Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3671 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2671 3171 3571 3621 3661 3670 3671 3672 3681 3721 3771 4171 ... LastLast
Results 36,701 to 36,710 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I have an Eldridge two spools with a rolled up manual. I would be afraid to iron it for fear it would crumble...
    Miriam don't do anything to the manual until I get there. We may have to steam it when I come to see you and Phil
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Miriam don't do anything to the manual until I get there. We may have to steam it when I come to see you and Phil
    Skip
    I stuck it in a zip bag so it won't get any more damage - I hope that doesn't hurt it. Phil says you won't come out for air for a few days when you get to see all those machines... My sister had too much fun when she came up from Arizona. I need to spend a day in there putting junk away. It is driving me crazy. I keep getting extra work from both jobs. With Phil not working for pay, I can't turn them down.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    you're just a drive away. c'mon up. i will be in jackson tn next weekend, i can bring it with me. am i helping to enable you yet?
    Thanks for the offer, but even that would be about a 14 hour round trip drive. I'll keep watching for a gem closer to home.
    Darren

Blog Entries
    Morse report: Haven't had time to go to a sewing machine place to get a new belt for the blue Morse, so tonite, while we were out, we stopped at the auto parts store. They had a package of 3 narrow belts for $120. Works like a charm with 2 spares!!

The machine runs nicely, and after a couple of knocks in the beginning, is quiet as a mouse. Nice stitches. The only issue that I'm finding is that if the knurled nut isn't tight against the machine (stitch lever) the lever will fall while stitching. I can live with that until I figure out how to fix it!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Morse report: Haven't had time to go to a sewing machine place to get a new belt for the blue Morse, so tonite, while we were out, we stopped at the auto parts store. They had a package of 3 narrow belts for $120. Works like a charm with 2 spares!!

The machine runs nicely, and after a couple of knocks in the beginning, is quiet as a mouse. Nice stitches. The only issue that I'm finding is that if the knurled nut isn't tight against the machine (stitch lever) the lever will fall while stitching. I can live with that until I figure out how to fix it!
    $1.20 or $120?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Or maybe $12.00????????

Joe

Blog Entries
    I just got gifted 3 more machines! One was for my bday by my DD and her husband. Its a '57 chevy-looking clone in turquoise and white. The other 2 were given just to get rid of and are probably not going to stay around here long. One was a touch and sew in a cabinet, and the other a kenmore in a cabinet that fell apart. Maybe next time it will be nice Singer.

Blog Entries
    And Joe, I just saw a denim quilt made in circles. Made me think of you and your quilt.

Blog Entries
    Oops!! $1.20....a dollar and twenty cents....

I need to learn to proof read!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
    I just got gifted 3 more machines! One was for my bday by my DD and her husband. Its a '57 chevy-looking clone in turquoise and white. The other 2 were given just to get rid of and are probably not going to stay around here long. One was a touch and sew in a cabinet, and the other a kenmore in a cabinet that fell apart. Maybe next time it will be nice Singer.
    Happy Birthday Grannysewer! Congrats on the machines!