Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Good day everyone. Out of town so didn't get to post much. Yes, Irish, I was at Boyne. Didn't know Caberfe was even there until my other DD went there with friends on Sunday. They really liked it. And yes, it was warm. DD and DSIL skiied 3 days. The weather was so nice, we had the baby out in only his shirtsleeves. Spent lots of time with him, he got to know us a little better and likes us a little better. He is a blast.
Now, for the bad part. I only weigh myself on Saturdays, not daily. I have been averaging 2# per week. Down 18# since I started this some time in February. While we were at Boyne, I thought I was doing OK, didn't want to ruin my vacation by depriving myself too much. I figured I would put on a couple of pounds and be set back a week or two, but thought it would be worth it. I gained 9#. WHY DOES IT COME OFF SO HARD AND BACK ON SO EASY? I am so mad at myself. OK, this is a new week. So I started it off good. Beautiful day outside, didn't want to be in the office, but what choice do I have. At my lunch (salad) quickly, then drove to the "Diamond Trail" and walked the 1 mile track at a quick pace. Heart pounding and I feel GREAT!! I hope I can talk myself into that at least 2 or 3 times a week. Eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk food! Sounds good!
Happy loosing to all.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 AM

Buslady, sounds like some of that gain is water weight. Did you consume a lot of salty foods? That will make you hold the water and look like you have gained weight. Drink lots of water and keep an eye on your salt consumption.

I did get my quilt back fixed. It was in corner so I did end up having to take out about 8 inches of my decorative stitches (had to borrow a friends reading glasses so I could see the stitches, maybe it't time for me to get a pair for un-sewing) I evened up the cut part to a rectangle. Sewed a new piece to the longer edge and since is was a very busy fabric and you will never see the repair without really searching hard I just folded up the raw edge on the shorter side and sewed close to the folded edge to secure to backing fabric. I will probably just put the label over that area anyway. You can't see the repair, if you ran your fingers along it, you can feel it. Glad to get it fixed. Today I need to get the binding made and sewn on, then pull out the embroidery unit and make the label.
I have another wedding on the 14th of April that I have to finish the quilt for. I have the top done and sandwiched, it just needs quilting and binding.
I was bad this weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday for dinner I had Corned Beef and cabbage. A little more fatty meat than I have eaten in a while. I'm not stepping on the scale today. I do see my Endocrinologist on Thursday,(right after I see my Orthopedic) she will weigh me in and I will have a good total since Thanksgiving.
We slept in this morning and I did not make it to my Aqua Aerobics class. I have a Podiatrist Apt at 1:30. Will find out next step in my foot problems. Since DH is a pastor, he regularly takes Monday's off. It is really hard for me to get up and out to class when he is still home here in bed, so I stayed with him. We had a "winter storm" pass thru here this weekend and so it was still really cold this morning and I did not want to get out of my nice warm bed.
I hope to get some more sewing in today. Need to get that binding done and also may try to finish up a quilt for a young friend (used to date my son) who will be taking care of the dogs for us this weekend. It would be really cool if I could have her quilt done for her when she comes by on Friday to feed the dogs. We'll see.......
Have a great day everyone. Make wise food choices!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Buslady, sorry to hear about the gain. Try adding some lemon to your water to get rid of some of that water weight. At least you had a nice time with your DGS.
Gayle, sounds like you did a fine job fixing your quilt. Good for you.
I found a kind of dressing that I really like. Bolthouse. It is made with yogurt and has low calories. I have only tried the ranch but I really like it and it has no msg. It is in the refrigerator section by Marie's dressing.
I went to a birthday party yesterday. There was a lot of "bad" food but a few healthy things. I did have a piece of 1 of the cakes. It was amazing with a brownie crust, cheesecake, chocolate, caramel and nuts. Oh my! I am eating healthy and losing weight!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM

Pam H the birthday cake sounds devine. I have given up chocolate for Lent and haven't had any for a while. The weather here is really warm for this time of year. It was 83 today a new record. It is a lot warmer than usual. I am loving it, except it is making for an early allergy season. I left windows open all night last night. I'm not sure if I have ever left windows open at night in March before. THe only thing wrong with the windows open is the neighbors dog. It barks and barks and barks. It has for years. It has been barking nonstop for over an hour. It is driving me nuts. It is a KIng Arthur Spaniel I think. They take good care of him, he is spoiled. I don't know why he barks so much. It is hard to relax after work with all the noise.
I am on one of the WW diets right now. I am not allowed to discuss the details but so far it is working really well. I'm not sure how long I could actually follow it because I like a little more variety. I will follow it this week and maybe another week or 2 and see how good the results are. I will let you know more details when I am allowed.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:18 PM

I can't wait to hear how much everyone loses on their diets and also all the details of the diets.
I have a pot of Too Good to be True Stew simmering on the stove. I have made it every week since I heard about it. I don't really like cooking much so this way I can go a few days without cooking. My husband told me the other day that he never gets tired of eating it. I'll second that!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 PM

Taboo Tues. Posting a little early tonight. Will not be on long and not sure when I will be able to get on tomorrow. This weeks taboo is no ice cream. Also here is a website you might like to look at www.AmIHungry.com. I have just looked at a few pages. Hope it is ok. I think it will be ..... it went along with this years TOPS program.
Hope everyone has a great week losing those unwanted pounds!!!! Remember even though I eat in private my excess poundage is there for all the world to see. Hope that was ok to say..... that is part of the TOPS pledge for those that aren't familar with TOPS.
Pam S

Last edited by Pam 304; 03-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Ah, MJ, that's a great weight loss plus the nine inches. Wow! Do you have to submit before and after pictures? I can do this one. I just need to cut down on my sugar comsumption and I'm there.

Buslady, I hope quick on equals quick off.

Another record breaking heat day, but if I get out my summer clothes, it'll go back to normal. I have too much to do outside, but no energy to start it. I won't rake or wake up the flower beds, but I can do other things.

I found something interesting at the natural food store today. Buckwheat cereal meant to be served hot. There is a main dish recipe on the back and a number to call for other recipes. I like buckwheat pancakes - I wonder how it will taste as a cereal. No, buckwheat doesn't have any gluten.

Tomorrow is the first day of spring - time to throw off the negative ideas that keep us from losing weight and embrace the I AM statement. It does sound like everyone is doing well this month - well, almost everyone. Not me for one.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

edit: Everose, I wish your picture were larger. Which one are you? It's nice to see pictures of each other. I posted one last summer, but not as an avatar.

Pam, that's another tough one, but with my weight up I wouldn't have any ice cream this week. I didn't make the bacon. I had bacon bits on my baked potato at a baked potato bar at church last night.

Last edited by irishrose; 03-19-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 AM

I posted yesterday about losing 6 pounds and 9 inches. Then I went and described the diet. I did not give all the details but I gave enough that I could have voided my disclosure agreement...so I asked Patrice to delete my response.

I haven't yet been paid for my participation and I don't want to risk not getting the paycheck as it will cover my much needed new glasses.

I will divulge every detail as soon as I can. That is why the comments are no longer here.

In the meantime, today when I weighed in I'm down another 2 pounds. I think the key is not the diet, but consistency.
With other diets I would wiggle away when they began to get uncomfortable or annoying. With this diet, I had made a commitment to the company I would follow it and I did. So I got results.

Maybe consistency is the key?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
Maybe consistency is the key?
I'm sure of that. You're the one who told us that to diet without a plan is to plan to fail. Whatever program we are following, even one with a feast day, needs to planned and committed to. Is that my problem with these last pounds? My clothes fit and I no longer feel like a chunky monkey, so I don't follow my plan carefully. I can follow the one you deleted - I have in the past and have a book on a program like that. Maybe rereading it will jump start my loss. The Daniel Fast in this week's WW is not for me.

Another beautiful day, though it's causing all kinds of problems - high fire danger and fruit trees budding too soon for two.

Have a great day, everyone.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. Think back a year and compare your health with today. Even if we haven't reached our goals weights, we have all improved our health. I can't believe I'm off my heart meds and blood pressure meds. I AM doing it!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Ah, MJ, that's a great weight loss plus the nine inches. Wow! Do you have to submit before and after pictures? I can do this one. I just need to cut down on my sugar comsumption and I'm there.

Buslady, I hope quick on equals quick off.

Another record breaking heat day, but if I get out my summer clothes, it'll go back to normal. I have too much to do outside, but no energy to start it. I won't rake or wake up the flower beds, but I can do other things.

I found something interesting at the natural food store today. Buckwheat cereal meant to be served hot. There is a main dish recipe on the back and a number to call for other recipes. I like buckwheat pancakes - I wonder how it will taste as a cereal. No, buckwheat doesn't have any gluten.

Tomorrow is the first day of spring - time to throw off the negative ideas that keep us from losing weight and embrace the I AM statement. It does sound like everyone is doing well this month - well, almost everyone. Not me for one.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

edit: Everose, I wish your picture were larger. Which one are you? It's nice to see pictures of each other. I posted one last summer, but not as an avatar.

Pam, that's another tough one, but with my weight up I wouldn't have any ice cream this week. I didn't make the bacon. I had bacon bits on my baked potato at a baked potato bar at church last night.
was it real bacon or just the fake bacon bits? those would be ok.