Favorite Breed

Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Mixed breed is my favorite. They less health problems than so-called pure breeds.
Not always true, I have a mixed breed (Collie/German Shepard) she has had to have two knee surgerys, went blind at 8 and has artritis. She is the exception to the rule.

I love cocker spaniels, but when I lost my mama dog, I can't bring myself to own another one. I also have a weakness for bull dogs, but my husband said if I ever got one he would feed it hormel chili everynight. I think I just love all dogs.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 AM

We rescued a poodle who is nearly blind and was very sick when we got him. He has convinced us that poodles are by far the best. He does not get fleas or ticks because of his thick hair. When wet he does not smell badly. And he is super smart. The vet said we may not have him much longer because of a liver disease. So we treasure every minute with him. If we get another dog it will be a poodle. :-P
Old 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM

I love my Yorkie. She is my faithful companion
Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Mixed breed is my favorite. They less health problems than so-called pure breeds.
I think the best dog I ever had was a mix. He had a little of this, and a little of that, with a dash of something and he was the sweetest pooch. Boots never had health problems until he reached old age, 14. I've had pure breeds, Peks, Shit Tsu, Basset, and Labs over the years and they all seemed to have quarks and health issues. I prefer a mix. Right now I have a Pek, she is a gift from my son. That's Katy in the avatar and she is quarky (maybe she takes after her owner).
Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 AM

At present I have a Min-Pin (Clem) and a Manchester Terrier ( Midnight-aka My Shadow) they are both smart- sweet and lovable. I usually prefer Hienz 57's I had a mixed Chow-Rot-Pit-Blk Lab ( Greta) came in at 165 lb of lap dog. She was so good with kids and very much the MaMa. But I'll take in any needing a loving home
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 AM

mutts are my fave-even better from a shelter
Old 09-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave
I like other breeds but I will always have basset hounds. They have a reputation as lazy, slow, not terribly bright dogs but that is a huge misconception. Now I will admit that my boys have not been the brightest bulbs but the girls constantly keep me on my toes. Huggie Bear is smart as anything and she thinks through tasks. They are stubborn, clever and mischievous and absolute lovebugs. They always make me laugh with their antics.
I absolutely love Bassets. Have had several and miss them terribly. We have a mutt and a Morkie (part Yorkie and part Maltese).
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
KLO

Currently have a Blue Heeler mix and she is a sweetheart but a bit shy and doesn't like crowds. We've had two Cockers and two other mutts/found dogs, one a border collie mix and the other ... well, who the heck knowx. We are looking to get another rescue/mix dog but I am looking for a calmer dog who might help Cheyenne be calmer around crowds. So, yep, mutts mostly for me.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 AM

We used to have German Shepherds but I prefer a smaller lap dog now that I am retired. Because I have a grandson with dog and cat allergies, I'm trying to find a hypoallergenic dog, maybe a Bichon, something not too hyper.

Can't say that I have a fave, tho my favorite pet as a child was a cocker spaniel who was my constant companion.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM

It's devastating when another animal kills one of your babies, had that happen to me back in May (14 yr old cat). Then he tried to put the blame on me.

I had a half mini-poodle, half whatever, that looked like a long haired chi. give up on spelling, he was by far the best little dog I have ever owned and I've had several since then.
Think the two I have now may be my last, that's up to God, I seem to get found alot!