Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: August weight loss

Meanmom...I typed in fitbit....and it came up fitbit app, then it was the top one...fitbit, inc with 3 stars and 270 reviews....I hope that helps. Also when I go to log food it's to the right of the search bar under the "Done" button...I hope that helps.
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

I was looking at fitbit yesterday. I need to check to see if it can be used with my iphone 4. I know my mac and ipad are too old. It's pretty cool that it shows how many flights of stairs you do each day. Another goal to try to meet each day. I wonder if I would like it as much as I did my WW activity monitor. I loved that thing.
    How exciting with a new baby coming today!! I hope things go well. I know it can be tough on first time moms to be induced.
    Lynne, how wonderful that your parents are finally getting a new a/c!
    Yesterday I went shopping for my red, short, sparkly dress for my son's wedding. I found everything but the shiny part. It is all over lace so maybe that will be okay. I was able to get it on and zipped and the belt fastened but it is pretty snug around the waist. I am determined to lose 10 lbs before the wedding so it will fit nicely. Oh, and I paid only $29 for it at TJMax.

My newest Grand daughter was born last night at 10:51 pm. It was a long day but Faith Eliszabeth came in at 7 lb 6 oz and 20 in long. She is a beauty!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Congratulations, Gayle!!

Awww...congrats Gayle on the new baby! Lucky to be a grandma...I need to wait a bit longer, not one of my 3 are married and only one is interested in someone at this moment. It will all happen at once I'm sure.

Pam.... I think that WW and the Fitbit work together, someone once told me that the Fitbit will add up the WW "points". I have had it for many years, actually had issues with 2, so now I am on my 3rd. I should have never stopped using it, because I went down hill and now have more to lose! Oh well it was fun while it lasted, NOW BACK TO WORK!
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Congratulations, Gayle. Little girls are so precious - okay, little boys are, too. Enjoy Miss Faith Eliszabeth. My oldest is Karen Elizabeth so I like the name.

Weigh in tomorrow. I hope the winner enjoys the my blue FQ. It won't be coming back here. Pat, I mailed it, but forgot to add 'Irishrose'.

I AM getting healthier and losing weight.

Blog Entries
    I took off on a bike ride this morning. I had deided I was going to ride this whole section of the bike path, about 22 miles. Luckily I decided I didn't feel like going that far. The wind kicked up a little bit and there was quite a headwind on my way bcak. The little waves in the river made it look like the river was flowing backwards. It was a lot harder ride on the way back. I rode 18 miles.
    Teri thanks for the info on the App I will try to find it. Pam I have an iPhone 5c and the fitbit is compatible with it. I think it uses bluetooth. I would like to find an app that tracks WW points like the WW app. I don't want to pay to join WW again but need a point counter.
    Last night was happy hour night with the staff from school. Calorie wise I did ok. What I ate wasn't very healthy but it was tasty. I had a snack size boneless wings and one drink. Back on track this morning. I haven't been on the scale in a couple of weeks. Curious to see what it has to say at the end of the month. Some of my pants are getting a little bit baggy in the butt:-)

Blog Entries
    I just posted the new thread for September. So head over there and sign up. OMG I can't believe it is September already. Good luck everyone. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post7301165

I had a good day today. Walked 3.5 miles this morning and averaged 4.5 mph. I was really booking! We went to a going away party tonight. There was so much food. There were even some healthy options. I loaded my plate with fruits and veggies. I had a spoonful of a couple of kinds of dips and a few tostidos but a lot less than I would normally eat. Then they had hamburgers and brats and salad for the actual meal. I had a burger with mustard and a tomato on it with no bun and then a nice serving of salad which was lettuce and fruit. I sampled 3 of the desserts which maybe together was equivalent to 1 brownie. I don't feel guilty about any of it since I burned over 600 calories this morning.
    I hope everyone else had a good day too!

Blog Entries
    Pam good job at the party. I haven't received the quilting board the last several days. Anyone know how I can fix that? Don't forget to PM me you weight loss tomorrow.
    The weather forcast for this week is hot and more hot with major humidity piled on top of that. My school is not air conditioned and it is going to be miserable all week. I hate wearing dresses but I guess I will have to break down and wear them this week, better air circulation. By afternoon the kids are all just wilting in their desks. I am having a hard time getting my water in at school especially in the mornings as I can't really leave the room to get water or use the restroom. My little kindergartener has been described as one of the worst kids they have ever seen at that age. Her mom has declined to put her in a special unit where she could learn better behavior. We are collecting what we need to force this to happen. Not sure what they could possibly still need as she is repeating kindergarten and her file is alread over 3 inches thick. I am keeping lots of notes on her. Her behavior is unbelievable.

I'm never sure if dresses are cooler or not because my thighs get sweaty and stick together. Coolest for me would probably be looser fitting capris, though short dresses are better than long. Are you not allowed to have a water bottle in your room? Our superintendent came up with the idea of no liquid in the room one year. I told my principal to fire me now because I can't talk all day without water or tea. We amended it to no soda in the classroom for our building, but water was okay (actually coffee and tea, too). During warm spells, the students were allowed water bottles, too. Only one of the five elementary buildings here has AC, but it's not as necessary here as there. MS, yes, JH and SH, no. I subbed in all the buildings after I retired. I wore long pants to church today because I needed to wear an ankle brace and was very warm and it isn't warm her today. I feel for you.

Is weigh in today or tomorrow? I am a little lighter, but my waist hasn't diminished. The joys of a mature body.

I did weigh in today...but I just read that it's tomorrow, so I will hope that I'm down even more than today...haha! Hubby and I went on a cycle ride today to Wisconsin and hit up a creamery and I "had" to have a small ice cream. YIKES! Well I will be honest and hope my numbers hold.
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Sounds like you ladies are hitting your stride!

meanmom, have they done any kind of testing for food allergies for that little girl? They have done terrible things to our wheat and causes problems for so many. Did you get my skinnies?

Made a quick trip to Austin to load up my kid and told him I won't be back for two months. He has to shop for himself!
    All it takes is a little planning.

Good luck to everyone on their final weigh in this month!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Teri, you were in my state today and I will be in yours tomorrow. Visiting my niece in Brooklyn Park. I might see if I can sneak away and check out SR Harris.
    Good luck, everyone, on your weigh in!

Blog Entries
    Good news for someone! I gained (boo hoo) so I won't be the winner. May I be the first to congratulate the winner and ask his/her secret????
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Quote Originally Posted by crafty-kid View Post
    I did weigh in today...but I just read that it's tomorrow, so I will hope that I'm down even more than today...haha! Hubby and I went on a cycle ride today to Wisconsin and hit up a creamery and I "had" to have a small ice cream. YIKES! Well I will be honest and hope my numbers hold.
    You'll be fine because you biked it all off. That sounds like a fun trip including the ice cream.
    Anna Quilts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Good news for someone! I gained (boo hoo) so I won't be the winner. May I be the first to congratulate the winner and ask his/her secret????
    No fun. I hope next month will be better for you. Hang in there. I just had surgery and for the 2 days following I gained close to 7 lbs in one day. I looked like the good year blimp with pokey legs and arms as my belly was so distended. Fortunately today I am back to preop weight and I hope it stays this way or goes back to loosing.
    Anna Quilts

Pam...SR Harris is a great place! There is a much cleaner one and organized down in the south side of the cities. I went there once!

Anna Quilts....we weren't on bikes, sat on a motorcycle, so not exercising, but still fun!!!!

Today was my weigh in and back to a full day of work....I did both and during my lunch (longer than normal, because of it was a training day) I walked in the heat. I will somehow have to find time in my mornings to walk...it was a bit too hot and sticky. I can't do that once school starts, I was a sweaty mess and the kids like to give hugs. haha
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Quote Originally Posted by crafty-kid View Post

Anna Quilts....we weren't on bikes, sat on a motorcycle, so not exercising, but still fun!!!!
    LOL Ooops I think I knew but I am still a bit out of it, pain meds. It actually sounds like even more fun.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I carry a water bottle around with me all day at school. I just have a hard time refilling it. The kids are allowed to bring water bottles when it gets this hot. We encourage them to drink often. Several students came in long sleeves and long pants today. Not sure where the parents are. They sometimes come in shorts or skirts when it is really cold.
    No exercise for me today, too tired. I came home, had a big glass of ice water and took a 15 minute nap. I felt much better afterwards.
    My little kindergadener wasn't too bad today. Her mom(aunt) always makes excuses when she misbehaves. We praised her a lot for her behavior. Mom must have given her the proper meds this morning, I was told mom adjusts them herself. She was still a handful but a lot better. I am sure they would never test her for food allergies mom thinks she is perfect. She was born very early and died 2x and was revived in the hospital. Half of her problem is she is spoiled rotten and runs the house. Her mom and dad are both very schitzophrenic. Hopefully I can get her under control.

Blog Entries
    The winner for August is Crafty Kid with a loss of 10 pounds. Congratulations!

Excellent job, Crafty Kid. That's a perfect amount for a long month.

Congrats, Crafty Kid! You're awesome!

Thanks!!!!! I am happy with that weight loss. Call it beginners luck because it's my first month back at it! I know this month might not be as nice of numbers with the start of school, but who knows! I'm hoping that everyone is happy and healthier day by day!
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

For me, this was the month that Iím going to remember for a very long time and a month of my weight loss success. After all those efforts that I took on my weight loss keeps surprising me each month and finally finished my weight loss program at Harvey Brooker, a men's only weight loss program in Toronto. This program made me realize several things in life that changed my life forever. The first thing, of course, is the amount of dedication and hard work that each one who had to lose weight has to possess. Without these two things nothing is possible I guess. The second thing is that we should never consider food as something that needs to fill our stomach, it is more than that. The only way to realize this is to attend a weight loss program and maintain a healthy eating.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5