Female bladder surgery

Old 05-21-2010, 04:03 PM

Hi I have a dropped bladder, no dripping, but pain if I lift over 10 lbs. I am self employed and lifting is a big part of my life. I heard you can never lift again after the surgery. I have to work.
Right now I am living with the pain, feels like a 10 lb baby laying on the bottom. Have you any restrictions?? Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
would be interested in answers, too

doggone nuisance

one thing quits dripping and another starts
I laughed so hard I fell off my chair. Yes, I have the same problem, but I have been told nothing is wrong. Yea right.LOL
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM

Hi - I have the bladder "sling" and have had great success with it. I had the incontinence, embarrassing dripping, etc. Tried the pills, they got expensive, so went with the surgery. Recovery practically non-existent, had catheter for a couple days and that was that! Very happy with results. Is that what you
were asking for?!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:04 PM

I am glad to tell about my female bladder surgery, which was done in 2001. It was, in fact, a double surgery.
The Bladder Surgery I have been thankful many many times that I had done. At the time, I was just noticing a small leakage when laughing, ect. I had it done almost 9 years ago, and I might have a little problem once in awhile, but not like if I never had it done.
My sister knew she should have been having it done, but didn't. She has told me she wished she had had it done, as she has to wear a Kotex now as the leakage is so bad.
If you have it done, talk to the surgeon about stitching as much as possible, so you never have this problem again. My Urologist and the Gynecologist both assured me they "stitched and stitched," and highly doubted I would ever have any problem, enough to have the surgery again.
I do take a Detrol at night. It isn't so much for the bladder problem as it is that I just don't wake up when I need to go to the b.r. I get the Detrol from Free Medicine, which is available to a lot of people--they just don't know about it. Just go to Free Medicine .com, or something like it. If you don't find it, just let me know, and I will send further information.
If you want any further info. about the surgery or anything connected with it, just send a pm.
Mariah
Kansas
Old 05-21-2010, 07:42 PM

I had the surgery about 15 years ago (it may have been a different method of surgery then) I had no problem with recovery, was back to work in about 3 weeks. However, it didn't last on me, I am over weight and that might be the cause. I am now 70 and I don't know if I want to go thru it again. They did tell me up front that it is not always successful but I wanted to take the chance. Good Luck.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Banned

I know what you mean, but for some reason I oppted out of the bladder surgery when I had my historectomy. don't know why. I had three children also. sorry no help at all. God bless. Penny
Old 05-23-2010, 06:20 AM

had it years ago. it's nothing. it will make your life more lineable. there are pills also. speak to your doctor to see if he will put you in touch with others who have had the surgery.
ceegee :lol:
Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 AM

I just read the new copy of Women's World magazine
May 31 issue.
On page 16 it has a little article about this problem.
It says "there's a new nonsurgical option called Renessa. It uses radio frequencies to tighten the muscles around the bladder. 70% of the patients who get it are cured or see improvements in their symptoms. It's done in a doctor's office without incision, under local anesthesia, and only takes 15-20min.".
Sounds hopeful.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 AM

I don't have advise but am beginning to have some of the problems that many of you have spoken of. I appreciate your opening this up for discussion and I hope you have a great outcome.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

I am supposedly not bad enough for any surgery... i take Vesi-care and it helps a lot. still wear thin pads daily though and have for years. I had only one child.