Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! Are you wearing green?

Some of you people really get up early. Hubby was up early but Mom had gotten up a lot during the night so I wanted to sleep/rest in for awhile. No dice - Mom was having one of those spells "this is not my room, this is not my walker, those are not my clothes" So after awhile I got her to go back to bed, hoping to rest myself, but I decided to eat breakfast instead. So I am up for the day.

blondeslave - good for you. YOU GO GIRL!!! I just got 1/2 way to my goal for month and feeling good about it.

irishrose - hoping the weather stays nice here and there. My SIL's are coming to ND for daughter's college graduation in April. We have had some bad storms in April, so the prayers are going up.

My steady is Ragu Alfredo Sauce. I have putting a little on the beans, salads and such that I have been eating. It's on sale this week and I found that they also have a lite version. So I feel like I'm treating myself while watching what goes into my mouth.

purplemen - I will have to get some parsley when I go to the grocery store. Haven't tried it yet.

Hope all have a great "GREEN" day.
Di
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 AM

Here's a little joke for today....

Why should you never iron a four-leaf clover?

You don't want to press your luck!

I just finished a 3.25 mile walk and am sweating more than I ever have in my life. My treadmill says that I burned 402 calories. Now to try to keep from getting a migraine from being overheated. Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 AM

Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick's day!!
I am going to be "bad" tonight and have some Corned Beef and Cabbage. Daughter is making Irish Brown Bread ( I will probably skip that) and bringing Irish Beer. I hardly drink anything but I like Killian's Irish Red beer and may have one. I only get it once or twice a year. I had lots of veggies with my eggs this morning and have some beans and some soup packed so that I will eat a good low-cal lunch. This is our "UFO" weekend with my friends at church. I was there 5-11 last night and will be heading over in a few minutes to sew until 3. I usually get more done sewing at home but it is fun to get together with friends and work on projects. That and we are so good at helping each other out with sandwiching our quilts and picking colors and quilting designs. Last night we had a smaller group, there were only 9 of us. There will be less today. Sometimes we have up to 15 - 17 ladies. Not everyone quilts but we do enjoy getting together.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 PM

I have been MIA........sorry ladies. This has been a busy crazy month for me. I have not made it to the post office to see who has sent in their FQ's. It will be wednesday before I can get there. I am also bad about mailing out last months winnings. I will mail them on Wednesday when I go check the PO BOX. I am so sorry for falling behind.

Keep up the good work ladies. I will read up when I have some time.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Cindy we are just happy you are running all of this for us. We all get really busy. THanks. I worked at the school carnival all day. I got there at 9 and just got home at 6. I need a nap.THe kids all had a really good time. I worked at a ring toss booth all day. It was a lot of bending over to pick up the rings. I hope my legs and back aren't too sore tomorrow. I was right near the pizza all day. It smelled so wonderful. I resisted it all day. I brought my own lunch. I brought leftovers home for my husband and son. I made a chicken and veggie stir fry. I just hope I can stay out of it the rest of the night. We are going to a friends to play poker tonight. I hope they don't have any of my favorites there. I am trying to behave myself. WOW over 3 miles walking that is good. Everyone keep working on it. Any loss is a good loss. We are all learning to eat healthier.
Pat
Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM

The lake is open. The ice is gone and kids were wading at the beach. Brave souls. The lake was still ice at 10:30 this morning and now it's water with the sunlight sparkling on it.

Yesterday I was all but paralyzed and today I walked two miles. The joys of autoimmune diseases. Lupus is always worse in the spring - the rest are pretty much year round. My weight skyrocked, too - even my face is bloated. Okay, enough whining.

Today is all I have and I will live it to the fullest whether I weigh 140 pounds or 201 pounds. I am still me and I need to act like me. Do my thoughts and behaviors match? I hope so. (Most of the time.)

Anyone collect vintage quilts? There is a plaid homespun one at the antique store for a whopping $48. Various colors of what look like Ohio Stars. Not my genre. I like brights, though I do have the GFG my grandmother made for me on a ladder in the living room.

Off to church for another Lenten dinner and study. I made a pineapple upside down cake and, for me, a gluten free impossible coconut pie. Eggs and milk are good for me. LOL.

Have a good evening.
Judy
Old 03-18-2012, 01:32 PM

I've made my goal of losing 5 pounds this week! That is a big plus. but the best news was how little insulin I had to take. I love this! I plan to continue on this diet for a while, but Woman's World mag this week has "The Daniel Fast" as their diet of the week. If you are a veggie lover this is the diet for you. Unlimited whole grains, fruits and veggies and only water to drink, but the pounds fall off. My SIL just lost 20 lbs on this in 3 weeks. The featured person lost even more in the mag.

There are several books and magazine articles about The Daniel Fast. If you are looking for a jump-start, this might be the answer.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM

I am interested to hear how the Woman's World dieters are doing! You'll have to keep us tuned in to what issue the diet is in so we can buy it.

Did you fix your quilt back JimsGem? I hate it when I do stuff like that! Sounds like you have a fun group to quilt with at church. We didn't go to the outlets on Friday after all. We picked up my friend's daughter who goes to school at Channel Islands on our way to Carpinteria but had shopped at the consignment sale too long so no more time for shopping.

Have any of you heard of Design on a Dime Consignment sales? They put on big sales several times a year & I went to one on Friday. I got a few things- some jeans from Chicos (Chico's jeans fit me well) & 3 different tops that were new with the tags still on. The prices were ok- not as low as I thought they would be. It was fun though & I would go again.

I decided to take 1 day a week & not count calories. I had several people over for dinner last night for my husband's bday so that was my not counting day! I made a new recipe for dessert called Strawberry Upsidedown cake & was it ever good! Easy too- I love to cook but have never been known for my baking skills! Back on track today.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM

Will you post the recipe for those of us who bake for non dieters? The pineapple upside down cake I made today was the usual brown sugar and butter, but I have a strawberry rhubarb one that use strawberry jello, butter and marshmallows for the upside down base. People love that one and it's so pretty. I bet my rhubarb will be early this year. Goofy weather.

MJ, I read the about the Daniel Fast in WW. I can give up meat for a while, but tea? and chocolate? I can do all things through Him who strengths me. Is it time for me to put my food plan where my mouth is? I am having enough trouble dealing with the thing I gave up for Lent, but the timing is right for this. Three weeks. I just ran out of my favorite teabags. Am I being hit over the head?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Hi all, please don't worry about mailing concerns, I'm so glad you're doing all the footwork to keep this challenge going. I'm down another 1# this week Yeah! I don't mind having the weight come off slowly as long as it comes off.
Thanks for parsley & lite Kens dressing tips. I too really like dressing on my salads. Right now I'm making my own with Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, Italian seasonings & EVOO. I got a new bottle of EVOO w/a pour spout and you count to measure. I noticed I'm using less in my dressings with that easy pour spout. I'm sold on it. Made my chicken w/tarragon last nite and only ate 1/2 so have supper ready to tonite. I like when I can get 2 or more meals from my effort. When I cook a recipe for 4, I found it so much easier to measure out the 4 servings and put 2 in freezer and then I don't have to cook every day. Does anyone else living alone have tricks/tips to help w/meals and lose weight?
Our Duluth weather was so warm we broke records. Fire dept had to rescue an ice house that broke free on St Louis River before it got to Lake Superior. They were afraid someone was inside and riding the river. Thankfully, empty and ice house is ok too! This is usually not a concern up here until mid April. Our flowers are up. We really only had 1 wk of winter so far. So spring fever is biting me bad and I didn't get my blankets finished. So will make one today and if I ever figure out how to take pics etc I'll show you what I've been up to. I love, love the "I Love Snow" flannel. So fun for a Feb. baby. Can't wait til Sat to give it to his folks at the baby shower. We're expecting 35-50 and I'm bringing veggies and lemon bars. All his great aunties wanted to wait until he was born before having a shower so we could hold him. It's my brother's 1st grandkid and he is so excited and asked if he could come too so shower turned into everyone come & celebrate. Much more fun I think. Well, gotta get off here and get to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!