Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My veggie plot - summer is coming! >

My veggie plot - summer is coming!

My veggie plot - summer is coming!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:40 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing.............. :wink:
Because everyone runs a mile, when I start tooooo siiiing!!! :D

K x
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Izy

LOL...me too K, you know my surname, well remember how Hilda used to sing in Corrie...that's exactly like me, high pitched and off key..... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: BUT I sound GREAT to me!! :D
Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
LOL...me too K, you know my surname, well remember how Hilda used to sing in Corrie...that's exactly like me, high pitched and off key..... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: BUT I sound GREAT to me!! :D
Yup! I've just been planting some red perlargoniums in window boxes - that's practically the law around here! And giving them my rendition of 'Bobby McGee' - somewhere between Janis Joplin and Kermit the Frog! :wink:

K x
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
K, thanks for the garden tour! I love looking..your backyard must be huge! I'll try to post a pic of my teensy garden tomorrow...it rained here all day. It doesn't want to seem to stop and I need to get in the garden and tie tomatoes..badly need to!!

Its funny how different regions and countries cook the same food so differently. Here in the southern USA...whatever it is you need to cook-its fry it, or you could fry it...then again, you could fry it. :roll: That includes all veggies, meats and fish. :roll: Can you tell by our big buts and bellies?
Now Patti, you are are being a silly-billy, cause i seen your pic, and you got a cute figger too, but you are so right about southern ppl...fry, fry, fry! I try not to so much anymore, but every once in a while...oh, some good ole fried chicken and tater salad, or, one of my favorites, - catfish fillets!
I do think southern ppl would dip and fry just about anything. K, you could walk thru a fair or flea market here, and your bound to find something battered, fried, and a stick in it...just be careful, ya never know if it was something trying to crawl past, and like a cat, they just jumped on it! :shock: :lol:
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by k3n
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Now I'm blushing C - I'm nothing special, in fact, I'm a bit of a bore (from?)

K x
i'm thinking your (from?) means, you didn't get that I was asking where all my energy went! lol!
you, a bore???? LMBO!!! K, you are a silly-billy! your anything but... :wink:
The 'from' was because it's a song lyric - wondered if you knew which one! :D
It goes on 'if I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before' ???!!!

K x
I have to admit, you've got me stumped!

I'm nothing special, in fact, I'm a bit of a bore,
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before....

ok, give me next line, but so far my bell ain't ringing :D

edit: ok, just heard you and Izy singing a bit more, lol...bet you both sound better than your saying :wink:
(quilters are mult-talented)
perlagoniums...like that word,....must go look it up, don't think we have those, unless we call them something else.
wow, window boxes, your place sounds so cute! what color are they going to be?

I'm nothing special, in fact, I'm a bit of a bore,
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing,
Because everyone runs a mile, when I start tooooo siiiing!!!

would go play it, on one of those web sites, but they put so many cookies on your pc, and mine is slower'n a turtle now!
LOL...I can't tell a joke, but I can hum in the shower,...being backwards is my specialty :wink:
Old 05-07-2009, 05:05 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Pelargoniums are often (wrongly!) called geraniums - sorry, I'm a bit of a botany snob! The window boxes are terracotta and the pelargoniums are red!

The song is Abba - Thank You For the Music! And the real lyric is 'everyone listens when I start to sing!'

K x
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Pelargoniums are often (wrongly!) called geraniums - sorry, I'm a bit of a botany snob! The window boxes are terracotta and the pelargoniums are red!

The song is Abba - Thank You For the Music! And the real lyric is 'everyone listens when I start to sing!'

K x
I thought that sounded like our geraniums...so, lol, why is that wrooong?
I used to have red ones, and loved them. Hubby mows everything if I don't put little fences around them. Think I am gonna get me some. I gotta break him of that habit. He likes for yard to be all square and straight lines. Me? I like a dab of different colors, all over! :D
Old 05-07-2009, 05:25 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Well, it's not really WRONG since most people call them that buuut (hrmm hrmm, clears throat, prepares to lecture!) BOTANICALLY speaking, geraniums are in fact a hardy perennial, common name, cranesbill NOT the plants I just put out which are BOTANICALLY speaking, pelargoniums! End of lecture! Here's a link if you're really interested, otherwise just ignore me and go on calling them geraniums like most of the rest of the planet, except saddo know it alls like me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelargonium

K x

PS Try landmines to keep Kenny off your flowers - I guarantee he'd only mow over 'em once!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Well, it's not really WRONG since most people call them that buuut (hrmm hrmm, clears throat, prepares to lecture!) BOTANICALLY speaking, geraniums are in fact a hardy perennial, common name, cranesbill NOT the plants I just put out which are BOTANICALLY speaking, pelargoniums! End of lecture! Here's a link if you're really interested, otherwise just ignore me and go on calling them geraniums like most of the rest of the planet, except saddo know it alls like me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelargonium

K x

PS Try landmines to keep Kenny off your flowers - I guarantee he'd only mow over 'em once!
I was really interested:
Pelargonium (pronounced /ˌpɛlɑrˈɡoʊniəm/)[1] is a genus of flowering plants which includes about 200 species of perennials, succulents, and shrubs, commonly known as geraniums or storksbills. Confusingly, Geranium is the correct botanical name of a separate genus of related plants often called Cranesbills. Both genera are in the Family Geraniaceae. Linnaeus originally included all the species in one genus, Geranium, but they were later separated into two genera by Charles L’Héritier in 1789. Gardeners sometimes refer to the members of Genus Pelargonium as "pelargoniums" in order to avoid the confusion, but the older common name "geranium" is still in regular use. wikipedia/source

Land mines...like wile e. coyote and roadrunner...LOL, ironically, that is what I call him - roadrunner. Now that's idea, I think one of us can live with, lol! :wink:
Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Well what I always say C is everything is interesting if you're interested!

K x