Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Caroline: Any chance i could enter a PM conversation regarding the acquisition of some parts? (or help you get the parts you need to get it working)

p.s. "Sweet Caroline"? My whole family is composed of Neil Diamond fans...
Steve-love your sense of humor, in much younger years Neil was the performer I would steal money for a concert ticket[ not really, but love this guy]. My youngest DD is named Desiree' not after the song but because I wanted something french. When she was a teenager she came to me and said "why would you name me after a hooker?" lol Yes I had some explaining to do....
Old 01-04-2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]377040[/ATTACH]
One of my latest acquisitions I hadn't posted photos of yet. Jones Hand Crank. Not sure how old she is but she works. I just need to clean and oil her up and she's good to go. I will probably try and build a case for her.
Oh Beautiful, can't wait to see her all cleaned up. I am really starting to like the Jones machines.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
(I hope these pictures show up. I tried resizing them but not sure how they came out.)

I have been watching this New Home treadle machine on my local Craigslist. When the price came down to $50, I decided to call about it. It was even advertised as free delivery by the man selling it, and he delivered it yesterday. It's a beauty, although there is a little rust on some of the metal pieces, the decals are in wonderful shape for it's age. I'm not sure how to date a New Home but it's probably from the early 1900's.

The decal on the bed of the machine has a greyhound type dog on it with the words "light running". Not sure what that means, though, but it is interesting
Oh Cathy I also just aquired New Home and she looks alot like yours, I too haven't done much research on her. I too bought mine from Craig's list and the man that I bought her from didn't know much about machines but he sure knew how to clean her up and mounted her on a base for me...40.00 I just couldn't pass her up.
Attached Thumbnails pc130002%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
Got this at a resale shop Wednesday. Will clean up this winter, top needs new veneer, rest in good shape.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]360860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]360861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]360870[/ATTACH]
Oh wow I have never seen a bobbin like that-great score.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...e-t155695.html
Muv has some real nice videos - not the same machine as yours but the principles apply - you do not have to disassemble your machine to get it fixed up and working right. Those are a nice simple machine and you should be able to very quickly get it in top working order. Muv has 9 videos on Utube - all time well spent watching.

Glen has info on cleaning up the cabinets. There is also a very old book called 'The Furniture Doctor' by George Grotz - might be of help on the cabinet - if NOTHING else that book is a fun read.
Huge Thank-you Miriam.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by ndnchf View Post
I picked up this Singer 99 last weekend. It dates to 1955, so it really isnt that old, but it has been badly neglected. It will be a challenge, but hope to get it cleaned up and back in working order.
ahhh bless you for taking on the challenge to restore this lil gal.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by abbynjack View Post
I have few Singer treadles and will post the pics tomorrow.
I have one with a box on top but my favourite is the 1890 treadle with the 3 drawers either side. I actually restored (carefully and painstakingly) the veneer on the cabinet. Took me a while but well worth it.
Oh Debbie I too need to restore the veneer on my 1891 Coffin Top and have been dreading it because I am much of a wood restorer-any tips would sure be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris View Post
my sewing room is currently under going a renovation, as I start clearing out the dinning room and get all the machines in their new places I'll start posting pics.
Only posting now so that I can receive emails again and find my way back here.....
Ditto........welcome back Bloomin Iris
as some of you may noticed over the last couple of days I am also doing the same...I have been a member of the board for sometime but seem to go long periods w/o posting, depends on what life is dealing me at the time...this time its my new found love of collecting vintage machines .
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Oh Cathy I also just aquired New Home and she looks alot like yours, I too haven't done much research on her. I too bought mine from Craig's list and the man that I bought her from didn't know much about machines but he sure knew how to clean her up and mounted her on a base for me...40.00 I just couldn't pass her up.
Wow Dee, what a great deal you got! Beautiful machine!

Nancy
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by corlando View Post
1932 Singer 27 Hand Crank

1924 Singer 66 Red Eye Treadle, had to refinish the cabinet as it was very bad. The machine was just a clean up and replacement of the spool pin, presser foot, still need to get the red felt for spool pin.

1893 Singer VS2 27 Treadle, cleaned the cabinet other then that it is original. Need to do more work on the machine.
Wow, you have some gorgeous treadles! I have all those treadles too, but my VS2 is not in the shape yours is in! Thank you for posting the photos!

Nancy