Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: June weight loss

Irishrose, what a pretty wedding. Attractive couple and love the style of the dresses and the colors, the green ties and how the purple and lavender flowers look so pretty against the colors of the dresses.

Kalama, it was my understanding that a full time caretaker of small children or elderly could be excused from jury duty. I certainly hope so. This might be a long stretch, but I wonder if your mom's doctor's office could write a letter stating that she can't be left alone. Good luck with this. I agree with Pam, bring your mom to show you really can't serve! This is crazy.

Well, I did awful for the month of June, so here's to a fresh start for July.

June was a roller coaster for my weight. Ended up finishing same as I started. Gained 6, lost 8, gained 2. Why do I do this to myself? I would swear sometimes I have pms and can't seem to stop eating. Had a hysterectomy in 2006 so I doubt that it is. Sometimes I feel like I am on steroids and just can't seem to be satisfied with anything I eat.
    Today I am having tooth pain in a tooth I had a crown put on last August. The fun never ends.

I'm with you Pam ..... if I could count all the weight I lost, it would be wonderful; but unfortunately I'm on a jumping jack, losing, gaining, losing, and gaining .... frustrating!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I wasn't down much but I managed to lose 1.6 lbs. in June. Could have been more , but I've had a lot of drama and stress and I tend to eat more when I'm upset. Hopefully, July will be a calmer month! haha Hope you all have a fun and safe 4th of July. We are going across town to my brother's house. More food! haha

Blog Entries
    Keep those iced tea glasses filled, everyone. We are celebrating our nation's freedom and a chance to see our friends and family. It doesn't have to an opportunity to overeat. My body told me it doesn't like to be overstuffed. How 'bout yours? I had a friend who tried to teach me to eat only three bites of a high calorie treat. She said after that, it all tastes the same. It really didn't work for me then, but I'm ready to try again.

I climbed on a ladder (don't tell my health care providers) and put my design wall back up. I put up the first blocks of the batik quilt. It is a WOW! Now I want to work harder on it. Scrappy is going to be fine. I just need to remember to use enough lights, which I don't have a lot of in batiks. I will have to repeat the creamy blending ones. Pinks won't do for this male. Lilacs, maybe.

Irishrose, are you hinting that those batiks have inspired you to stay on the downward side of your scale? I'm hoping my scale will only show losses in July ..... so maybe I'll have to borrow your design wall .... LOL
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Lovely wedding party, irishrose. Also love the green ties on the groom and best man, nice touch.

Blog Entries
    The funny thing is I was there and didn't notice the green ties until I saw this picture in this size. The groom is very interested in his Irish heritage and has been to Ireland twice, plus it was St Patrick's Day week. I think all the ties were green - just not as bright as my two GSs'. The best man's light red hair stuck out a bit - gee, I wonder where he gets it from. That one is in medical school. The groom is into humanitarian issues and will have a degree in that area when his health allows. Extremely diabetic - a virus attacked his pancreas after he had the flu when he was a teen.

Mary, I hope this quilt will be done before the winner for July is announced and I seriously doubt I will be a contender having lost quite a bit (for me) in June, but the word 'batik' still makes me sign up. Did I say I have an obsession? I have changed my mind on how I'm choosing the colors to go together in the 1/4 circle blocks. Instead of being hung up on light/dark, I think I will just look for contrast so I can use a red/black, etc. I don't think I want it 50% light. Aren't design walls wonderful?

Prayers for all our holiday travelers. My son will be on the road today and a little tomorrow - 13 1/2 hours from his jobsite to home. And I have an hour's drive (in good traffic) into a tourist area to go to the doctor tomorrow. The Traverse City Cherry festival starts this weekend so the traffic will be terrible. My friend who is driving my car isn't concerned - he is a very calm person - just what I need, so we'll be fine.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. I guess it's time to start posting in July. See you there.

Blog Entries
    A couple of days late ........ the winner is Purl with a loss of 9.4 pounds. Congratulations. That is awesome. There were a lot of losses in June. Everyone keep up the good work. I will mail the FQ out tomorrow or Tuesday. Purl will be receiving 13 FQ. I can't wait to see what you make with them.
    We got home at 11:00 last night. I was going to figure out the winner while I watched the news. I fell asleep with my computer on my lap.

Congratulations, Purl!! That is an awesome loss!!

Congrats Purl, isn't it great to walk around without that 9.4 lbs.? Keep up the good work!

Congratulations Purl! So proud for you. It's so exciting to receive that package in the mail with all those lovely fat quarters. I need to get my motivation back and get with it!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6