Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy would you look at your Singer 9W (Wheeler/Wilson) and see if your little wire that is connected to what the diagram refers to as the "thread controller" is connected on both sides. My little wire is not connected on the right side. I think I need a new 'thread controller' thing or at least the wire?

Can I get that part?

Nancy
I dont see the little wire on my machine Nancy. And the first loop that the thread goes through is not there either. It is just a piece of wire that looks like it is missing the hook part. But this machine may differ because it is a 9W-7.

Billy
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Here are a couple more pics. Also, read the manuel and the notch is supposed to be there :oops: !!!
I really love this machine and the cabinet is to die for!! Free always had some gorgeous decals with lots of colors, and was a really high quality machine.

Billy

Thanks, now to get it working, LOL!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:22 PM

I have my grandmothers Singer Model 66 treadle sewing machine. I researched and found that it was made in 1910. I recently cleaned and oiled it and it works beautifully. I used to sew for my grandmother on it. I love it.

jvbusylady
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM

So I have been talking with my husband and after we move I want to get another sewing machine.
So I come to you guys for advice.
I would like another treadle this one I want a singer.
Preferably I would like one that is easy to find parts and needles for if that is possible.
I know with my domestic treadle when I am looking for feet and or other parts I always see singer parts.
So what model should I be on the look out for?
Is there a model out there that has anything "great" about it. Like something that no other has or does?

Please let me know what your favorite and if possible if you know if the parts are easy to come by
Old 08-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
So I have been talking with my husband and after we move I want to get another sewing machine.
So I come to you guys for advice.
I would like another treadle this one I want a singer.
Preferably I would like one that is easy to find parts and needles for if that is possible.
I know with my domestic treadle when I am looking for feet and or other parts I always see singer parts.
So what model should I be on the look out for?
Is there a model out there that has anything "great" about it. Like something that no other has or does?

Please let me know what your favorite and if possible if you know if the parts are easy to come by
You cant go wrong with a 66 or a 15. Either one of those will be smooth running and easy to find parts for. The 15 you can FMQ on if you wanted to because it has a thumb screw under the bed to lower the feed dogs.

Billy
Old 08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Billy or anyone familiar with 503 Singer. Any thoughts. Any good? Here is an add I saw in my area.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/art/1876862179.html
Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Billy or anyone familiar with 503 Singer. Any thoughts. Any good? Here is an add I saw in my area.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/art/1876862179.html
Thanks!
The 503's are a good reliable never say die machine, part of the Rocketeer family. It's kind of like a 301 on steroids. The machine and cabinet appear to have had gentle use. I detest those plastic spindles though they can snap off quite easily and yes, they can be replaced but....I think they want too much money for it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 AM

Does anyone know who manufactured this machine? It's pretty and simple...thinking about gettin'it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90839.jpe  
Old 08-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

The 503's are a good reliable never say die machine, part of the Rocketeer family. It's kind of like a 301 on steroids. The machine and cabinet appear to have had gentle use. I detest those plastic spindles though they can snap off quite easily and yes, they can be replaced but....I think they want too much money for it.[/quote]

Thanks for the input!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 AM

Does anyone know anything about this machine?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90847.jpe   attachment-90848.jpe