Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-10-2015, 05:34 AM

I thought tornado season started in June??? Not so anymore

I have only 4 more stars to redo and then it's time to sew them all together...I'm going to think twice about volunteering again..I now realize my experience with the pping process has made me able to do this.. I had to resize them all to 8- 3/8" from various sizes in that range..most of the points were missing or not enough for a seam.

The Fashion Show Lunch was very nice..I won a door prize of some very expensive Kitchen hand soap & lotion in a metal container resembling a tin can for olden days..very pretty..I'll put it in the guest bathroom...

It's off to the sewing room to hopefully finish the last stars...later guys..H.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:05 AM

Rain storms are not tornado, Anne. The thunder and lighting kind that come in the spring of the year. I have slept through a tornado in College at Kirksville....whatever will, will be with them. the House Mother came back to check on me after it had passed...that's when I was too young to know better, I guess. Congrats on the door prize...sounds nice.

finishing up the Califlorinia Gold border for the bottom of the quilt...and it will be all done. On to the next UFO.

Enjoy the day.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:30 AM

We had nasty storms all night last night into this morning. (At least it wasn't snow LOL). Lots of tree limbs down, garbage cans who knows where, etc. Electricity kept going off & on but all is well today--just dark & gray. Not a good day to sew navy blue binding with navy blue thread--doesn't matter how many lights I have on it's difficult on these senior eyes.

Sounds like you're having fun in NC, Anne, except for redoing the stars. They look great. I hate to work with other people's blocks and I'm sure they'd hate working with mine. QNS & OK are you planting seeds yet? Folk lore says we're not supposed to plant anything before Memorial Day around here. Carrie, congrats on the new job--where do you find all the hours in your day to do all that you do? Jeanie, I'm anxious for you to see the quilting I did on my medallion quilt--more than you or I like but my friend asked why I didn't do more in the white spaces. Hmm--can't please everyone so I've got to please myself (paraphrasing Ricky Nelson there LOL).
Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 AM

JanRN, dh is planting potato spuds and onion sets. Not time to plant any garden yet....last frost here is about April 19th. Next to be planted are the peas, radishes and lettuce. He does have a full grown tomato plant in his bedroom, and seedlings coming along...so he may try some outside soon. He loves to 'garden' regardless of the weather outside. May have to get him a small greenhouse someday.

Its been a busy morning...thinking of renaming my quilt room to 'used car sales lot for the day'. Sold our 2000 Chrysler this morning while I was trying to quilt...after three incoming calls, I agreed to wait three weeks for the deal to complete itself then.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:31 PM

DH & I are back from Brady. We took several things there in the back o' my Sequoia includin' a dryer. Just before we leave town the latch on the back broke. We go anyway, thinkin' that we can fix it when we get there. Nope. All o' DH's research reveals is that he needs ta access the latch from the inside. WHile we were able ta get everything else outta the back through the back seat doors we weren't able ta get that blasted dryer out. DH couldn't get ta the back panel w/the dryer in the back. We had planned ta haul several things ta the dump & haul a bunch limbs & sticks ta a brush pile that the fire department has set up for a trainin' burn.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:40 PM

Sigh I pressed the post button too soon. LOL
Well sense we couldn't do that DH was ready ta just come back home. I had ta "find" stuff for him ta do. It's not like there isn't a ton o' stuff that needed doin'. LOL One o' the best things I got him ta do was ta replace the screen in the slidin' door up on the deck. W/that door open & windows downstairs open, the wind was able ta circulate through the house & keep it cool even on the day that it reached 85*. We didn't need ta use the air conditioners at'all. I didn't realize how much the coolin' of the upstairs would keep the rest o' the house cool. Now I realize that this summer it won't be enough but for this spring it was very nice.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear, dublb, what dumb luck. At least you found away to make the trip worthwhile. How's you class coming along? Have you decided what topic to teach?

We've had quite a bit of rain since Sunday night. Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny..I think I'm going to work outside as much as I can. Will have the 2 little ones here most of the day..they will enjoy being outside. I don't think it's too early to get the leaves off of the garden beds. Oak leaves don't decompose very fast.

Today went over to an aunt's house. We are doing a study on repentence. Actually a Lenten study, but is applicable to any time. Normally I wouldn't take the time to do this, but I enjoy the time I spend with her. First lesson has been enlightening and took us off on other points to consider. It will be a "take time to smell the roses" time for us both.

Every time the phone rings, I get a little anxious as Grand#11 is due next week. Hope all goes well for the new mom and dad.

Have had such a full week and just when I think I can sluff off, I realize I have other things to get done. I should be grateful that I can still can do the things I have to do.....

Night all and have a good weekend.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:43 AM

Mice and men often make plans that go astray.... priority wise the Man above changes our plans. Our day is starting early. Neighbor is coming by for comfortfree plants and people are coming to look at the Chrysler today. Neighbor P is going on to son's greenhouse to helped him finish his late planting of veggies and today they are planting 75 apple trees.

Time to ge my socks and shoes on to move with the flow. Off to the races and monkey chases as DGM said. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:46 AM

Old 04-11-2015, 06:14 AM

Oh my goodness QNS, your photo is so true, especially with me

Lookee, lookee, The post will be at 11,000...we certainly have chatted a lot!

I am itching to get a tomato plant..but I won't be able to cart it back n forth when it gets too big...boo hoo..I love home grown tomatoes, their fragrance is like no other...

We're looking to get an SUV and bring my little car down here...so I can do what I want when I want..

I just ordered a backflow valve online..none of the supply places had any..the deep freeze down here froze & cracked a lot of them, including ours, so now we have to replace it...We'll know better next winter..

I want to plant a fruit tree here...maybe a dwarf??
Have a good day all, DH just said lets go out! so off we are H.