Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My veggie plot - summer is coming! >

My veggie plot - summer is coming!

My veggie plot - summer is coming!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

[quote=sandpat]
...that is until people started asking if I had stringed and snapped the beans, shelled the peas and shucked the corn! I mean....I DID grow it and pick it for them...want me to eat it for them too???

LOL<LOL>LOL!!!
Round here, anybody that has a garden is glad to share the leftovers, but ya gotta do the picking. That's mighty generous of you, Patti, to do all that, your right...want me to eat it for them too...LOL! i love that!
Please, do, let us see your garden. I love them. I had a couple, years back, but hubby got fussy, about digging up the grass. Then I got older, lol, so I gardened in pots, then started buying at farmers market. Havent' had any to put up in past two years. Still have some green beans and pole beans and squash...i worked my butt off, over those, and like you said, only two of us to eat them, usually.
You guys make me want to go play in the dirt, but got other chicks to hatch :wink:
Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Beetroot chutney is sweet with a hint of sour. I think you call courgette zucchini? I pick them small to fry in butter with garlic and to make soup, and let a few get big, then they're marrows. If you harden the skin in the sun, they keep for ages. You can scoop out the seeds, fill the hole with spicy minced beef and roast them - yum!

K x
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Beetroot chutney is sweet with a hint of sour. I think you call courgette zucchini? I pick them small to fry in butter with garlic and to make soup, and let a few get big, then they're marrows. If you harden the skin in the sun, they keep for ages. You can scoop out the seeds, fill the hole with spicy minced beef and roast them - yum!

K x
K, you are just downright, all round talented! (see my hand on my chest? :wink: )
she pieces and then quilts by hand, she keeps a house and a husband, dog, cat, friendly to neighbors, even 'gifts' them,...huge garden, with all kinds of embellishments, and even looks out for the lizards...much more, and KIDDIES too, sports, parades, school...boy, I wish I had your drive! :D (used to...where'd it go?)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM
k3n
Power Poster

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Now I'm blushing C - I'm nothing special, in fact, I'm a bit of a bore (from?)

K x
Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n

K x
i'm thinking your (from?) means, you didn't get that I was asking where all my energy went! lol!
you, a bore???? LMBO!!! K, you are a silly-billy! your anything but... :wink:
Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 PM

Nice!! I can taste the first tomatoes now!! I do flowers, but hubby does veggies. :wink:
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

K, thanks for the garden tour! I love looking..your backyard must be huge! I'll try to post a pic of my teensy garden tomorrow...it rained here all day. It doesn't want to seem to stop and I need to get in the garden and tie tomatoes..badly need to!!

Its funny how different regions and countries cook the same food so differently. Here in the southern USA...whatever it is you need to cook-its fry it, or you could fry it...then again, you could fry it. :roll: That includes all veggies, meats and fish. :roll: Can you tell by our big buts and bellies?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Its funny how different regions and countries cook the same food so differently. Here in the southern USA...whatever it is you need to cook-its fry it, or you could fry it...then again, you could fry it. :roll: That includes all veggies, meats and fish. :roll: Can you tell by our big buts and bellies?

There's just more of you to love, Patti! :D

K x
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by k3n

K x
i'm thinking your (from?) means, you didn't get that I was asking where all my energy went! lol!
you, a bore???? LMBO!!! K, you are a silly-billy! your anything but... :wink:
The 'from' was because it's a song lyric - wondered if you knew which one! :D
It goes on 'if I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before' ???!!!

K x
Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Izy

But I have a talent, a wonderful thing.............. :wink: