Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you hear any screaming and crying from the NW >

Did you hear any screaming and crying from the NW

Did you hear any screaming and crying from the NW

Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

I think you did a great job with the clothes on the floor. Threats don't work and telling them to do it doesn't work because they will do it on their own time when they are ready if they ever do. If they don't want their stuff to be sent away they will pick them up when they should. Do not let them know they are in the laundry room or when they do it next time they know they will eventually get it back so they will not pick it up.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Ahhh, the good old days. :)
When my kids pushed the limits, I pushed back, packed up their stuff and put them in the car so they could help me donate to a shelter. Only had to do this twice (once for each girl :); my son learned from their mistakes).
Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 AM

Good for you.

Many years ago when my kids were teens, they had a clean up request followed by I'll throw out what isn't put away, followed by everything being thrown out the front door onto the lawn. Only had to do it once.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:24 AM

Dont feel bad MOM i did the same thing. And YES follow thru. idle threats never get them to listen. You didnt actually give them away lol I did! I was an evil Mom but it only took once and i never had to repeat myself. I also laid daown rules with a choice. If you do this , this will happen your choice! I followed thru on ALL choices never giving in. Stick to your guns Mom and dont let them get the upper hand, Your doing ok,,,, no need to feel guilty,,,,, they disobeyed not you. I give ya a pat on the back!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Dee

Good for you. Buying back is a great idea. Wish I would of thought of this long ago.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 PM

HeeHee! I changed my name from Mom one time and wouldn't tell them what the new name was. It worked out for about two hours till we all got the giggles when they finally got to goofy names. I just got tired of them yelling, Mom all the time.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Go to Flylady.com and she will give you lots of ideas.

But please realize that these are teenagers, who, on the last day of their 12th year go to bed your darling little girl, but on their 13th birthday, wake up with a mind possessed by aliens. You have to be ring master to these critters and keep a mind trip on them all the time. Some time in the future they will grow up and become rational human beings whom you will love again.

I now love both my daughters, even though in their teens a lot of the time I could not stand either one, and often wished myself lost back in the hills of WV. Alone with a knife, ax and matches.
We told my dd that when she turned thirteen we were leaving town.... We DID.... ok, Baylor Medical Center called the morning of her 13th birthday and they had a match for DH liver transplant. :D but we did leave town :D
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 AM

Good for you...you sometimes need to take actions. MY daughter who is 36 still talks about the time I came into her room...I could hardly walk around. I was tired of telling her to pick up the clothes off of the floor......so I went over to her dresser and emptied all of her clothes out onto the floor.........she is screaming at me MOM what are you doing! I said oh I am just adding to you piles you have already started on the floor, that is where you keep them.
She cleaned her room and it pretty much stayed that way!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I tried to raise my kids well, but one daughter wasn't quite a slob, while the other one was Miss Neatnic herself, even rolled her ankle socks and put them in the drawer divided by color!!

Now she has 3 rescue dogs and even they know that certain things aren't allowed!! Other daughter is a pack rat, but organized and can find anything at a moment's notice.

I'm also a pack rat, believe strongly that everything has its place and everything in its own place. Unfortunately, that rarely translates to the same place all the time. But I love my kids and they all love me, call and visit often and thank me for being kinda strict in raising them.
Nice!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 PM

I renamed myself Princess for the day!!!!

Originally Posted by mshawii
HeeHee! I changed my name from Mom one time and wouldn't tell them what the new name was. It worked out for about two hours till we all got the giggles when they finally got to goofy names. I just got tired of them yelling, Mom all the time.