Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Our "son" is getting married...  HELP >

Our "son" is getting married... HELP

Our "son" is getting married... HELP

Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 PM

How sweet!
Tips
#1: Have fun.
#2: Tell him how happy you are to be his Alaska mom and dad.
#3: Feed the people.
#4: Take pix.
#5: Tell them you'll start on a baby quilt for them. The "kids" hate that kind of talk but it's your duty to say it fifty times before the day is through.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Teacup, dakotamaid, sharonb, & pookie ookie,Thanks so much for all you caring advice :thumbup:

All great thoughts and I will need to get names and numbers for his friends that will be in attendance. I can't believe this is happening, way too cool!!!

My husband & I went out for dinner and all we talked about is how thrilled we are for Dan, and that he loves us like he does. Gee I won't be able to lift my arm to get into anything pretty. I'll need to talk to Dan about that.

To bed for us before too long tomorrow is pre op for me. Also I do thank you for your thoughts & prayers.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 PM

Take care of YOU! Yes it's wonderful to be there for others.....but you need to carefully think about your own health too.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 AM

When I was mother of the groom...a dear friend gave me the best advice...she said "Wear beige, smile and nod" rofl

LOVE IT.

Margie
Old 02-11-2010, 05:14 AM

How awesome is that?
I know you are so honored to do this for him.
Just relax, TRY not to stress and have a great time.
Oh yes....don't forget pictures!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 AM

I am sorry your having surgery but honestly this is a ceramony of love, not getting into anything pretty? DONT BE SILLY. Its not about what you wear, shoot those kids are "in love" remember that? Not .. loving eachother but. IN LOVE.. you could wear a potato sack and no one would recall it later. He loves you so just be happy and do not over do yourself. The day and event will take care of itself. Keeping it simple is ok. Be good to YOU and you will find you have that much more to offer with a smile than with tears of sweat and pain. Congratulations on this wonderful family event. Timing is not too good but life happens that way.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 AM

Two things.

1. Delegate.

2. Costco
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 AM

So here I sit in the back of my Expedition waiting to meet Dan's sweetie. Got to my husbands work (since I have pre ops today) Up @ 4:30 am. I have many questions for her. This will be a first for us so it is really huge and such an honor. My sweetie couldn't sleep all night :shock: :lol: :roll: Poor guy! I slept great until Sunshine (my pup that sleeps with me) woke me up @ 2:17 am...ugh :thumbdown:

So here I sit and wait for the two love birds...ohhhh this is so sweet. Dan is in LOVE!!!Crap, does he realize what this is doing to us? No freaking way, he is like ...do, da, do da :lol: .So I asked my husband what Dan said to him and he said Dan said can we have the wedding at your home? Michael said ummmmm ( he had NO warning, I let Dan ask him)How many people are we talking about? Ummm says Dan, 3 couples and You and your wife. My husband says and a minister? Dan Paused UMMMM I want you to officiate. MY poor husband nearly fainted right there in the atrium. Me!!!??? ceriously? He said you want me and my wife to do this ???!!!!We would be honored!!! :!: :!: :!: :thumbup: One of those moments I wish I were a fly (or butterfly) on the wall.

Oh My this is so exciting. :!: :!: :!:
Please keep your kind words a commin' They will keep me calm and giddy until I go under the knife once again.
hugs to you all :!: ;-)
alaskasunshine
Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Glad it is you and not me !!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:02 AM

I have a young brother who needed toget married,because his wife to be had insurance.They had been engaged for two years. Long story short. my brother is 52 and had a heart attack that he had no idea he had a heart attack. The doctors wanted to put him thou a stress test and heart catherzation. My older brother is a caplian at the local jail . I called my oldest brother on Tue asked if he could marry my youngest brother on Thur. My husband and I stood up for them . They got married in our living room at 10 am We took all out to dinner as their wedding present. The dress of the day was a T-shirt and jeans for the groom. The bride wore a sweatshirt and jeans.Both had to go to work that afternoon. My brother is doing well with his heart . He had 100% blockage of the artery. My father had has his first heart attack at 53 and died with his second one at the age of 59. So his wife loved him so much that she gave him the gift of insurance.