been started.

Maybe there should also be just one thread on "look at my new vintage machine" since folks don't wish to post in this thread that Billy had started for that purpose (just one reason). Then the mods can place a freshly started thread into that one thread and then there will not be x number of threads per day or week.

Just my opinion-Monica.
Monica everytime someone starts a new thread, like the attachments thread, I just add it to my subscriptions. That way I can go into the subscriptions and pull any one of them up. You can also see if there has been any activity by the date last posted if you miss them in your in box. I am not really sure what you meant by that last paragraph? Why would we want a "look at my new vintage machine" when we can post them here or in the vintage photo shop? I am not quite following you?

Nancy
Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 AM

I have sent several e-mail asking about this little Betsy Ross machine. I have not got an answer. I hate it when people post something on Craigslist with no phone number - then they won't answer their e-mails! So frustrating! It is probably sold, but they could send an email back or at least delete the ad!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2936768782.html

Nancy
Old 04-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Sharon, there are a couple of tricks. The dial on top needs to be turned, the stitch button pressed and the appropriate needle position and stitch length(tells you on the button) are selected. Do you have a manual?

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Sharon W.