Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 10-06-2013, 06:41 AM

Good morning ladies. We are small group this month.

Men seem too lose weight so much easier than we do.

Keep up the good work.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Good morning ladies. We are small group this month.
Wish we were smaller! Haha, couldn't help myself.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 AM

too small a group not many FQ's for the winner....lol

I agree with you on a smaller group bigger chance of winning the pot.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

Tonight has been a down pour of rain. Smells so fresh though. It's been a lazy day. Any one working on some Christmas projects?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 PM

I am working on a Christmas present tonight. I am making a fleece blanket for my SonIL. It is Packer fleece. Feels good on my lap while I am tying it since it is pretty chilly here.
Drove to Iowa for the weekend to visit my mom. I can see that she is not getting around as well as she used to. It's good that she lives in a tri-level house because the only exercise she gets is going up and down the stairs to the bathroom and then to bed. She spent the summer sitting and reading. I wish she would realize that she needs to do a little exercising to keep her mobility. She had a pulmonary embolism several years ago and says that it hurts her legs to walk very far.
Did anyone watch the Ellen show on friday? The couple that had their house made over for the HGTV cousins show is from the town where I grew up. It was strange to hear them say Panora, IA on tv. I really didn't like what they did with the house. Oh well.
I've been having migraines everyday with this low pressure front hanging over us. We need the rain but I sure am tired of the headaches.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:42 AM

I finally finished quilting the boarders for my newest Grand son's quilt. today I will try and get the binding on. He is only 9 1/2 months......
I also quilted 2 small quilts for my 3rd daughter's classroom. She got her first full-time teaching position this year. She is a TK (Transitional Kindergarten) teacher. Basically the kids who are still 4 and didn't turn 5 before October 2. These 28 kids are all going to be 5 before December 2. She would have preferred older kids (4th or 5th grade) but this is where she is. I made 2 quilts for her reading corner.
I also got one other lap size quilt quilted that is going to be donated to our guild. I got all the bindings cut last night and hope to get them on the quilts by machine today and then hand sewn this week.
I had been avoiding my machine. It still has 2 - 1/4" lines coming down across the screen. The part won't be available until the end of the year. It was making me depressed just thinking about it. But I had been playing games on the computer so much that I am having issues with pain in my elbow. It doesn't bother me as much to sew. Guess I should do some sewing and stop playing LOTRO!
I hope to get started on some fall garden stuff today. I bought some spinach, snow peas, pole beans and kale plants to put in the ground as well as broccoli, 3 kids of lettuce, spinach, green onion, kale and snow pea seeds I want to sew. We have very mild winters around here. I have never done a fall/winter garden but thought I would try. My tomatoes did not do well this year, we had a cold, foggy summer and they did not like that, Neither did the zucchini and yellow squash plants. I still have peppers producing though.
It was 92 degrees or hotter the last 3 days. Today is supposed to be only 82 and maybe some rain by Wednesday. That would be great. We had the Santa Ana's blowing over the weekend and everything is bone dry!

Looks like I am 13 weeks and craving pickles. Hey that sounds good. Maybe I will have a pickle later....

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM

I mailed my FQ today. I agree I wish we were a group of smaller people instead of a small group. I need to get started on my Christmas projects but I haven't yet. I have a baby quilt I am making for a customer that only needs the borders quilted and binding. The quilt I made for my GS needs binding and I need to make a baby quilt for my niece. I was thinking of doing something with HST's. My DS wants a tetris quilt. They actually go pretty fast I made one several years ago. I was going to make my DIL a professional tote but if I don;t get to it I have other ideas. I also planned to make my DD and SIL a quilt, all for Christmas. There is a good chance my DD is going to get a bag of fabric. Life just keeps getting in the way of my quilting.
DD and the grandkids are on their way so probably no quilting again tonight. What I really need is a nap.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
too small a group not many FQ's for the winner....lol

I agree with you on a smaller group bigger chance of winning the pot.
Smaller waistlines (I'm not going to give up!) - not smaller group. The more friends the better. You all give me so much inspiration and hope.

I'm on my way to the gym now. I give credit to my DH, he is usually better about making himself exercise but we both need to improve eating habits. And I know if I don't keep moving my joints are SO going to freeze up on me.

Prayers to the many on this thread that need them.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Somehow I missed signing up this month and guess what ? I'm gaining weight. My candy tooth is working overtime. I need to get all the candy out the house.

I am waiting for a roofer so I can sign the contract. I finally found one that 1) came when he said he would, 2) gave me an estimate in a timely fashion and 3) had a reasonable price. I am going to have a pretty red metal roof. Woohoo!

Has anyone made stuffed green peppers with chicken instead of beef? I'll let you know how they turn out.

Working on? That same quilt I have been expanding for a friend. I actually am working on it today. If I don't get off it the machine, then I can't do anything fun so I AM doing it.

My daughter may get a bag of fabric, too. With a family of 40 to have gifts for, I can't get too involved in a quilt at Christmas.

Have a great day, y'all.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Well at the request of my PCP, I saw a podiatrist today for my feet, only because I am diabetic. Finally got a great report on something. He told me I don't have the feet of a diabetic they are in great shape. I told him I get regular pedicures and he asked if they cut my nails also. I said yes, and they have even gotten out a few hang nails as they were just starting.

It is nice to get a good report on some things in my health no matter how small.

Yes I want to see a smaller waist instead of a smaller group.

I am working on some commitments that I need to have finished prior to mom's surgery on Nov 1st. I have a table runner to complete the binding on, then can mail it off. Need to finish a doll quilt in fall them that is late, will get that done and ready to go, and last but not least the boom swap, have about 14 blocks to complete to send off.

I also want to make a quilt for my DS & DIL, will probably not happen in time for christmas, maybe their 4th anniversay in June. May make a small one for their little 4 legged baby Jayden, she is part chihuahua part poodle.

Irish----if you want to send in a FQ you can. We all need the support