Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-28-2013, 05:21 PM

Thank you, Jeanie. I appreciate you taking the time to paste it into the PC site. If my SIL ever visits us again, I shall make it for her. In my fantasy dream, all the PCer's come here to visit in reality instead of the virtual RV...yep, I know its a dream, but not a nightmare at all. I hope Honchey is right, and we can continue to meet here on site, because I feel rich and empowered knowing all the wonderful PCers here on site.

JanRN, if you need the space for your dog right now, that is a good decision...he, I am sure, has given you lots of love over the years. I raised puppies and sold them, but not just for money. It was important to me that they all got a good loving home. Now, I have adopted nine cats, outside cats, but they come into the garage that is heated, and keep the mice out of the garage and house. My DS lives in a two story house with seven cats and five dogs 'cause his love of his life rescues Pit Bull Dogs and others, and keeps her children all over twenty five at home with them. The youngest now has a love of his life, and she just gave birth to a baby girl...all live in, of course and depend upon our DS to support all of them. I guess he is very happy or he would not put up with all that and that is his choice with his life. My dh told him we were coming down at Christmas time to move in with him....just to joke with him. We know there is no room at that inn (home). LOL!

I will repeat myself: It is the receiver who makes the decision to show or not show the MB and the MB with the family they have received. Those who share, thank you. It is an individual right on their decision. We enjoy everyone on this trail ride and respect their wishes. That is the bottom line here and I am happy with it.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:13 PM

Hi Everyone, I got called into work today and will be going in tomorrow.. Monday is still a ??? for now.. I wore my compression stockings and even with the glue they were still creeping down my legs...when I got home they were around my knees...How funny is that!!!

I have to apologize to all of you...I am so guilty of not posting MB's not because I don't want to.. it's because my brain & memory has turned to mush...I put the MB in a place where I hope to remember... when I go to get it it's not there.. then I find it & can't find the others that belong with it.. It's a vicious circle without end...

A very dear cousin of mine passed a day after Christmas and find out the family wanted no one else to know about it...no notification, no service, no funeral, no obituary...Nothing...needless to say I'm extremely upset about it...No obit??? that's like you never existed... no everything thing else is a very personal decision but no obituary????
as you can see I'm fuming!!!
It's good to see some that haven't been around...We all get so busy and I think we should have taken a Holiday break with the MB's. We did it with the other trips..
I have to post some info on the Spike thread so I will leave for now....Later, H.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:33 PM

Now, Honchey, I am the Queen of Lost and Found...losing blocks and finding them again, projects, thee Christmas items I finally got mailed to you'all. I thought it very funny when Janie sent me my MB and it was called "Lost and Found"! When you least expect it, you will find it again. Please take care of yourself, Honchey. You do not want your legs swelling up no matter how much you love your job.

My absent-minded self has to look at the MBs just to remember what they had received so I can match my next one to send to a particular person...I even emailed you on the last one, Honchey, because I could not locate what was in her collection before me or what her colors were originally. So it goes, and I miss the mark, I am sorry to the receiver, but I gave it my best shot.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:22 PM

QNS - we were just talking with friends a few days ago about taking our RV's across country next year to Washington DC. I have never been East of Iowa, and that was when I was 21! Joe and I have traveled as far as New Mexico - but nothing East of that. Hopefully we will be able to visit some of you along the way. I know you have some lakes near you QNS that we could stay at for a day or so.

Also your "care package" arrived today QNS. Thank you so much! Joe and I are loving it.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:31 PM

I sit at the machines for the most part.. I have my choice.. the Diamond, the ruby, the topaz??? which one shall it be...I was hoping that our Gallery would get the Platinum 16?....very similar to Jan's Sweet 16...our store is too small for that machine..
My leg is behaving itself...going for the ultrasound tomorrow at noon..
Now to see if I can transfer the cutting info for the Spike thread..Later.. H.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:13 AM

I'm baaaccckkkk
wow so much happening, I won't answer everyone individually but just know that I have missed you all. No computer was not funny
BUT on the upside DD and I had fun in my sewing room. She starts a new job next Monday (she is going to keep the one she has and this one she can work part time at) It is a Government job so she needed some new clothes and this is what we made in 4 days. It is a simple wrap dress, the colours look a whole lot better in real life.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas wherever you were.
Attached Thumbnails dscf0748.jpg  
Old 12-30-2013, 02:21 AM

Welcome Back Karen ! ! Wow you two have been busy. Now we need a picture of your DD in one of her new dresses
Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!! More so, because I've missed you!! Looks like you two make dresses like you quilt. Like a mad fiend, and can't stop!! The two of you would hardly have had time to check in on us with all that work. A lovely new wardrobe for your DD. Good Luck for her new job .... and managing a two, my goodness!

Happy New Year's Eve Eve Everyone!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 AM

Welcome back, Mirabelle, I sure missed you! I see you have been very busy indeed! The dresses look as special as what you dd is...very colorful and special person. Good luck on her two jobs, its not easy spreading oneself so thin. I have been there and done that.

Here coming on is a New Year; out with the Old and in with the New. May it be a good one for everyone.

Completing the Irish Mist with Janie is first on my list; we are emailing one another with encouraging words. I have a personal quilt book and magazine collection of a few hundred..maybe as many as five hundred books and magazines. I loved the Elm Creek Stories and discovered two of their quilting books in my collection...one being Sylvia's Bridal Sample; the other is More Elm Creek Quilts. (Need storage unit for this collection!) So I will be joining Anael on her group, and trying to keep up. Also have prepared for the paper piecing venture of Carrie's 50 Stars, to journey along with her group. (They have their storage units already and all 50 paper piecing patterns are run off, ready to do each week.) And the SYE group will continue for a while...our MBs will end in February. Quilting on the Square's Dear Jane in mid-January...since I love Batiks and BOM was also done in regular fabric...I in my insane moment signed up for both... so will start a storage unit for each and keep the shipments together and work on them in my 'free' moments. With the colder than usual winter prediction, it seems like a good idea to hibernate in my quilt room, enjoying the new look and layout and machines.

New Year Resolution: Be kinder to thy self. Think harder about being healthier, worker harder to enjoy each hour and day as I grow older. I think I can; time will tell the tale.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Finally ........
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6481666

Finished before Christmas and delivered to be gifted to their daughter.