Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: September weight loss 2015

Blog Entries
    Checking in! Didn't check in yesterday so posting yesterday and todays activity. Both days I did good, definitely need to drink more water.

9/1
    Workout: P90X3 Eccentric Upper
    Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with PB2
    Lunch: Hard boiled egg, almonds, yogurt
    Dinner: Chicken Fiesta Soup with Salad
    Snack: popcorn

9/2
    Workout: T25 Cardio
    Breakfast: Shakeology
    Lunch: Vegi Omlette
    Dinner: Cobb Salad

Blog Entries
    I received FQ from Lynne and Judy today.
    I didn't get in any exercise aftr school today. Too lazy. Both of my kids at school were off today. The kindergarderners had to take a state mandated standardized test. OMG what a mess. The kids had never been to the computer lab yet this year. A lot of them aparently have never seen a computer mouse. They had no idea what to do. They have to click on a picture of a speaker to hear the question. then click on the answer the click next to get to the next question. Some things they had to drag the answer into a box. They had no idea of how to do it. Even the student who is really smart didn't know what to do. The results will be so inaccurate. My autistic 2nd grader was just really out of it today. I ended up going for several walks with both students to calm them. 8000 steps at school. It is going to be really hot for the rest of the week. The kids are just so dead in the afternoon.

I didn't get to walk this morning because of rain. Rained until late afternoon. We got over 3 inches. Thought I would walk this evening but my DD's family came over. DGD has been sick with a cold for a couple of weeks and now it has settled in her lungs. Dr thinks it is pneumonia but they didn't x-ray her chest to find out for sure. Poor thing. She wanted to come to gramma's house so I said ok. We went out for dinner and then went to their house. So much for going for a walk and working on a quilt this evening. I did 3 burpees a few minutes ago and can't believe how out of shape I am. Last summer I was doing them every day. Ugh!

Wondering if anyone ever rewards themselves with something? Either when they make another goal or at the end of a week/month? Also are you trying to stick to a program? If so, do you have a cheat day or a day you know you won't stick to the goal? How do you keep it somewhat normal?
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Teri, I have always had a problem with rewards. If I want something, I usually have the means to get it. I'm too cheap to reward myself with a spa day. Even rewarding myself with a 'sew all day' gift doesn't motivate me. We are on a fixed income, so there is never any extra.

Amanda, I'm impressed that you are doing P90X3. I graduated from P90X a few years back. I got tired of such long workouts.

Pat, thanks for letting me know you got my FQs. I started the month strong but gained it all back - so I am starting again!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leann View Post
    Amanda, I'm impressed that you are doing P90X3. I graduated from P90X a few years back. I got tired of such long workouts.
    Those long workouts in P90X were hard on me too! P90X3 are only 30 minute workouts. Got to love it! I am doing a hybrid schedule so it is a mix of a bunch of different workouts. Really try to keep my workouts to 30-45 minutes.

CraftyKid - I will do a cheat meal once a week sometimes. It always has to be planned.

Blog Entries
    9/3
    Workout: 21 Day Fix Yoga
    Breakfast: Shakeology
    Lunch: Burrito Bowl
    Dinner: Chicken Salad
    Snack: popcorn

Blog Entries
    I haven't been getting the Quilting Board daily digest for over a week. I know there are other ways to get here but I always followed it to here. I have emailed repeatedly and nothing.
    It is 93 degrees today with 50% humidity. It was awful at school with no AC. I came home and took a nap. It is supposed to be this way until next Thursday. I am hoping to go on a bike ride early tomorrow morning. My neighber has been telling me for a couple of years to come over and swim any time I want. I just don't feel right opening their gate and jumping in their pool. They are leaving town in the morning and I plan to use the pool all weekend.
    I am of to a good start for September eating. They had a breakfast at school this morning and all I had was one bite of coffee cake. I really need to get in more exercise but I come home lazy. I guess I will have to use my elliptical.
    I am working on a quilt for my DD and I am just not in the mood to make it. I promised her it would be finished before she needs it in the winter. It is a lot of curved piecing which is finished. Not sure why I don't want to work on it, the hard stuff is done. I don't even have anything else I desperately want to make.

Blog Entries
    The winner for August is Crafty kid with a loss of 10 pounds. Congratulations! There were some good losses for August. Keep up the good work ladies.

Congratulations Crafty Kid! Great job.
    Anna Quilts

Way to Go Teri! Ten pounds gone is AWESOME! Enjoy your batiks!

I gotta get my act together or I won't lose anything this month. Holding steady only works for so long and then I start slipping into awful habits again. I made the realization yesterday that when I am in pain, I grab something to eat or drink - that is after I exercise to chase away the pain. I have started riding my bike again after 4 months away. I'm only duplicating what I did on the PT bike. I have PiYo by Chalene Johnson that I hope to start this week. My goal is to finish with this program and be ready to get my TurboFire program back from my DD when I see them Christmas. I love a workout program that leaves me drenching.

Have a safe holiday!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    Lynne, Hope those knees get better soon!
    Pat

I am going to be good today. I am going to be good today. etc.
    Anna Quilts

Anna, change that to "I AM being good today". You want it now, not in the future. You have done very well and will continue to do so.

Excellent job, crafty-kid. A little over two pounds a week (August was a long month) and you're golden. Enjoy your batiks.

Teri, cheat days are good. They keep you metabolism guessing so that it doesn't reset to your new lower calorie intake. If you are worried about not jumping back on, have your cheat day away from home so the temptation isn't in the house. (Hot caramel sundae from Culver's, anyone? Pecans subbed for cashews for me.)

Listened to a telesummit broadcast yesterday - one of the points was addressing cravings. When you have a craving, eat straight protein. I have a roasted chicken in the fridge so I'm playing with it today. Years ago, I had a book that indicated eating half a boiled egg at craving time. Same concept.
    Last edited by Irishrose2; 09-06-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Happy to have lost 10 lbs and be the winner of the batiks! I might need to plan a special projects with the winnings of the batiks.
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

You did a great job Teri.

Congrats Teri!! Ten pounds is a great loss!
    I just got back from a weekend trip to Iowa. Visited my mom and then drove 200 miles to my MIL. After an 800+ mile trip and I forgot to wear my support stockings, my ankles are swollen. Guess I will be peeing that off tonight and tomorrow!
    The good news is the weather has cooled down so should be able to get back into my walking routine.

Blog Entries
    I rode my bike 20 miles on Saturday and 15 miles today. We went swimming in my neighbors pool today with the grandkids. It was lots of fun.
    Back to work in the morning. It is supposed to be really hot for 2 more days and then cool down. I hope so, the classrooms are so hot. I will either wear shorts or a skirt tomorrow. It is much cooler that way. Time for bed.

Lost two pounds last week. That is pretty good for the weekend of fattening foods I ate. Pecan pie, pizza, ribs, fries and much more. Back on track this week.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyw View Post
    Lost two pounds last week. That is pretty good for the weekend of fattening foods I ate. Pecan pie, pizza, ribs, fries and much more. Back on track this week.
    No kidding. I lost nothing and I did not have any of the yummy food you are listing. Maybe I will see the rewards next week? I think 2 lbs in one week is awesome. Congratulations!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyw View Post
    Great job on the loss!

Feeling good tonight. Burned 1050 calories today walking a little over 6 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Feeling good tonight. Burned 1050 calories today walking a little over 6 miles.
    Great work out and lots of calories! I bet you are tired too. I did some gardening. It was good to be out there again.
    Anna Quilts

Well...school is back in session and I haven't been able to get my walks in yet, too tired getting used to the new schedule. I'm hoping that my walking during recess is helping a bit, but I want to be less tired so I can do both.
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Teri, I think your little body will adjust quickly since you've done this in the past. Muscle memory can be a good thing.

My surgeon continues to be amazed at my progress - wants me to get a shirt that says Rock Star. I go back in December and can do anything except fall. Did he really think he needed to say that? I am forever praying for a long list of people to NOT fall. I've had minor pain the past two days - and actually slept in my own bed for a change. I've been thinking of what I can do to maintain consistency in the good habits I'm trying to establish. I'd like to cut out a lot of starchy carbs and drastically curtail my Dr Pepper fixes. While my weight was down in my doctors office from the last visit, I was still 6 pounds over what I wanted to be.

I have discovered that sewing or other busy work takes my mind off my legs. I may have crossed that line of too much laying around that is causing problems. I'd love to be able to put in the bike miles that meanmom does, but I'm gonna start slow. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl - this is a work in progress for me.

I did finish my Burgoyne Surrounded scrappy block yesterday. Once I learn how to upload it to my computer, I'll upload it to a post on the Board. I am not a fan of Windows 8 - can't find my folders.

For the first time in weeks, we do not have any triple digit days in our forecast. Fall is my favorite season.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast