Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 493 of 4382 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 492 493 494 503 543 593 993 1493 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 43814

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #4921
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,338
    [quote=laura59
    After a lot of e-mails back and forth, I will be going to see it this morning. It is about an hour away from here and there is a nice thrift shop on the way. Hmmmm, if we go down one way, we can stop at the thrift shop, and if we come back the long way, we can hit a few antique shops, and maybe a Goodwill or 2. Think we can make a day of it.[/quote]

    sounds like a great day. Look forward to hearing the results. Post pictures please. :-D

  2. #4922
    Junior Member laura59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    164
    Well, it was a good plan. Got down to look at the machine, it wasn't that good. Definitely not worth the asking price. Got lady to come down some, but, not far enough. Stopped a few places, but, nothing good out there. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

  3. #4923
    Super Member KatFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,067
    Blog Entries
    8
    My Singer modle 12 dates to 1873.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  4. #4924
    Super Member Miz Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Here is another pretty machine. Can anyone tell us what the decals are on this machine. What ever they are they are pretty.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-MODEL-27-...efaultDomain_0
    Billy is this a re-done machine? It is beautiful, but is it for real or a re-do?

    Nancy
    They are Sphinx decal and it is original. rjones is a reliable seller.

  5. #4925
    Super Member KatFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,067
    Blog Entries
    8
    Can anyone tell me what size needles and bobbins, cord for the treadle and where to find a manuel the Modle 12 Singer takes?

  6. #4926
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    I love your model 12 and the fact that it is a MOP makes it that much better even if it is missing the decals!!

    I will look and see what needles it uses for you and Charlee knows the shuttle and bobbins it uses.

    Billy

  7. #4927
    Super Member KatFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,067
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I love your model 12 and the fact that it is a MOP makes it that much better even if it is missing the decals!!

    Billy
    So did my DH do okay spending $110 on it?

  8. #4928
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I love your model 12 and the fact that it is a MOP makes it that much better even if it is missing the decals!!

    Billy
    So did my DH do okay spending $110 on it?
    That is a bit pricey compared to the one I bought that has the majority of the decals and treadle. But I traded a Mint Green FW and $400 to get it over here from France.

    Billy

  9. #4929
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    Here is an elna on CL. Wish I lived closer and I would be checking this one out.

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/hsh/1918491685.html

  10. #4930
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Here is another pretty machine. Can anyone tell us what the decals are on this machine. What ever they are they are pretty.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-MODEL-27-...efaultDomain_0
    Billy is this a re-done machine? It is beautiful, but is it for real or a re-do?

    Nancy

    They are Sphinx decal and it is original. rjones is a reliable seller.
    Wow, I'd love to have that machine!

    Nancy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.